oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 hours ago, DocMartin said:

I’d take Karius over Steffen any day of the week. Iversen is the man we really need though, but Karius would do.

I find it utterly bizarre that you wrote a big post about Steffen having a mare against Liverpool and wouldn’t want him but you would take Karius who was so bad he’s barely played meaningful football in years.

Schrodingers goalkeeper indeed. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Lord_Moose said:

I find it utterly bizarre that you wrote a big post about Steffen having a mare against Liverpool and wouldn’t want him but you would take Karius who was so bad he’s barely played meaningful football in years.

Schrodingers goalkeeper indeed. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Mainly because Steffen is worse mate, you will see. How often you seen him? So much carp talked on here from people i doubt seen him much. You also ignore my Iversen comment 🤷‍♂️

Edited by DocMartin

Doesn't sound like we're imminently close to any strikers, unless Wilder is just holding his cards very close to his chest.

If that's the case, it's slightly concerning for preparation, though there's obviously still a long time left in the window and it might well still be reliant on the Spence money for our main targets.

Edited by TeaCider24
8 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Can see us using Spence money to pay a fee for Gyokores and maybe Gibson.. rest spent on loan wages for Gayle, Etc and out of contract players

Yeah agree with the forwards Lcb is up in the air, I fancy Gibson to come back but reckon we have a few targets that not been mentioned, we havnt been linked with any overseas players yet have we, there's normally some complete random name that pops up and is normally true

20 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Can see us using Spence money to pay a fee for Gyokores and maybe Gibson.. rest spent on loan wages for Gayle, Etc and out of contract players

Can see us having Spence with us at the start of the season beng available to play for Boro hard choices to be made with the lad as I do not think he will want to play for us.

As for Ben Gibson too much outlay to get him here, monies more useful obtaining others services, in my opinion

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Obsession with Ben Gibson on this board is frightening. There is Better value for money out there. 

There's a difference between WANTING him and thinking its quite likely we will be SIGNING him! Its clear BG wants to come back North and given how much SG interfered in past, its a reasonable assumption that he could do it again for his nephew.

Pretty sure Wilder wont stand for being told what to do generally, but this could just be an exception.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

There's a difference between WANTING him and thinking its quite likely we will be SIGNING him! Its clear BG wants to come back North and given how much SG interfered in past, its a reasonable assumption that he could do it again for his nephew.

Pretty sure Wilder wont stand for being told what to do generally, but this could just be an exception.

Lots of fans want him too. For me he isn’t suited to the way we play. People need to forget about him

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Crackers said:

I’ve been told that boro and Coventry do have an agreement for Gyokeres but the player is waiting for a potential premier league move, Spence to spurs is 99.9 percent done. A bit of movement this week. Not heard a thing about steffen. 

I like Gyokeres a lot but I think he'll be waiting a while for that. Out of all the top performing championship strikers I think hes the least likely to get prem interest.

I know we've been interested in the Hull lad Greaves, i noticed people guessing pretty high fees for him a few pages back. Is he actually that good? He is a ball playing cb? Was pretty shocked when people were touting 5-8 million fees.

2 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I like Gyokeres a lot but I think he'll be waiting a while for that. Out of all the top performing championship strikers I think hes the least likely to get prem interest.

I know we've been interested in the Hull lad Greaves, i noticed people guessing pretty high fees for him a few pages back. Is he actually that good? He is a ball playing cb? Was pretty shocked when people were touting 5-8 million fees.

Last year of his contract no way he goes for more than 4m

32 minutes ago, Crackers said:

I’ve been told that boro and Coventry do have an agreement for Gyokeres but the player is waiting for a potential premier league move, Spence to spurs is 99.9 percent done. A bit of movement this week. Not heard a thing about steffen. 

When you say “a potential premier league move”, do you mean he has actual interest from a Pl club and is waiting to see if that pans out, or that there isn’t any PL club in for him at moment but he is waiting to see if his agent can drum up any interest? 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?