oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, Will said:

Was he? He underperformed his xG against whilst there and conceded more than 2 goals per game on average. After he left his team continued to concede roughly the same amount of goals per game (actually slight fewer but we'll call that noise), so I'm a bit puzzled what it is that he was rated for?

Playing for Man City? 🙃

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He's been back up for 2 years, the season before that he was out on loan.  They also had Scott Carson available to them as well.  It could be that they still rate him highly but want him out on loan getting some football or it could be that after two seasons there Guardiola has seen enough and wants a replacement.

Or in wc year they've allowed him to go out on loan for game time and to further develop.

• Like 1
Just now, sambaDTR said:

Maybe it is the other way round? Maybe he told Pep that, in World Cup year and with Arsenal buying his rival, that he wants to leave to get more games? Hence Man City had to get in a replacement before letting him go out on loan? Let’s hope this is the case as he will want to prove he is USA’s best goalkeeper next season with us. 👍

His rival isn't going to get any more game time at Arsenal than he is going to get with Man City but I get your basic point that he might want a bit more football.  Hasn't seemed to bother him the last couple of years of course but a World Cup is a World Cup 👍

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Only thing I’ve heard this summer is that Gyokeres is very close but that was a week ago.  Also Spence to spurs a fee was finally agreed but boro are trying to get some large add ons, may well be a load of rubbish but the person who told me was right about the white and gold away kit in 07/08 so I’d say it’s nailed on.

it was blue and black...

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

It’s not about the clubs that went up, it’s all about what system a club wants to play.  Like it or not GK these days are expected to do more than just be a large unit in goal.

you mention Real Madrid?  Your point is?  Liverpool and Man City both want their keepers to play from the back, maybe that’s what Wilder wants.  Saving goals is important but I’m telling you now U10 girls scouts even look for how a player is with the ball at their feet.  I’ve seen it with my own eyes chap.

Well that's great but I have my opinion and I'm fairly certain we are better off in the championship with a goalkeeper who is a good goalkeeper. At the end of the day if a keeper is a solid gk and can spray the ball around the pitch he's more than likely not going to play at this level. 

My point is that Real Madrid won the champions league final because they had a gk that kept the ball out of the net at key moments not because he was knocking the ball around the pitch. Liverpools was found wanting. We will keep more goals out of our net having a good gk who is solid and makes few mistakes than we will score at the other end with someone who can pick the odd pass out a few times a game. 

The fact anyone thinks you can just teach someone how to 'make saves' and be a good gk is a crock of ***. It's like saying well take the fastest runners in the area and offer them all academy contracts and just teach them how to be good strikers. You would end up with alot of *** strikers. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Well that's great but I have my opinion and I'm fairly certain we are better off in the championship with a goalkeeper who is a good goalkeeper. At the end of the day if a keeper is a solid gk and can spray the ball around the pitch he's more than likely not going to play at this level. 

My point is that Real Madrid won the champions league final because they had a gk that kept the ball out of the net at key moments not because he was knocking the ball around the pitch. Liverpools was found wanting. We will keep more goals out of our net having a good gk who is solid and makes few mistakes than we will score at the other end with someone who can pick the odd pass out a few times a game. 

The fact anyone thinks you can just teach someone how to 'make saves' and be a good gk is a crock of ***. It's like saying well take the fastest runners in the area and offer them all academy contracts and just teach them how to be good strikers. You would end up with alot of *** strikers. 

The season he was on loan in Bundesliga Steffen made an incredible amount of saves and was getting good reviews. He’s a good all round keeper 

12 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

What if going for Steffen on loan rather than Darlow for £6million allows us to get someone like Gyökeres without needing the money for Spence right now..

Cov want 10 for gyokeres and I imagine they will hold for it unless he puts in a transfer request

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?