oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

I've just noticed that Ciaron Brown from Cardiff still hasn't signed a new contract, after spending the second half of the season playing regularly for Oxford United, and is expected to leave on a free transfer. We were heavily linked with him last summer when Warnock was here. He's a left-footer and is a good mix between mobile and physical so looks well suited being our back-up LCB. We're ideally going to want to sign two LCB's so if we can get him as back-up to a more establish LCB like Pederson from Birmingham then that would make a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, bmt said:

IMO a defensive midfielder is up there with what we need next season. A natural successor from Howson, all be it a more natural leader in that position would be great.

Louis Reed at Swindon would be worth a look for that role.

1 hour ago, tmcc said:

yeh, kinda of agree with the McNair view, I think hes good and his natural ability on the ball makes him a good ball playing centre back. But, do think hes not the best defensively and i dont think he looks very good when pushed into the midfield (Which is ment to be his natural position).

If a club came in and offered somthing north of 10 million, i would probably take it.

Anywhere near 10 and I'd sell could get a replacement for him and a left sided cb with that, he's a no go in midfield for me offers very little going forward and a bang average dcm

People need to be realistic with the fees. We ain't going to get close to £10m for McNair let alone north of £10m.

We'd probably be looking at £6m-£7m tops and even that's being ambitious as it would have to come from a Prem team or one of the recently relegated teams with the parachute payments available to them.

It's a shame that both McNair and Dijksteel are fighting for the same spot. 

Lenihan would be a great pickup if possible. Would probably go for several million if he was under contract. 'Ard B@stard but also quite a cultured player who suited Mowbrays possession-based play style, so may well fit into the way we want to play.

Why are we selling McNair all of a sudden?  I could be wrong but  i cant see it. I thought Wilder pretty much said as such.Probably our most consistent player, rarely injured & can play in at least 4 positions.We need to keep Mc Nair, Selling him would weaken us,not improve us imo. 

Our lack of depth cost us last season.Bamba & Peltier have already gone & they had plenty game time.

• Like 4

The young lad Jack Clarke from Sunderland looks decent potential for an option on the left. That’s  a place we’re a bit lacking in and it would free Tav to play more central 

1 hour ago, Leesider said:

Why are we selling McNair all of a sudden?  I could be wrong but  i cant see it. I thought Wilder pretty much said as such.Probably our most consistent player, rarely injured & can play in at least 4 positions.We need to keep Mc Nair, Selling him would weaken us,not improve us imo. 

Our lack of depth cost us last season.Bamba & Peltier have already gone & they had plenty game time.

I believe everyone is available it all comes down to the money on offer. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Darlow linked to West Brom

They will be needing a new no.1 and Darlow enjoyed his best form at Newcastle under Bruce so its a very plausible link

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?