Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - If You're Happy & You Mowatt


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, JTG said:

Pretty sure he said he’s going to the MLS when he leaves Watford.

Well at least they like that sort of thing in the States. I'm sure he'll go down a storm there. 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 27.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

definitely agree with his sloppiness, although I don't think i've seen much of what I'd call showboating from him tbh - more just terribly weighted passes. His yellow cards are awful though, probably cost us the playoffs.

It's true to say that we have got worse PPG without Crooks in the team than we have with him in it, more-so even under Wilder I think.

But it's not by a huge amount and with such a small sample size so widespread throughout the season... it's not like the team was reliant on him to pick up points basically.

I'm also not sure we can really point the finger at an otherwise ever-present, top-scoring midfielder at being the reason we lost out on the playoffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JTG said:

Pretty sure he said he’s going to the MLS when he leaves Watford.

Everybody's goooone cyyyycliiiing

Cycling U.S.AAAAAAA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, "KM" said:

Both were really solid when selected apart from Bamba v Huddersfield when were rubbish as a team anyway. Bamba’s performance v Bournemouth (A) was heroic. 

What were you expecting it was his second game in 48hrs or something daft like that. He's 37 and shouldn't be played like that. I blame wilder for that performance more than Bamba he looked really leggy after good performance against bmuff

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, "KM" said:

Ben Foster is leaving Watford. 

He's said when he leaves Watford he wants to do a year in the MLS then turn out for Hashtag United in non league, no joke.

Akinfenwa has also talked about playing for Hashtag too after retiring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He's said when he leaves Watford he wants to do a year in the MLS then turn out for Hashtag United in non league, no joke.

Akinfenwa has also talked about playing for Hashtag too after retiring.

#div

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's true to say that we have got worse PPG without Crooks in the team than we have with him in it, more-so even under Wilder I think.But it's not by a huge amount and with such a small sample size so widespread throughout the season... it's not like the team was reliant on him to pick up points basically.I'm also not sure we can really point the finger at an otherwise ever-present, top-scoring midfielder at being the reason we lost out on the playoffs.

can and can't - obviously he's not solely to blame at all, far from it. The fact remains though, that he was one of our most effective players this season and his disciplinary record cost us at the most crucial time, so he's not blameless in that.

Either way, I didn't fancy our chances of winning the playoffs, and hopefully the slower build of another Championship season will be better for us long term. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

What were you expecting it was his second game in 48hrs or something daft like that. He's 37 and shouldn't be played like that. I blame wilder for that performance more than Bamba he looked really leggy after good performance against bmuff

I blame both the transfer windows under both managers for it. I said all along that bamba couldn't playe 3 games in a week so wasnt a smart acquisition to make unless we signed another CB who we knew could play week in week out should we get a bad injury. We didn't, we did and bamba tried but he wasn't up to it. 

I like him, and I think he had a couple of excellent games for us, but I still don't think it was a good signing in the context of the squad. Not his fault, but still another sign of our failure in the transfer market last 2 windows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Gibson is easily a top 5 CB in the championship when they come back down, just like darlow is a top 5 keeper.

You make a lot of sense here but I'd still like to be the first person to coin 'Ken Barlow' for when he starts dropping clangers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

 

Here's the video we shouldn't show to people we're trying to sell Lumley to 😂 

Gun to your head, you need to pick Bettinelli or Lumley for the 1st choice keeper next season. Who do you choose?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would like to see us make a move for Kane Wilson.  Just got promoted with Forest Green. Young wing back, plenty of assists and a constant threat. Free agent aswell. Be nice competition for Jones

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - If You're Happy & You Mowatt
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - Hoppe and awayyyy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...