oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

5 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Could mean they have learned his preference is Boro or that Groningen just simply won’t sell so have moved on to other targets 

Or they were never after him and Groningen leaked false info to drive up our bid?

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

We should throw in a bid for him matching the Italians, and make it very very public. Never getting him for that if Burnley have offered more and would maybe make Groningen think about our bid more seriously. We should have a word with his agent too to tell larsen this is the alternative. Maybe push larsen into agitating more, and handing a request in 

32 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

I knos absolutely nothing about the bloke but for some reason I read that and thought, "such a Burnley signing"

Played in Denmark some years ago. Such a carthorse so you’re right😀

• Like 1

Burnley sign Tella from Saints and that probably ends our chances of signing Armstrong.

Roll on 2023/24 when we’ll make claims of another marquee signing and “giving it a good go” in the transfer market. 

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, "KM" said:

Burnley sign Tella from Saints and that probably ends our chances of signing Armstrong.

Roll on 2023/24 when we’ll make claims of another marquee signing and “giving it a good go” in the transfer market. 

It’s ok. You will be gone by then anyway, Watmore will of been released or leave this window and you said when he leaves you are done with the club 🤣🤣

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Tella is w winger and Armstrong is a striker. Am not sure if that assists in preventing your meltdown but thought I would raise the point anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Armstrong started for Southampton in most of preseason and in their first league fixture. I can't imagine he was coming here, regardless of who they have or haven't sold.

• Like 1

That time of the window where agents are ramping up there leaks to the press just like selling clubs etc.. keep the faith.. 21 days until the window shuts and im quietly confident we will be in a better position.. i know some slate the club but its not as if were not chucking bids about..5 for greaves 9 for Larsen.. signed Forss for 3 and Hoppe for 2... big loan fee for Steffen... we are trying. In terms of AA and Gibbo... i dont see them back here in a month of sundays... i do see us chasing 5 targets with 48-72hrs of the window left however. Also think Watmore willl be allowed to leave.

• Like 4

Mowatt starts for WBA

Sheff Utd play mix of starting 11 and back ups. Fodderingham, Egan, that £5m CB they signed, Fleck, Norwood and Brewster who started on weekend all start tonight.

I can't see watmore being here after the window closes. Two huge chances in two games squandered when we need to be clinical. He must know he is going to 5th choice at best. I'd guess there will be interest from lower championship clubs or high league 1 teams where he can start games. He may even end up in Scotland 

4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

That time of the window where agents are ramping up there leaks to the press just like selling clubs etc.. keep the faith.. 21 days until the window shuts and im quietly confident we will be in a better position.. i know some slate the club but its not as if were not chucking bids about..5 for greaves 9 for Larsen.. signed Forss for 3 and Hoppe for 2... big loan fee for Steffen... we are trying. In terms of AA and Gibbo... i dont see them back here in a month of sundays... i do see us chasing 5 targets with 48-72hrs of the window left however. Also think Watmore willl be allowed to leave.

While I agree with what you've said, it's going to very nerve inducing to still be after 5 players within three days of the window shutting. We've got 5 League games between now and then and I think we need four straight into the starting eleven personally. 

In fairness it's seemed like every one is having a hard window, but it feels worse for us because of not just the volume of outgoing players from last season, but also one of our most influential in Tav. 

3 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

I can't see watmore being here after the window closes. Two huge chances in two games squandered when we need to be clinical. He must know he is going to 5th choice at best. I'd guess there will be interest from lower championship clubs or high league 1 teams where he can start games. He may even end up in Scotland 

Wouldnt be shocked to see him end up back up the road.

1 minute ago, BoroDave4 said:

While I agree with what you've said, it's going to very nerve inducing to still be after 5 players within three days of the window shutting. We've got 5 League games between now and then and I think we need four straight into the starting eleven personally. 

In fairness it's seemed like every one is having a hard window, but it feels worse for us because of not just the volume of outgoing players from last season, but also one of our most influential in Tav. 

Whilst i understand the nervousness and feeling of what if.. the clubs who are spending in the championship are either Burnley with Parachute Payments or...... i cant think of any off the top of my head outlaying lots of ££.

As for losing Tav.. agree he was our most influential player... however we didnt lose him... he wanted to go... big difference for me.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?