oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, Changing Times said:

See, something like that raises my comfort level with the signing, cos it suggests that they aren't looking to offload him, or at least if they are they believe he'd be worth more after his loan spell with us.  It doesn't tell me any more about him as a player but it's a bit of insight into what Man City think of him.  So that gets a little green tick in my mind ✔️

like this one 😉

• Haha 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Just imagine what we could do with £20m. Genuinely think we are a couple of signings away from building a really strong team. 

We could  buy 1.3333333* Assombalongas with that cash!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
7 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Haha spot on. Last year the gripe was how ineffectively we had made use of the loan market. This years gripe is why we using the loan market at all. You cant make it up sometimes on here.

I think it's more about overusing the loan market than using it at all.

I'm sure Forest fans are delighted with how it has worked out for them.  However they now have a load of holes to fill in a squad, and every player they attempt to sign they will have to spend more on them, and give them larger contracts than they would have this time last season.  When they are relegated at the end of this coming season they will be stuck with players on larger contracts than they'd ideally like who have spent a year getting beaten week in week out, and that will lead to it's own problems just as it did when we tried a similar thing a few years back - and this is when the plan works out.  If the plan doesn't work out, you're still a Championship club and you have to find another half a dozen players just to stand still.  It's also worth remembering that lots of clubs loaned players, including us, and didn't get promotion, leading to them needing to find replacements, which is precisely what we've been talking about on here for months now.

• Like 1

If they £1m short can we not just meet half way. They go up by 500k and we come down by 500k. 

I mean if we want £15m plus add ons I think we can all live with £14.5m plus add ons.

These businessmen just need someone like beside them, telling them how to operate.

I

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Nothing new from me. 

Spence still going to Spurs and we’re spending some on Gyokeres and getting Gayle. 

If we sign them 2 and Steffen we are gonna be very strong.

7 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

FWIW even Mark Schwarzer used to punch the ball rather than catch it, quite a lot actually.

Nah he used to catch it a lot, certainly earlier in his career with us.  It was one of the most notable things about him coming into the team when he joined us cos we immediately looked a bit more secure when the ball went into our own box.  I think there was a shift in coaching, maybe brought in from the continent, that lead to goalkeepers punching the ball more in the belief that it was less risky than trying to catch it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

If they £1m short can we not just meet half way. They go up by 500k and we come down by 500k. 

I mean if we want £15m plus add ons I think we can all live with £14.5m plus add ons.

These businessmen just need someone like beside them, telling them how to operate.

I

If they're £1m short then Levy can just dip his hand a bit deeper in his profit, I really don't see why we should be giving a discount to a top 6 team.

• Like 4
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?