oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

I'd be devastated if we didn't get greaves.

Sometimes you just get inkling with a player that they are going to jump to a top class level and I think he fits into that mould.

Young, commanding, left footer with bags of potential. I could see a Southampton picking him up and developing him and then go onto a big money move.

Been impressed everytime i have seen him.

I just hope we are that club for once that can do that.

• Like 14
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I guess my point is if he throws his toys out the pram and quits, where does he go from us that would be so much better in terms of signing players? He's not getting a Premier League job. And when all is said and done I reckon we'll have spent more than most sides in the division by the end of this window.

For the record I don't think he would quit anyway - I'm just pointing out the flaws in the Boro fans on social media who seem convinced he'll quit if we fail to sign Greaves and Larsen in the next week. 

Again I agree. But being the Devils Advocate you could argue that he is setting it up to be the clubs fault (broken promises, best player sold from underneath him, paper thin squad) as a means of protecting his own reputation. Although we have spent (well so far IMO) it is pretty much unanimous opinion that we are still some way short, which strengthens his position  with the fan base (and probably the media). The meeting with SG yesterday, were KS and NB party to that also or was CW going straight to the top as it were? The bullish statement last night about filling the empty squad numbers and SG being on the same page? You just feel like the stakes are being raised behind the scenes and I fancy that whilst it might look relaxed and business like in the public domain, it is far from it behind closed doors.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Sometimes you just get inkling with a player that they are going to jump to a top class level and I think he fits into that mould.

Young, commanding, left footer with bags of potential. I could see a Southampton picking him up and developing him and then go onto a big money move.

Nice to see you back posting, been a quiet period for you!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Whole thread is a decent read

Reminds me of the time Gibson spoke to my son outside a London shop, gave him loads of information which all came to pass, hopefully some of you might remember @boksicdink will attest to this.

So forget about whispers and clues given to forum members just simply ask SG direct

• Like 10
13 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Is this just your own wishful thinking or have you any semi  concrete news about it?

26 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I guess my point is if he throws his toys out the pram and quits, where does he go from us that would be so much better in terms of signing players? He's not getting a Premier League job. And when all is said and done I reckon we'll have spent more than most sides in the division by the end of this window.

For the record I don't think he would quit anyway - I'm just pointing out the flaws in the Boro fans on social media who seem convinced he'll quit if we fail to sign Greaves and Larsen in the next week. 

I don't know why people would think he'll walk away from a multi million contract. He won't.

6 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Reminds me of the time Gibson spoke to my son outside a London shop, gave him loads of information which all came to pass, hopefully some of you might remember @boksicdink will attest to this.

So forget about whispers and clues given to forum members just simply ask SG direct

Funny you should say that. I was in the directors box with Gibson and everyone last night.

I should have taken one for the team and asked about who we're looking at but I didn't want to push it.

I wish I had now but we weren't sat next to them, we were over the other side of the entrance way.

All that aside, what a privilege to be in there. What an experience with hospitality and everything 👌🏻

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Is this just your own wishful thinking or have you any semi  concrete news about it?

Bit of both.

I've heard he wants to come here and we are preparing another bid closer to hulls valuation which might be similar to what lurker has heard.

He's our number 1 target for that role but Hull playing hard ball.

Lots of clubs have increased valuations to us because they know what we have received, I presume that's why its dragging but that's just my own personal thoughts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Bit of both.

I've heard he wants to come here and we are preparing another bid closer to hulls valuation which might be similar to what lurker has heard.

He's our number 1 target for that role but Hull playing hard ball.

Lots of clubs have increased valuations to us because they know what we have received, I presume that's why its dragging but that's just my own personal thoughts.

Nice to hear. I would love to sign him as he looks very good and it seems just such an obvious signing for what we need.

That contract rejection obviously won't help Hull in their negotiations with us. We obviously know the people only has 1 year left on his contract and wants a move. 

Hull can play hardball all they like - the fact of the matter is, they either keep a player on their books who is unhappy and will go for free next summer, or cut their cloth and sell him now.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?