oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

16 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Point being till otherwise all the evidence suggests he’s not here, it would of been reported if we bid again so he wouldn’t be here unless we have

Well my feeling is that a trusted ITK confirming that at least half of what @bigpete2112 posted is true, tends to add weight to the chances of the other half being correct also. He also was told that Larsen ‘is at Rockliffe today’ not right now but today. Could just as easily mean he’s in later if, for example, the info is coming from someone at the hotel.

• Like 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JTG said:

He’s useless. I’m still baffled as to how he managed to get a prem move after leaving us. He must share an agent with Chupo-Moting and Arnautovic.

I don't think he was a bad player but has to go down as one of the most baffling considering the money spent and we had signed Bamford Gestede and Britt and I think still had Stuani on the books. Wasnt there a case with Monk and his agent going on and Fletcher was an alleged deal involved.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

So do you still believe he trained with us then? 

I was shown the evidence that he was training with the team in the gym so yes I believe what I was sent.

You don't want to believe that then fine thats your perogative but your coming across a bit of **** just because you don't believe something.

Larsen even said he could of signed for us quickly in his interview... I think that just backs up what ivseen

But you go back to being a keyboard warrior ...Get a life!

You crave info on here and when you get some info from whoever you look for argument..Not a good trait

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 15
2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

For those who keep comparing the Bahamboula incident with Larsen.

Bahamboula did not train with us whilst we were negotiating a fee with his parent club. He was on trial with us with the permission of his parent club who essentially said “if you like what you see, we can then talk”.

I dont think a top flight dutch team are going to afford us the same privilege with they main striker who they value at about at £12m and not 100k

Aye, I'm not remotely convinced he has ever been here and certainly not to the extent he's been training with us. Imagine if he got injured? Groningen don't even want to sell but somehow the player was here under our watchful eye, using our facilities. If anything happened, Groningen could have surely sued our *** off.

9 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Bit of a difference mate. We could of had a few sorted. A really low one. Let me ask you. Do you beleive Larsen trained with us????

It’s not really different as it’s a professional footballer training with a team he’s not contracted with. Ben Gibson and Danny Rose have done it recent seasons as well. 

So those three disprove the idea that “players don’t train with other teams before a fee is agreed”.

It may not be common but it does happen.

As for Larsen I believe the poster was genuine in posting.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the player had been across here to have a look around. I know Hoppe was here and Sunderland a week or two before signing.

The problem with the term training is it’s too vague. 

Do I think he did a full on session with the squad? No. 

He might have had a kick around, done a few drills or he might have just been seen at the training ground and that has been misconstrued.

I don’t know. 

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

I was shown the evidence that he was training with the team in the gym so yes I believe what I was sent.

You don't want to believe that then fine thats your perogative but your coming across a bit of **** just because you don't believe something.

That’s good enough for me 👍🏻

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Well my feeling is that a trusted ITK confirming that at least half of what @bigpete2112 posted is true, tends to add weight to the chances of the other half being correct also. He also was told that Larsen ‘is at Rockliffe today’ not right now but today. Could just as easily mean he’s in later if, for example, the info is coming from someone at the hotel.

Fair enough tho mate I’ll take your word for it cus I’m mostly just guessing 

2 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:

I think you are overly harsh on McGree performances. You make out like he has been shocking when he hasn’t. Been worse players, crooks included imo, And I totally agree with you, it does sound ridiculous dropping a player with that many goal involvements. Sure he did the same for Rotherham and they still got relegated so I don’t think that going of his goals is gonna help guarantee you success. I’m not saying drop him I just think we can definitely get a better player in that position at this level.  That goes for every position aswell, even when tav was here. Anyway I’d actually say that there is only one player that we couldn’t replace at this level and that is Giles. 

The issue with McGree right now is that he's miles behind where Tavernier was for us.  McGree for us, and throughout his career to date, makes fewer than half the tackles Tavernier did last season, and for the past couple of seasons, per game.  Midfield generally is where you get the most tackles being made, not defence, and McGree doesn't seem to carry his weight there.  If it was just that alone then so be it but Tavernier makes more key passes, more dribbles, has more shots, gets fouled more often, as well.  The only thing that McGree seems to have over Tavernier is passing accuracy, and I believe that is because McGree tends to play a lot of safe passes that don't really get us anywhere but inflate those stats a little. 

McGree isn't a replacement for Tavernier in terms of player type as they clearly offer different things.  What we need is for McGree to grow into his midfield role here, and to make it his own, using his own strengths.  He should be the best passer out of the three of them so he has to make that count, not just with safe passing but incisive passing, although of course that's really easy for me to say but a lot harder to do when you have an opposition player bearing down on you.  He does have to add something to the defensive side of things - it's a relatively small sample but last season Tavernier  attempted 3.2 tackles per game for us, Crooks was 3, Howson was 2.8 but McGree was only 1.5.  That's quite a big difference really, and he needs to step up.  This season so far he's attempted 1 tackle per game so he's still lagging behind.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Keyboard warrior springs to mind...Get a life!

Your right I don’t believe you. And maybe I do need to get a life. Come on over his forum too much 😂 But I don’t make stuff up like you and your brother. 

6 hours ago, NorwichBoro said:

Coburn and hoppe are gonna be used as a benchmark for each other 100%, they aren’t going to be able to avoid the comparison 

I would hope and expect that Hoppe is ahead of Coburn so I'm not sure what use a comparison would be between the two of them right now.

• Like 1
Just now, Mfcdanny said:

Your right I don’t believe you. And maybe I do need to get a life. Come on over his forum too much 😂 But I don’t make stuff up like you and your brother. 

You can pass on incorrect info without “making it up”, you know. 

Obviously there’s plenty on here that do make things up, especially recently, but diggerlad ain’t one of them 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

Now only sad individuals who don't really care about the boro would make up lies..... Go ahead and start one 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?