oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Apparently the West Brom owner has taken money out of the club and not paid it back?

Mowatt wouldn't have moved if Dike didn't get injured. They need wage space to replace him. Sounds like we've taken advantage of the situation.

That would make it likely they have got a recall clause.  Expect to see either a recall in January or a demand for us to pay a hefty loan fee to keep him (a bit like we did with Spence). If he does well and we are challenging WBA near top of table, it would make sense for them to try to disrupt season or get a chunk of money in for him. 

2 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

That would make it likely they have got a recall clause.  Expect to see either a recall in January or a demand for us to pay a hefty loan fee to keep him (a bit like we did with Spence). If he does well and we are challenging WBA near top of table, it would make sense for them to try to disrupt season or get a chunk of money in for him. 

Maybe. Loans don't have an automatic recall clause and they may just want his wages off for a year. 

8 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

I suspect that we moved onto Mowatt straight after Choudhury opted for Watford, if so, glad we got it sorted so quickly, news seemed to come out around the time the Choudhury signing was announced.

I think we might have been targeting both 

Mowatts come in as an 8 that can do a job at 4 from what Wilder said about him replacing Tav (not like for like but similar qualities) and I agree he's definitely better slightly more advanced

Still need that nasty enforcer to compete with Howson

10 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

I suspect that we moved onto Mowatt straight after Choudhury opted for Watford, if so, glad we got it sorted so quickly, news seemed to come out around the time the Choudhury signing was announced.

Dont think so. Wilder goes on about balance all the time. Mowatt is Tav short term replacement/competition for McGree.

Hamza would have provided competition for Howson and Crooks

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Maybe. Loans don't have an automatic recall clause and they may just want his wages off for a year. 

I'm sure we would prefer not to have any recall clause in, but maybe we have been forced into it, we might well have had to agree to a recall clause and it does make a lot of sense for them. They can let him stay all season if they want, or make demands as i said originally to try to either muck up our season or get more money. They could even demand we buy him at a large price if we want to keep him. Wouldn't you like to have those options (especially if the recall option is only on their side and we cant hand him back? (I don't know if that is normal, or whether recall clauses are usually two way?)

6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Dont think so. Wilder goes on about balance all the time. Mowatt is Tav short term replacement/competition for McGree.

Hamza would have provided competition for Howson and Crooks

What are identifiable as the difference in styles, I've seen lots of Mowatt and bits of Hamza and would say they are pretty similar?

1 minute ago, LBP said:

I think we might have been targeting both 

Mowatts come in as an 8 that can do a job at 4 from what Wilder said about him replacing Tav (not like for like but similar qualities) and I agree he's definitely better slightly more advanced

Still need that nasty enforcer to compete with Howson

wilder said we are bringing in a 4, 5, 9, 10 and 11. 4 being a cb and 5 being a cdm. well with wilder being a 90's player guessing thats what a no5 means. 

probably just means wilder is looking to sign 5 more senior first team players so hoppe will have to use a squad number. 2 being strikers 2 midfielders and a cb. one down 4 to go then. great signing mowatt.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

What are identifiable as the difference in styles, I've seen lots of Mowatt and bits of Hamza and would say they are pretty similar?

i was half watching the game last night and hamza just sat infront of the defense and never ran much when i payed attention. watford at home seemed to have a very rigid shape in defense and midfield with their attackers free to counter. hamza would be in a very different system and role playing for us. cant really judge how he does for them vs what we would be missing. 

1 hour ago, JonnyMFC said:

I wonder if many ppls outlooks have changed following the signing of Mowatt?

Im not saying that he is the be all and end all to our threadbare squad, but he certainly fills a gap and I for one am am a little more optimistic that we will get in the players we need before the window closes.

It certainly helps🙂

8 minutes ago, kentucky said:

Loans usually have a permanent option in them

They don't mate, the opposite infact. Most loans are highly rated youngsters leaving a parent club to get minutes to develop. Very rarely do they have permanent options.

• Like 1

Seen it suggested by WBA fans on twitter that a potential reason for Bruce letting him go is because he wasn't happy about rule of living within hour of training ground. Maybe wanted to stay closer to home. In which case you'd think unlikely to recall him. 

• Wow 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?