oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Sounds like he's entirely bought into Gibson and Scott's strategy. He won't be going anywhere any time soon. Excellent interview. 

Agree 100% fantastic interview from a man who is absolutely on board with the strategy 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I agree with you regarding like for like with Tav. But we've kinda gone to an extreme with Mcgree/Howson/Crooks. It must be the slowest midfield in the league. We need to improve that side of things. 

To be fair Leadbitter and Clayton were hardly quick and we dominated games from midfield but I get your point 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Sounds like he's entirely bought into Gibson and Scott's strategy. He won't be going anywhere any time soon. Excellent interview. 

My thoughts exactly

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

In the vid on the club website, he gives that answer at 16.00 minutes in. Its worth a watch. It's clearly something he believes in, not just trotting out a club line.

• Like 1
Just now, Smogzilla said:

In the vid on the club website, he gives that answer at 16.00 minutes in. Its worth a watch. It's clearly something he believes in, not just trotting out a club line.

Maybe it's also something he's learned from previous mistakes - he's definitely been guilty of overspending on certain players while in the premier league. Though obviously the consequences are much less in that division. 

1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

Nope, he's walking next week and we're signing nobody.

Middle aged men on Facebook can't be wrong.

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

“We could have done ten deals by now, but we’d have overpaid," he said blunty. "Some clubs do overpay, and then they have to deal with the consequences down the line. We could be sat here where there wouldn’t have to be questions about recruitment because it would have all been done."

"But what would have been done would have been overpaying and putting ourselves in a poor financial position and gambling massively our long-term future for immediate gain. We could quite easily do that, break rules and then do this and do that to work your way around it. Dodge bullets here and cut corners there.

"You can’t do it, or you shouldn’t do it. We could have easily done it and the manager would be sat here saying, ‘brilliant, I’m alright. I’ve got what I want’. But, as we know, what happens - the consequences and the knock-on effect of the big gamble - has to be picked up by an owner, and at this club the owner doesn’t want to do it that way. Alternatively, somebody else picks it up or deals with the slack down the line, and I don’t think that’s how a football club should be run."

“I’ve felt it before. People lose their jobs - people who have been working at the football club for 30-35 years. Local contractors don’t get paid and go out of business. People get shafted. The football club then loses points, slides, relegation… Bang! Bang! Bang!

"I understand it. Supporters are happy at the time, and it’s maybe a slight criticism of how certain supporters sometimes think. They’re quite happy for everybody to spend and live in the moment."

"I remember the Portsmouth situation where they lived in that moment of winning the FA Cup and being in the UEFA Cup and having about 15 guys on £100 grand a week, in a ground that holds about 14-15,000 fans. That’s 14-15,000 really passionate supporters. But all of a sudden a bomb goes off beneath it and all of a sudden they’re in League Two trying to get out of it.”

from the Gazette article on Wilders latest press conference.

So he’s saying you get the better deals towards the end of the transfer window 😁 

4 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Ikpeazu just wasn't anywhere near the level required was he, pointless signing in a poor window for us 

We signed 13 players last summer. Only one is still in the first team squad. 

Unbelievable that. If only we'd sacked Warnock last summer and brough wilder in then - one transfer strategy instead of that weird split strategy we had 

• Like 6
39 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Lets hope he gets on better with Wilder.

In any case I guess we shouldn't get too used to seeing him in a Boro shirt...unless WBA eventually decide they don't mind selling him to us for a price we can afford.

If Bruce is still at the Albion at the end of the loan period then Mowatt will not be returning and will be put up for sale

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?