oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Not to mention a 75% pass accuracy and no yellow cards after two games. He ain't pretty, but he does the stuff others don't so until we find someone better he is a necessary option. Have a feeling that he will not be our most yellowed player this year

13 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I have to agree. Getting the amount of goals last season like he did was quality and let’s not forget that. However, we all know his disciplinary record and he can’t pass for toffee. But he’s one of those players who we still need, it’s a strange one 😂 1 goal and an assist at QPR too

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Not to mention a 75% pass accuracy and no yellow cards after two games. He ain't pretty, but he does the stuff others don't so until we find someone better he is a necessary option. Have a feeling that he will not be our most yellowed player this year

Oooo that’s a bold claim 😂 who do you think will?

Depending on their appearances, Lenihan, Smith or Bola (off to a flying start). Last season some of his cards were daft when other stuff much worse had been ignored and he was the one chosen by the ref to try to regain control. He will always be ungainly but he isn't a hatchet man

7 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Oooo that’s a bold claim 😂 who do you think will?

Maybe wrong but we'll see how it goes. Hopefully he isn't a "marked man" as in the past, he hasn't attracted the same amount   

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Hannibal (sorry @TeaCider24) would definitely add a bit of bite to our soft as puppy dog *** midfield 

hes as powder puff as they come. just because he comes on for manu and fouls people doesnt mean he is a tough player. he looks woeful to me. more like a player to come of the bench and make something happen rather than a starter in the championship. which i think is to tough a league for the likes of him. we will regret signing him. major flop alert.

Considering this was supposed to be a pivotal week it is very quiet. I suspect that it is less so behind the scenes- the calm before the storm in the public domain. What time is the presser?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Considering this was supposed to be a pivotal week it is very quiet. I suspect that it is less so behind the scenes- the calm before the storm in the public domain. What time is the presser?

Not so sure there has been much if any movement.

41 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Why would we throw away 10 goals from midfield when we already struggle with our goal scoring? 

Because the rest of his game is rubbish. He's a mid-table Championship standard player.

Can't fault him for the goals and assists contributions although think it's largely down to lack of strikers.

He should always score a few goals just because of his height.

In terms of mobility, passing, technical, workrate etc. He's very poor.

Either way the midfield three of McGree, Howson, Crooks isn't Top 6 championship standard.

We need an injection of energy, mobility and technical players in our midfielder.

Would Wilder sign a player like Crooks if he hadn't inherited him? Not a chance.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RiversideRed said:

From what I've heard he's young, energetic and loves a tackle.

At the moment we have a tree who's very immobile and can't cover ground. 

With a goal and assist already whilst you have a player doing ball all on the other side who's very slow doesn't cover ground, is a midget and can't tackle 🤷

5 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

With a goal and assist already whilst you have a player doing ball all on the other side who's very slow doesn't cover ground, is a midget and can't tackle 🤷

A lot better technically tho. 

31 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Presser is here: "We're working hard on new players. Bids are in but it's a tough market and unlike ourselves clubs want to bring in their own targets before selling, so we're just waiting on other clubs doing their business first. But the recruitment team are working hard and I can't fault their effort. But the squad will be stronger when the window shuts".

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?