Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - If You're Happy & You Mowatt


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 27.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

Larsen medical done today and trained with first team.  Announcement next few days , potentially tomorrow

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm curious to see if anything is announced tomorrow as wilder made it seem like the S*** will hit the fan tomorrow 

Think most of it will be internal I would imagine. Retained list will likely be released, but there won’t be anything shocking on there

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If he ended up at Spurs who play a wing back system then would Joe Rodon the ex Swansea CB be an option? Not played much since his £12m move there.

 It is a question rather than a suggestion by me as I am not sure if he is left footed? If he left footed it could be a decent loan our way (plus £15m please) along with some add ons. Thanks

I believe he's right footed but imo a cut above what we currently have. If he was available I'd play him in the middle of a three ahead of Dael. That being said I have no idea whether he'd even be allowed to leave but its definitely along the lines of my school of thought. Obviously not sure how concrete their interest is but I saw Man Utd mentioned as an interested party and I'd definitely take Ethan Laird or James Garner if they were available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kentucky said:

McCarthy from Southampton and Danny Welbeck  Brighton  would be nice additions.

As decent a footballer as welbeck is, he can't hack one game a week in the premier league. He'd have no chance playing two games a week in the championship. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm curious to see if anything is announced tomorrow as wilder made it seem like the S*** will hit the fan tomorrow 

I'm more than a bit concerned if the brown stuff does actually hit the fan, it's the last thing I'd expect from a true Leader. Whilst it may provide great personal satisfaction from Wilder's perspective it's hardly the way to build trust and belief from his remaining troops. Let's wait and see what transpires, I have no problem with selling a few to generate funds but the manner of people departing should be handled with professionalism and not vindictiveness regardless of personal opinion on his part.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JTG said:

I believe he's right footed but imo a cut above what we currently have. If he was available I'd play him in the middle of a three ahead of Dael. That being said I have no idea whether he'd even be allowed to leave but its definitely along the lines of my school of thought. Obviously not sure how concrete their interest is but I saw Man Utd mentioned as an interested party and I'd definitely take Ethan Laird or James Garner if they were available.

Ethan Laird is my 1st choice RWB to provide Jones with the competition he needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

As decent a footballer as welbeck is, he can't hack one game a week in the premier league. He'd have no chance playing two games a week in the championship. 

And plus Brighton want to keep him

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the "model" was supposed to be Scott finding and then the club developing young or unheard off talent to make money while the team improves and develops steadily rather than filling the squad with loans? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Ethan Laird is my 1st choice RWB to provide Jones with the competition he needs.

He was outstanding for Swansea first half of the season. Possibly a mistake on his part and on the part of Man Utd to cut that loan short and spend the second half of the season at Bournemouth as he didn't feature much. Personally I think he'd be a great addition and I'd be happy to see him and Jones battle it out.

We definitely need another RWB because Jones has lost steam towards the end of the season, which is understandable given it's his first season of 2nd tier football, but we've had nobody who can really come in for him and give him a rest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I thought the "model" was supposed to be Scott finding and then the club developing young or unheard off talent to make money while the team improves and develops steadily rather than filling the squad with loans? 

You can't fill a squad with loans but if we want to get promoted next year, should we really be too concerned if we do what every club does and tries to make use of the loan market?

There's a balance to be had but I would prefer if we're investing in loan deals that they were for the first team and not the equivalent of what development players usually are in a squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

You can't fill a squad with loans but if we want to get promoted next year, should we really be too concerned if we do what every club does and tries to make use of the loan market?

There's a balance to be had but I would prefer if we're investing in loan deals that they were for the first team and not the equivalent of what development players usually are in a squad.

Agree with the above, I understand the concern regarding overloading your squad with loans but it's about striking the right balance and bringing in the right players. There's been some excellent loans in the championship this season.

Morgan Gibbs-White, Levi Colwill, Ryan Giles, James Garner, Philip Zinckernagel, Cameron Archer, Keinan Davis.

And let's not forget our very own Djed Spence.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When we inevitably use the loan market I want it to be on players that will strengthen us, established players that maybe aren't getting game time. Ramirez is the obvious one that stands out in recent history, Bamford another. 

No more unknown youth team projects please. Connolly has put me off them for life.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Im a bit late to the party here but i see why people are talking about Scott Twine.Very impressive v Wycombe so far.Full of energy,running & takes a mean free kick. Scores for fun as well.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Im a bit late to the party here but i see why people are talking about Scott Twine.Very impressive v Wycombe so far.Full of energy,running & takes a mean free kick. Scores for fun as well.

 

Not just Twine, Theo Corbeanu their right midfielder is outstanding. Runs at his man every time he gets the ball

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - If You're Happy & You Mowatt
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - Hoppe and awayyyy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...