oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Swift seemed to be mentioned loads until about the end of the January window. Haven’t noticed him being mentioned as much since then.  Did he get an injury or did his form dip or did I just not notice him

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Swift seemed to be mentioned loads until about the end of the January window. Haven’t noticed him being mentioned as much since then.  Did he get an injury or did his form dip or did I just not notice him

Injuries.

Reading had loads at the end of the season.

Swift missed 7 of the last 11 games.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Or right. But if 18 months later they now want to spend £5m on him I would be asking questions.

I think you can rest easy on that front. Nobody is paying £5m for Ross Stewart. Nor us or nor anyone else I imagine.

Watford have released Andre Gray.

Turns 31 next month but managed to score 10 in 28 for QPR which is a pretty good return. 

I cant recall if he been suffering from injury problems last few years. He seemed to spend a lot of time on bench for QPR.

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Turns 31 next month but managed to score 10 in 28 for QPR which is a pretty good return. 

I cant recall if he been suffering from injury problems last few years. He seemed to spend a lot of time on bench for QPR.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
54 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

He'll want to stay close to London. 

19 hours ago, RiversideRed said:

Michael Cooper (Plymouth)

Aged 22, would be available for under £1m. Fantastic season in League One with 18 clean sheets in 46 league games. 100+ professional appearances. Young, hungry and good with both the ball at his feet and distribution.

19 hours ago, RiversideRed said:

There's others too, but these are probably some of the most realistic.

Hate to be a party pooper but there is absolutely no way that we get Coops for under £1m. Argyle don't need to sell and rumoured that they have turned down £7.5m from Norwich. 

I have said time and time again that Coops should be our primary target for GK. He is ridiculously talented and young. If we can structure a deal - maybe chuck in Coburn and/or Payero on loan, then we should be doing it.

I actually bumped into Cooper last Saturday. He was handing out trophies at a youth football tournament in Plymouth that I was coaching in. I did slyly and cheekily drop in that he should move to Boro when I was speaking to him and he grinned, let out a little laugh, and then shrugged his shoulders.

Claiming that as a Cornish exclusive...

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, cornishboroboy said:

Hate to be a party pooper but there is absolutely no way that we get Coops for under £1m. Argyle don't need to sell and rumoured that they have turned down £7.5m from Norwich. 

I have said time and time again that Coops should be our primary target for GK. He is ridiculously talented and young. If we can structure a deal - maybe chuck in Coburn and/or Payero on loan, then we should be doing it.

I actually bumped into Cooper last Saturday. He was handing out trophies at a youth football tournament in Plymouth that I was coaching in. I did slyly and cheekily drop in that he should move to Boro when I was speaking to him and he grinned, let out a little laugh, and then shrugged his shoulders.

Claiming that as a Cornish exclusive...

Chuck payero in on loan to a league 1 team and turned down 7.5m for a keeper in league 1, I’ll have whatever you’ve had for breakfast please 😂

14 hours ago, p_mards said:

The way some react negatively to us being linked with some players that aren't exciting names, you'd think we were in the Premier League and not the reality of us being a Championship side in the very early stages of a long-term rebuild that has to be done a sensible budget. Wilder's 2018/19 promotion winning Sheffield United team didn't have any particularly exciting names and or big fees spent, yet they were an incredibly high performing team, so I see them as a decent template for us to expect as we build our team in line with our long-term strategy.

yeah way I normally see it to go up you need to be one of two teams, one is the dominant side , usually charactisitc of that is massive investment from parachute payments, keeping existing premier league talent from relegation and/or sudden big investment and over spending successfully to get up.

Then the other teams that do well and are usually the suprise elements that don't really have that many unbelievable stand out players or many if any big name transfers in on paper but play great as a team all together and think thats realisticly the only way we will get back up there again

13 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Hmmm, that puts a spanner in the works.

think that may be a factor that's going to add to us struggling to get a great first choice keeper in who a out and out number 1, that if they happy never playing and can get premier league 2nd/3rd choice roles with juicy wage and decent length contract then they probably take that choice. Like I wonder how much wages we would give Darlow, and think he going on be on 10k to double what we would pay him to be our number 1. Him being 31 he probably values money and contract years more than game time. Just look at how many of our recent keepers we had as 1st or 2nd choice then they move onto the top end of the premier league as number 2/3 and when you look up their speculated wages they on 35/40k a week to basically train each week along with the chance to pick up medals when your team wins trophies for you lol

We probs end up with Ken Barlow in goal instead lol, which I think would be an improvement still

Edited by Rob
28 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Chuck payero in on loan to a league 1 team and turned down 7.5m for a keeper in league 1, I’ll have whatever you’ve had for breakfast please 😂

I didn't set the price bud. Just passing on what I have heard and seen through text conversation screenshots.

But I've bookmarked this just in case .  😉

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?