Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - If You're Happy & You Mowatt


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Not just Twine, Theo Corbeanu their right midfielder is outstanding. Runs at his man every time he gets the ball

Believe he's a Wolves loanee. Looks very dangerous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 27.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Im a bit late to the party here but i see why people are talking about Scott Twine.Very impressive v Wycombe so far.Full of energy,running & takes a mean free kick. Scores for fun as well.

 

I'd love us to sign Twine. Like you said, he looks like a proper Wilder midfielder and someone who can actually take a set piece. Their fans were up in arms with the quoted 3m price tag. That being said I imagine he'll have no shortage of suitors this summer.

It could well be in our best interests if Wycombe knock them out of the play offs as they will be in a much better position to either keep a hold of him or command a higher fee if they go up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm curious to see if anything is announced tomorrow as wilder made it seem like the S*** will hit the fan tomorrow 

I doubt anything will be announced tomorrow.  I'm surprised the Yorkshire Post article hasn't been linked on here cos it appears to give some clues as to Wilder's thinking for the summer ahead:

 

“On Monday, it will be face-to-face meetings with the players, no emails or phone calls. It will be man-to-man, face-to-face, thanks very much.

“There will be some stern conversations with boys that do stay that we need to get more out of as well. There are certainly some that have got talent, but in a way are under-performing.

“The likes of (Paddy) McNair and (Isaiah) Jones, who on the face of it have had good seasons, there is loads more to come from them. There is loads more to come from Dael Fry.

“There are players like Riley McGree, who has shown his ability in glimpses, but I need to get more out of him. Tav (Marcus Tavernier) has had a decent season, but I need to get more.

“But there are boys who aren’t on the (next) journey and that’s part and parcel of this ruthless game that we’re in. Sentiment and loyalty goes out the window because the job is to bring back success to this football club.”

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTG said:

I think as evidenced by the quick January departure of Uche, he's after four strikers who are all in a similar mould so that he can make like for like changes in the game without it being to the detriment of his philosophy. That's not a criticism, just an observation. I accept that he wants a mobile front line, but I do think we need to match that up with somewhat of a physical presence. Our forwards have been bullied far too easily this season. Hopefully we can find someone who can play the pressing game but also stand their ground and hold the ball up when needed.

This was very evident yesterday. Ok he might not have been the answer but was watching us get battered by their centre backs and actually found myself thinking ‘could have done with Uche on holding the ball up’

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I doubt anything will be announced tomorrow.  I'm surprised the Yorkshire Post article hasn't been linked on here cos it appears to give some clues as to Wilder's thinking for the summer ahead:

 

“On Monday, it will be face-to-face meetings with the players, no emails or phone calls. It will be man-to-man, face-to-face, thanks very much.

“There will be some stern conversations with boys that do stay that we need to get more out of as well. There are certainly some that have got talent, but in a way are under-performing.

“The likes of (Paddy) McNair and (Isaiah) Jones, who on the face of it have had good seasons, there is loads more to come from them. There is loads more to come from Dael Fry.

“There are players like Riley McGree, who has shown his ability in glimpses, but I need to get more out of him. Tav (Marcus Tavernier) has had a decent season, but I need to get more.

“But there are boys who aren’t on the (next) journey and that’s part and parcel of this ruthless game that we’re in. Sentiment and loyalty goes out the window because the job is to bring back success to this football club.”

Interesting. Obviously implies that McNair, Jones, Fry, McGree, and Tav are not being actively pushed out. He's already talked about our intention to offer Jonny a new contract. 

I can't see us showing Dijksteel the door as he seems to fit the system well and has taken to the RCB overlapping role. Even if the intention is to bring in a left footer and move Paddy to the right next season he's still a great squad player to keep. I don't imagine we'd get a massive fee for Dunc and he's a good impact player with the right attitude who grafts for the team so I can't see him being moved on.

That only really leaves Crooks that would be a major surprise unless I'm missing anyone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

I really don’t understand why balogun was dropped when he was just starting to hit form. It was an absolutely bizarre decision to me personally 

Same can be said of Sporar and Watmore. Dropped for loan players to get up to speed

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JTG said:

Interesting. Obviously implies that McNair, Jones, Fry, McGree, and Tav are not being actively pushed out. He's already talked about our intention to offer Jonny a new contract. 

I can't see us showing Dijksteel the door as he seems to fit the system well and has taken to the RCB overlapping role. Even if the intention is to bring in a left footer and move Paddy to the right next season he's still a great squad player to keep. I don't imagine we'd get a massive fee for Dunc and he's a good impact player with the right attitude who grafts for the team so I can't see him being moved on.

That only really leaves Crooks that would be a major surprise unless I'm missing anyone?

Didn’t someone claim Watmore was off in the summer a while back?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, JTG said:

Interesting. Obviously implies that McNair, Jones, Fry, McGree, and Tav are not being actively pushed out. He's already talked about our intention to offer Jonny a new contract. 

I can't see us showing Dijksteel the door as he seems to fit the system well and has taken to the RCB overlapping role. Even if the intention is to bring in a left footer and move Paddy to the right next season he's still a great squad player to keep. I don't imagine we'd get a massive fee for Dunc and he's a good impact player with the right attitude who grafts for the team so I can't see him being moved on.

That only really leaves Crooks that would be a major surprise unless I'm missing anyone?

Diksteel, Crooks, Bola, Payero, Watmore, both goalkeepers I guess.  I don't know how many would really be surprising, mind 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Diksteel, Crooks, Bola, Payero, both goalkeepers I guess.  I don't know how many would really be surprising, mind.

I'd be more shocked if we didn't get rid of both keepers

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Riverside94 said:

Didn’t someone claim Watmore was off in the summer a while back?

Not sure. Don't see what the upside would be for us as l don't think we'd get much for him and I doubt he's on massive wages. Unless of course he was pushing for it himself to get more game time. I'd keep a hold of him. Not the most clinical finisher by any stretch of the imagination but like I said he has the right attitude and he runs himself into the ground every game. He reminds me in a way of David Nugent for us as he sets the tone with the way he presses the back line and doesn't give the defenders a second.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Diksteel, Crooks, Bola, Payero, Watmore, both goalkeepers I guess.  I don't know how many would really be surprising, mind 🤷‍♂️

Good point about Payero, forgot about him. Bola wouldn't really surprise me tbh. Not a terrible player but doesn't suit the wing back system and is better in a back 4 imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JTG said:

Not sure. Don't see what the upside would be for us as l don't think we'd get much for him and I doubt he's on massive wages. Unless of course he was pushing for it himself to get more game time. I'd keep a hold of him. Not the most clinical finisher by any stretch of the imagination but like I said he has the right attitude and he runs himself into the ground every game. He reminds me in a way of David Nugent for us as he sets the tone with the way he presses the back line and doesn't give the defenders a second.

Perhaps but if you think about Wilder's words in terms of some players being picked because he didn't have a choice.  Then think about the fact that we brought in two strikers in January who were clearly intended to replace Watmore/Sporar in the side then maybe Wilder is thinking about it like that.  Would seem an odd one if it was though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - If You're Happy & You Mowatt
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - Hoppe and awayyyy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...