oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

35 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

regarding keepers, someone i think may be a decent shout is Matt Ryan. he looked good two seasons ago at brighton but struggled at arsenal . hes a solid reliable and experienced keeper, commanding and experienced. unfortunately the stumbling block would be wages. and hes australian which has worked before.

Cracking shout that! 👏

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Will said:

Think people need to temper their expectations from Gyokeres. He's going to cost £10m and I think it's nigh-on guaranteed we won't spend that on a single player this summer. We should be looking for the next Gyokeres/Piroe/Pukki.

Spot on Will , plus we know spending big has never worked out for us.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

regarding keepers, someone i think may be a decent shout is Matt Ryan. he looked good two seasons ago at brighton but struggled at arsenal . hes a solid reliable and experienced keeper, commanding and experienced. unfortunately the stumbling block would be wages. and hes australian which has worked before.

He only joined Sociedad in the summer like

16 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I'd definitely have Gibson back if Fry is sold, but not convinced he'd fill in the LCB role very well. 

I think he'd be ideal if Fry is sold as he is very vocal and plenty of experience at this level. I wouldn't see him as a solution to the overlapping LCB role that Paddy has filled in for. Ben just isn't agile enough not does he possess the footwork skills required at pace. As a solid anchor in the middle of a back three then it's a yes from me but there are others out there like Kipre from WBA that looked impressive at Wigan a few years back at this level but he is right footed so again it would only be as a Fry alternative.

• Like 1

10. Middlesbrough linked with raid for £2m ex-Brentford star

Fresh reports have suggested that Middlesbrough made an approach to sign Birmingham City defender Harlee Dean in January. The £2m signing, who eventually went on to join Sheffield Wednesday on loan, is expected to leave the Blues this summer. (The 72)

not a fan

3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Fresh reports have suggested that Middlesbrough made an approach to sign Birmingham City defender Harlee Dean in January. The £2m signing, who eventually went on to join Sheffield Wednesday on loan, is expected to leave the Blues this summer. (The 72)

not a fan

Not a chance we are interested, he is terrible.

8 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

not a fan

Ffs 

• Like 1

No chance we bid 2 million for Dean. Might have asked to take him on loan for a stop gap until the end of the season though. edit: misread it. Thought it said we had bid 2 mil.

14 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Well and truly 2nd choice there, looking at the appearances. Could be tempted maybe? 🤔 

They got him on a free so might be tempted to make some money off him. Unless of course they are looking to sell their highly rated forst choice and have Ryan take over. Good shout though.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Will said:

Not a chance we are interested, he is terrible.

Well there’s a chance we are interested then if he is terrible. Typical Boro. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Bringing Gibson back and selling Fry to do it doesn't make any sense we'd still be short of CB's

I don't think we'd be selling Fry so we could buy Gibson, it would be if we got an offer we couldn't refuse for Fry and we'd still be looking at bringing in a LCB. Of course I'd prefer to keep Fry but wouldn't be unhappy if we could get 3 defenders in if we sold. 

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?