oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Question 

Of all the players that got promoted with us under Karanka .. How many of them were good enough for the PL? 

Gibson and ....? 

De Pena or Agazzi for me

38 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Question 

Of all the players that got promoted with us under Karanka .. How many of them were good enough for the PL? 

Gibson and ....? 

De Roon 

Ramirez 

Negredo - he was clinical with the chances we created 

6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

De Roon 

Ramirez 

Negredo - he was clinical with the chances we created 

I was a big fan of Negredo. Thought he had everything you would want in a striker. The negative tactics we deployed in oir PL season really stopped him showing his true worth.

Still scored 9 goals and with a bit more of a ambitious approach to games I reckon he wid have got 15

• Like 1

From Sky Sports:

Middlesbrough head of football Kieran Scott and Brentford head of recruitment Lee Dykes are two names under consideration for a permanent recruitment role working with John Murtough at Manchester United.

Scott was considerably influential in building Norwich City’s squads for promotion to the Premier League in 2019 and again in 2021 as their head of recruitment.

He moved to Middlesbrough in August last year to take charge of the technical side of the club, and is currently putting together a promotion-chasing squad with Boro boss Chris Wilder.

Dykes, meanwhile, has been equally as instrumental in Brentford’s successful recruitment strategy since joining from Bury in 2019.

Dykes has helped sporting director Phil Giles build the team promoted to the Premier League under Thomas Frank in 2021 and then achieve a 13th-place finish in their first season.

Both men are highly-regarded in the player recruitment industry for their work.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1
17 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

From Sky Sports:

Middlesbrough head of football Kieran Scott and Brentford head of recruitment Lee Dykes are two names under consideration for a permanent recruitment role working with John Murtough at Manchester United.

Scott was considerably influential in building Norwich City’s squads for promotion to the Premier League in 2019 and again in 2021 as their head of recruitment.

He moved to Middlesbrough in August last year to take charge of the technical side of the club, and is currently putting together a promotion-chasing squad with Boro boss Chris Wilder.

Dykes, meanwhile, has been equally as instrumental in Brentford’s successful recruitment strategy since joining from Bury in 2019.

Dykes has helped sporting director Phil Giles build the team promoted to the Premier League under Thomas Frank in 2021 and then achieve a 13th-place finish in their first season.

Both men are highly-regarded in the player recruitment industry for their work.

Bugger! 😡

Man Ure can obviously offer more money. Boro just have to hope the actual role is less attractive in terms of responsibilities / decision making.

Well we did sign a goalkeeper coach last week from Man United because he wasn't give enough responsibility at Man United just in the youth set up. I mean Scott at Man United won't really be in full control like he is here so that will probaly appeal to him to remain here. The reason Scott left Norwich was so he could be the main man as he felt constrained by webber 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Bugger! 😡

Man Ure can obviously offer more money. Boro just have to hope the actual role is less attractive in terms of responsibilities / decision making.

That's what Scott said he wanted to move onto when he came here, it's why he left Norwich to begin with.

I'd be incredibly sceptical of how much control of recruitment you'd get at United, too. It's the same club it has been for years. Of course, there has to be a start to move away from that and someone like Scott could help.

So long as Scott is actually having the influence he was hoping he would behind the scenes at Boro, I'm not too concerned right now. If he's being in any way held back by Gibson, Bausor or Wilder, then he's got no reason to stick around.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'd be incredibly sceptical of how much control of recruitment you'd get at United, too. It's the same club it has been for years. Of course, there has to be a start to move away from that and someone like Scott could help.

He’d be daft to join Utd imo. Obviously a huge historical club but they’re an absolute nightmare behind the scenes. He’d be hamstrung by the glazers and threw under the bus when things inevitably don’t work out.

It also sounds like they’re looking for somebody solely on the recruitment side of things and there’s no way he’d get anywhere near the same level of input as he has had here. His role here sounds quite a bit more involved as he was instrumental in us moving for Wilder, negotiating deals etc.

• Like 1

Not a chance United dip into the championship and offer Scott a senior role with the same responsibility he has now. It’s going to be lead scout or something like that. And on paper that Dykes fella from Brentford looks like a much stronger candidate for a big club. 

• Like 1

I'm not sold at all on McGoldrick. As @Changing Times said, I expected us to have a bit more long-termism with Scott in place and the new model. 

But having said that, we need to bring in a fair number of players this summer, so if we get in 5/6 permanent, young, long term signings, having the odd freebie old timer in there to balance it out isn't the end of the world, especially if it allows Coburn to go and get games somewhere, as others have said. Would like to see him go to League 1 and really challenge himself.

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?