oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

13 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

To be honest if England crash out of Qatar early I won't be that bothered.

I usually LOVE the World Cup and not just from an England perspective. I love the random fixtures you get Senegal vs Argentina and the likes, just an opportunity to watch teams you don’t see all that often.

Finding it really hard to be interested, not sure if it’s just the time of year it’s on or what. Maybe because it’s interrupting the football I really care about.

• Like 5
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, Bennyboy137 said:

I usually LOVE the World Cup and not just from an England perspective. I love the random fixtures you get Senegal vs Argentina and the likes, just an opportunity to watch teams you don’t see all that often.

Finding it really hard to be interested, not sure if it’s just the time of year it’s on or what. Maybe because it’s interrupting the football I really care about.

same here, been thinking about not even watching the games. joke of a world cup. 

• Like 1
Just now, RichAcklam2404 said:

Does everything think we’ll go back in for Larsen then? According to media we’ve moved onto other targets but I’d have assumed we would have heard another name linked by now 🤔 

Im almost certain of it, we are playing hard ball with Groningen and not being held to ransom.........It'll go to the final day and in the meantime I can imagine the staff are laying the foundations elsewhere just in case we cant get him and we make what might look like a panic buy to some, but it'll all be well thought out in advance.

• Like 2
Just now, Birdie said:

Bit of a slight on the national team? 

I just think international football is different to club football. Much more pedestrian and played at a slower pace.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Im almost certain of it, we are playing hard ball with Groningen and not being held to ransom.........It'll go to the final day and in the meantime I can imagine the staff are laying the foundations elsewhere just in case we cant get him and we make what might look like a panic buy to some, but it'll all be well thought out in advance.

Yeah I agree mate. Although Groningen keep on saying they don’t have to sell etc that Larsen interview last week was pretty eye opening wasn’t it. He may not push for a move but that won’t sit well with anyone. Fair play to Boro for sticking to our price and not budging. We may just need to include extra add ons to get the deal done.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Yeah I agree mate. Although Groningen keep on saying they don’t have to sell etc that Larsen interview last week was pretty eye opening wasn’t it. He may not push for a move but that won’t sit well with anyone. Fair play to Boro for sticking to our price and not budging. We may just need to include extra add ons to get the deal done.

If the club are willing to pay that much for him then he has to be our No1 target, and nobody gives up on something they really want just because somebody says no.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Does everything think we’ll go back in for Larsen then? According to media we’ve moved onto other targets but I’d have assumed we would have heard another name linked by now 🤔 

I reckon we've left our offer on the table and ball is firmly in Groningen's court but I can't see us going back in and upping it. Eventually we're going to have to look at contingencies although it does help that with Forss and Hoppe through the door we aren't as desperate as we were a few weeks ago. If he really is our number 1 target which it looks like he is we can afford to let it go to the wire as long as we have a plan B lined up and are able to pull the trigger at short notice if there are no developments.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Maguire is on a hiding to nothing in a team where midfielders and forwards think defending isn't their responsibility. Don't think he is a "great" player but would get a game in most teams that aren't show ponies 

Bit like Lenihan for us so far!

34 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Think @diggerlad07said on Friday that we had gone in with a new bid. That was after the reports about Groningen rejecting a new bid. I think today will be his final game for them. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Birdie said:

Bit of a slight on the national team? 

I think he meant that England are naturally more defensively inclined...unlike teams like Man City, Liverpool etc.

But yes, I've often thought that our national team are often less than the sum of their parts. Obviously got a lot better lately, but you still never feel hugely confident in them.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Stones is the best CB we have currently so I'd hope he would be playing. Slim pickings in that position. He's playing in the strongest side in world football at the moment to be fair to him.

I don't disagree ability wise but the issue is if hes not playing he wont be match fit and even though he will build it up throughout the tournament, early mistakes could cost us

1 hour ago, Bennyboy137 said:

Just the same , cannot get interested, probably due to the time of the year, the corruption involved and the slave labour used to build the stadiums

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?