oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, Tudders80 said:

Sign some of these or don't, at least we are being linked with new players in positions of need. I wonder if the city lad could play as a number 10.

Has played as a Second striker once I think, and also as a CF 8 times. Mostly right winger though.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tudders80 said:

Sign some of these or don't, at least we are being linked with new players in positions of need. I wonder if the city lad could play as a number 10.

I really think we'd benefit from playing with one of the CMs advanced as a CAM to link up play between the isolated strikers and midfield, so this would be positive signs. Anything to suggest Wilder is finally addressing the issues with the system he's forced onto the squad, rather than just trying to replace the whole squad to suit the system.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Has played as a Second striker once I think, and also as a CF 8 times. Mostly right winger though.

So potentially could cover rwb we think, potentially cover as striker and may be able to cover mcgrees position given he has played lw and as second striker. Seems a versatile choice 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I'm told it would be really doubtful about Ampadu signing for Boro - from my mate who covers Chelsea 

Hi - just thought I’d give my opinion on this as a Wales fan.

Ampadu would be a tremendous signing as a CDM who can also operate at centre back.

Really composed in possession, very good technically.

I remember seeing him play for wales a few years back in midfield as a kid and he was outstanding.

I would love this signing.

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, BoroWales said:

Ampadu would be a tremendous signing as a CDM who can also operate at centre back.

I remember seeing him play for wales a few years back in midfield as a kid and he was outstanding.

Agreed, he would definitely be on my list of defensive midfielders we should be looking at.. Knill needs to put in a good word asap 

All seems a bit desperate for us in terms of transfers.. like the prem players who had agreed have better offers or injuries have scuppered the deal.  Genuine interest in Mowatt but i dont see WBA loaning him to a direct rival. 

9 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

They need someone given calvert-lewin is injured again. Hopefully doesn't mean cov have money to spend on any of our targets 

26 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I'd be happy if that happens, would take away the "What if?" aspect from him.

1 hour ago, BoroWales said:

I think he is a good player too and would be great.

I just know he has offers from Serie A this summer so a move to us is unlikely. This is all from my mate who covers Chelsea for a living  

• Like 1

Given the current rumour mill, our team could end up like this, however doubtful we would get them all. We should be able to go up with this surely?

Put in Greaves but dont think we will get him, just couldnt think of another LCB weve been linked with, also put Paddy as backup in midfield but obv he could also cover in defence

lineup.png

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?