oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

1 - Goalkeeper
2 - Right Back
3 - Left Back
4 - Right Half
5 - Centre Half
6 - Left Half
7 - Right Winger
8 - Inside Right
9 - Centre Forward
10 - Inside Left
11 - Left Winger

Now that's a proper line up with leather casey footballs, none of these prima donna dramatic titles for positions in them days.

No "Squads", no Subs, no rolling around on the floor feigning injuries, broken bones were sorted with a quick splash of the magic sponge from a metal bucket and they just carried on playing.

Red and white scarves, wooden rattles, the aromatic scent of Woodbines and Bovril with a gentle waft of Urine from the back of the Holgate (or down your leg if it was a sell out)!

If you squint you can probably see yourself in the queue down the street... 😉

image.thumb.png.243ae2273814b1b663ea3b700e416ecb.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

That looks like the queue at Rocking Horse Wendy's house only they were all young boys

Rocking Horse Wendy.jpg

10 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

That's a modern picture with all that new money malarkey, you can hardly see the 6 shillings on the board or 6/- as it should have been written!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Remember the time we tried to sign Harry Maguire? 😂

And he will still be first choice in the World Cup, alongside John "I've not played in three years" Stones 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
19 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Remember the time we tried to sign Harry Maguire? 😂

There was a video on YouTube of the reactions of him and other characters who live stream themselves while man utd are playing. So funny honestly! I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a laugh. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

And he will still be first choice in the World Cup, alongside John "I've not played in three years" Stones 

Stones is the best CB we have currently so I'd hope he would be playing. Slim pickings in that position. He's playing in the strongest side in world football at the moment to be fair to him.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

To be honest if England crash out of Qatar early I won't be that bothered.

• Like 2

Maguire is on a hiding to nothing in a team where midfielders and forwards think defending isn't their responsibility. Don't think he is a "great" player but would get a game in most teams that aren't show ponies 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Maguire is on a hiding to nothing in a team where midfielders and forwards think defending isn't their responsibility. Don't think he is a "great" player but would get a game in most teams that aren't show ponies 

I think a big part of the problem is he doesn't suit the style of play. Don't know what on earth possessed them to buy him in the first place. He's a big lad who wins his headers, and in a lesser team that sits in deeper he'd look much better imo, like when he plays for England. As it happens Rangnick and Ten Hag both want to play with a high line and he just doesn't have the pace.

• Like 4
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?