oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

I wonder if we'd have to sell Dael to fund the above.

Out

Dael Fry

In

Larsen, Greaves, Mowatt - permanent

Muniz -Loan to buy

Hannibal - Loan

I doubt it. We have brought plenty of money in so far this window.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

The quotes from Wilder post-match are encouraging if he is as confident as the words come across, and make my previous posts about struggling for numbers look foolish, admittedly (not the first time 🤣),

Hopefully that means the players he wants will arrive, they know what to expect 

The likes of Strand-Larsen I thought we'd fail to land purely as the club he is at won't budge so moved on after reading reports .. but perhaps we're willing to work out something that gives them what they want now, and it is back on. 

It was either a statement of reassurance there's just a little more work to do on the four or five players to arrive then we'll be set.

Or one aimed directly above at recruitment and Chairman that we need this done now or I will lose my patience 😆

There are plenty out and about on social media taking it as above ^ .. not me!

It must be the heat ..  this window has dragged longer than any I have known and since seeing the squad on the opening game of the season, I started to panic ... people are getting tetchy 

Hearing those words from CW, though .. I feel a bit more relaxed about the situation 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

I doubt it. We have brought plenty of money in so far this window.

Couple of questions

Forss + Hoppe = approx. 4M thus far?

Larsen - 9M

Greaves - 6-7M

Mowatt - 3-4M

Muniz - 500k-1M

Hannibal - 500k

Pure guesswork on some of those loan fees based on current wages and whether we would include any bonuses for loans, does that happen?

The above is pretty much all the money gained from Spence and Tav sales spent, where does that leave us with FFP out of interest for next season if that investment doesn't pay off, would we need to sell again?

1 minute ago, Pork Slops said:

I actually saw an ESPN reporter on twitter making out Hoppe was 3m rising to 5m.

Really hope that’s wide of the mark because it’s the first time I’ve seen anyone suggesting the fee is that high. My understanding was 2-2.5m.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, PayeroAndParty said:

This is pushing coburn so far down the order for this season, however, let’s say it’s a loan for muniz a perm like a larsen and then hoppe Akpom/Watmore (both out of contract next summer) and Forss. It would leave us with Forss hoppe (larsen) coburn for next season all on perms and long term deals. Would leave us in a very strong position in that department especially if Coburn has a strong loan move. It’s good planning by club but also important to get the marquee signing and the prem loan for the now.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

Couple of questions

Larsen - 9M

Greaves - 6-7M

Mowatt - 3-4M

Muniz - 500k-1M

Hannibal - 500k

Pure guesswork on some of those loan fees based on current wages and whether we would include any bonuses for loans, does that happen?

The above is pretty much all the money gained from Spence and Tav sales spent, where does that leave us with FFP out of interest for next season if that investment doesn't pay off, would we need to sell again?

Apparently £2.5m for Hoppe is wide of the mark, I’m guessing a lot of the transfers we’ve bid for would be paid in instalments so that’s how we get around FFP, think we’ve got a lot of cash there and are just playing the waiting game to get the best deals. First 4 or 5 games we will struggle for a squad after that it will all fall into place, that’s what I’m guessing 

E64198D4-4942-457D-BCFF-85133AB50DD8.jpeg

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

Couple of questions

Larsen - 9M

Greaves - 6-7M

Mowatt - 3-4M

Muniz - 500k-1M

Hannibal - 500k

Remenber FFP runs on a three year period. Think of all the wages we have cut in the last few years. Also, transfer bids are spread out over the course of the contract (amortisation) so for instance if you give Greaves a long deal that 6-7m is spread on a 5 year deal and becomes roughly 1.2/1.4m a year plus wages.

Also, Tav and Spence both cost us nothing so there's no amortised fees to wipe out with their transfer fees, which means they can all be used towards wages/transfer fees/running costs. 

I would say we are in a pretty healthy state, but these big transfers mean if we didn't do great this year we may have to cut back next couple of years possibly

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, NorwichBoro said:

This is pushing coburn so far down the order for this season, however, let’s say it’s a loan for muniz a perm like a larsen and then hoppe Akpom/Watmore (both out of contract next summer) and Forss. It would leave us with Forss hoppe (larsen) coburn for next season all on perms and long term deals. Would leave us in a very strong position in that department especially if Coburn has a strong loan move. It’s good planning by club but also important to get the marquee signing and the prem loan for the now.

I think somebody alluded to there being interest in Watmore and if that’s the case I reckon we’ll let him go. Decent option to bring on off the bench but we just can’t rely on him. He can’t last 90 minutes and it sounds like his past injuries are catching up with him and causing some problems.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

Remenber FFP runs on a three year period. Think of all the wages we have cut in the last few years. Also, transfer bids are spread out over the course of the contract (amortisation) so for instance if you give Greaves a long deal that 6-7m is spread on a 5 year deal and becomes roughly 1.2/1.4m a year plus wages.

Also, Tav and Spence both cost us nothing so there's no amortised fees to wipe out with their transfer fees, which means they can all be used towards wages/transfer fees/running costs. 

I would say we are in a pretty healthy state, but these big transfers mean if we didn't do great this year we may have to cut back next couple of years possibly

Or sell a certain Isiah Jones 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Pork Slops said:

I wonder if we'd have/choose to sell Dael to fund the above.

Out

Dael Fry

In

Larsen, Greaves, Mowatt - permanent

Muniz -Loan to buy

Hannibal - Loan

With all this fancy football, we need to keep at least one proper defender to help keep clean sheets and put it in row Z at times. Unless we are expecting Steffen to be our defence?! 🥴

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I was trying to avoid taking the numbers too literally cos 11 is usually a winger and 4/5 tend to be central defenders.  I assume that’s one defender and two midfielders?

Yes I thought the same. We urgently need midfielders before three more forwards and two defenders. 

3 hours ago, Micksyd said:

I wonder if Man City would be interested in loaning or selling Croatian no 6 Ante Palaversa, has been out on loan since joining them in 2019.  Played last season in the Belgian League with Kortrijk, 22 year old, 1.87 metres, has a physical presence and good passing range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=retau-n2OFs

Inb4…..

With all the changes being made we could be looking at 7 or 8 new players in the starting 11. It might take a while before everyone is settled in and up to speed, makes me wonder how realistic a promotion push is this season. 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?