oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

17 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

digger wont be lying. i bet we had agreed a fee, had him in for talks etc and then they changed what they wanted. ie moved the goal posts. everything almost done. like wilder said nearly had x2 through the door. ended up with just hoppe. we likely had him here to and all sorted weeks ago just waiting on permits.

This is most likely what’s gone on imo, if he says he’s seen evidence of the guy in our gym then it’s likely it was all but done. Even from the players own interview I’d guess that everything was agreed with him and a basic fee was probably agreed between the clubs which is why he came in the first place.

Idk what people expect like a sky news reporter to rock up within 5 minutes of him showing up at our training ground? I don’t see why it’s so hard to believe and I also don’t see why people are so desperate for it to be proven wrong. For some bizarre reason I’d guess these more vocal people are jealous that someone gets inside info and they don’t? 

Like we have it every summer, people coming on a rumours thread to moan that rumours are all rubbish. Even if they are rubbish idc and I don’t think most others do either, we don’t need some self appointed hero to save us from believing any of it or telling us what to ignore. If you don’t like rumours get off the thread, if you don’t believe a rumour just shut up and scroll past it, your opinion isn’t as important as you think it is. 

btw this is not a dig at that guy who was arguing earlier, just in general at the people that get so worked up about rumours.

• Like 3
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think it will be difficult to have a completed squad by next season given the players that are almost certain to leave.  And that's not factoring in signings we make that just don't work out.  It's definitely a more pleasing version of the future but I don't know how realistic it is.  We should definitely be in a better position a year from now however, if we aren't then something has gone seriously wrong between now and then.

It's my reference point for how were doing now and through future transfer windows. It alleviates the pressure in the short-term while we're undergoing huge upheaval, as we settle the foundation down to build upon, but increases expectations as the squad build should be starting to bear fruit. We don't really have many bloated long-term contracts weighing us down, such as the mess in the summer of 2017, so the squad turnaround should be fairly smooth if carried out competently.

We've still got serious business to do this summer, and are sat on a good pot of money, so come the end of August I'm sure we'll be looking a hell of a lot stronger than the vulnerable position we are now. After then we've got the more difficult January 2023 transfer window and the easier summer 2023 transfer window. By the end of that, the intense building phases of the long-term project should be complete, with us being in the same position as other clubs who have successfully gone through the implementation stages of a long-term vision, so just require the standard squad replenishment and aiming to add quality like a well run club. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

This is most likely what’s gone on imo, if he says he’s seen evidence of the guy in our gym then it’s likely it was all but done. Even from the players own interview I’d guess that everything was agreed with him and a basic fee was probably agreed between the clubs which is why he came in the first place.

Idk what people expect like a sky news reporter to rock up within 5 minutes of him showing up at our training ground? I don’t see why it’s so hard to believe and I also don’t see why people are so desperate for it to be proven wrong. For some bizarre reason I’d guess these more vocal people are jealous that someone gets inside info and they don’t? 

Like we have it every summer, people coming on a rumours thread to moan that rumours are all rubbish. Even if they are rubbish idc and I don’t think most others do either, we don’t need some self appointed hero to save us from believing any of it or telling us what to ignore. If you don’t like rumours get off the thread, if you don’t believe a rumour just shut up and scroll past it, your opinion isn’t as important as you think it is. 

btw this is not a dig at that guy who was arguing earlier, just in general at the people that get so worked up about rumours.

Out of order mate 😂

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Larson's Interview the other day basically confirms that's what happened. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

"Ikpeazu?"      ....        "Ikpeazu"...         "Oh I see there's a note here excusing him from games today"

He was actually there but he only responds to Karl.

I’d love for us to line up in a 5212 to utilise McGree better. 

It will never happen as Wilder likes his 352 /532 but currently I’d play

Steffen

Jones Dijk Fry McNair Giles

Howson Crooks

McGree

??? ???

27 minutes ago, LBP said:

Groningen's next game is Ajax away same time as our game so see if he plays or not 

Let him enjoy the Ajax game and say goodbye to the fans

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

Steffen

Howson Crooks

McGree

??? ???

He did spend most of pre season playing as a 10

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Steffen

Howson Crooks

McGree

??? ???

I also think this would work well. It would allow the wingbacks and overlapping CBs to dart on, but leave the two holding CMs to cover the fast break. McGree is more of a John Swift than a Tav.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?