oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

22 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

Rather have Payero in midfield than Paddy. He is rubbish there. Pretty crap at the back as well. I would punt him as he would be no loss.

I agree apart from penaltys not sure what Mcnair offers he is abit average at CB and is worse in Midfield. He is one of the first I would sell if there had to be sales 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Part of why I'm not happy with McGoldrick is IF we got him, Gayle and Armstrong in none of them are likely to be here next season and we'll be in the same position with our forwards next summer we're supposed to be looking at long term planning as a club but getting those three in on their wages for 1 season is not great business. 

I'd rather we sign players under 30 and to long term contracts where possible not a massive fan of putting most of the budget on these short term dice rolls. 

Understand that line of thinking, but on the flipside if we were promoted to the prem we'd ideally want better strikers than we're able to attract now. Bringing those 3 in would mean we wouldn't have Championship level strikers needing shifted on if we were promoted next summer, or put us in a tricky spot if we cock it up, miss out and need to mind FFP for the next couple seasons. Good way to gamble without getting stranded with another Fletcher/Britt situation.

• Like 3

I don't think Payero engages enough in midfield for Wilder. He does well shadowing the opposition and tracking their movement, but if you watch him, most of the time he allows the opposition to pass it off without engaging

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Foogle said:

I mean we're just looking to bring in good footballers it seems, ball playing Centre backs, strikers who can link play. It's hardly like we're getting a bunch of Pulis plodders who will struggle to adapt to another forward thinking manager? Which I think is the point of the direction we're going. 

It depends on who we get tho. I doubt we can think for the next 10 years we should play with wingbacks. For instance dijksteel wouldn't be as good in 2 man cb partnership. I'd imagine after wilder we may want to change that. Also then a type of cm wilder wants might not be as suitable or effective in a 2. Wilder plays a very specific system and wants players with specific qualities to play in it. If we are being cautious with spending on certain positions but still getting good quality players while we are in this league I'm happy with that. You only need to look at Sheff Utd under Jokanovic and then what happened when they reverted back to the wilder shape under Heckingbottom to see how players struggle to adapt to a new style when they don't suit it. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I’ve been told Darlow could be confirmed as early as Monday.

You've been quiet for ITK information this window. Good to see you back with transfer news. Spot on with McGree weeks before anyone else in January. Is Darlow a permanent? If so, any idea on the expected fee?

5 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Makes sense that Darlow is more likely to be on the move with Pope now confirmed at Newcastle.

3 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

You've been quiet for ITK information this window. Good to see you back with transfer news. Spot on with McGree weeks before anyone else in January. Is Darlow a permanent? If so, any idea on the expected fee?

I haven’t had a lot. My source has been quiet since he met a new lass and he’s spending every spare minute with her and her lad Mungo. Nothing more on Darlow only that announced soon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 24

Darlow would be a very good keeper at this level. Very happy if this one works out. 

Darlow with Roberts to challenge is a God send compared to last term.

Edited by Snowblind
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Darlow would be a very good keeper at this level. Very happy if this one works out. 

Darlow with Roberts to challenge is a God sent compared to last term.

Hear hear

41 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Loan or a transfer? Would like it if we attempted to solve the issue for the foreseeable.

I like the idea of Roberts but can't exactly say I'm an avid follower of league 2 so other than Northampton fans giving in glowing reviews I'd have to wait and see. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?