oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

9 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

While that's true, there's also been quite a few games where he's been on the bench and we've been crying out for a bit of creativity. He never got a look in.

He's only been available for 12 games under Wilder, to be fair.

Of the 8 he was available for but he didn't feature in, we won 6 and drew 1 of them.

He was coming back from injury when Wilder first came in, and then he's missed 13 games through injury after QPR, given he was playing for the U23s to build up fitness the other day, I expect he's not been fully fit for the last 4 matches either.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

I'd imagine we will have afew quid to spend in this window as I can see Spence being sold for quite alot considering how many teams are looking at him. Hopefully we can get a bidding war started on him and then the money we receive for him can be used to reshape the squad.

I think if we’d have not been in touch of the playoffs he might have featured more. 
I don’t think it’s the right environment to learn your trade in the league, whilst also adapting to it as well as recovering from an injury.

maybe he won’t feature next season which will be a shame and highlight that all the transfer stuff is rubbish. I thought we were recruiting players and the manager had to work with what he’s got? Now we’ve got a situation where a manager is saying, you’ve brought in X but I don’t like him so get rid of him.

I don’t think we will get the money we paid for him back, so that’s already - money into the transfer fund. I don’t think you can also afford to put a £5m out on loan when you’re a championship club either. 

• Like 1

Based on Wilder's interview I can see one/two of Tav/Fry/McNair/Jones being sold along with Spence.

Spence will go for 12-15m and I think Tav/Fry would be 7-10m based on the final year of their contract. Jones we might get another 15m for. Maybe 5m for McNair.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's nobody in this squad that I would mind going that much because they have all had a loser's mentality for years. Some of them have been coached by a collective of Monk, Pulis, Woodgate, Warnock. Four managers who drilled the fear of losing in to them, the pump it long at first sign of pressure mentality, a culture of abject football and acceptance of failure to pull through big games.

We need fresh players with a fresh mentality to come in and really believe they can win every game. Players who play with a bit of zip, spark, confidence. Take a player on, show for the ball, get the tempo up (like McGree does, even if it doesn't always come off for him).

Personally excited as hell for this window. It's refreshing not to fear losing any of your players. 

• Like 5

I personally wouldn't dream of selling Jones.

But I think we're clearly going to be losing a main player because of attitude issues judging from Wilder's comment, I hope that's not him.

@Smokedsalmon. Tav and Fry both have 2yrs left on their contracts. Wilder has gone out his way to praise Tav so I dont think he going anywhere. 

Fry am unsure of as he does not strike me as the commanding centre half Wilder wants. He been bullied a few times this season.

• Like 1
Just now, TLF10 said:

@Smokedsalmon. Tav and Fry both have 2yrs left on their contracts. Wilder has gone out his way to praise Tav so I dont think he going anywhere. 

Fry am unsure of as he does not strike me as the commanding centre half Wilder wants. He been bullied a few times this season.

If they're both on 2 years then excellent news as I think it's more likely to be McNair who goes, then.

I can understand the reasoning behind selling Spence but I just can’t get my head around fans being ok with the likes of Jones, McNair and Crooks being sold. These are players we should be looking to build our side around.

Just now, "KM" said:

I can understand the reasoning behind selling Spence but I just can’t get my head around fans being ok with the likes of Jones, McNair and Crooks being sold. These are players we should be looking to build our side around.

It's just a question of necessity for me. We haven't got enough money to build the squad we need. If we sold 1-2 players we could buy 4-5 players who are better than what we have, and more importantly, that we desperately need.

Normally that would be a bit silly to say, but our squad is literally that unbalanced.

Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

It's just a question of necessity for me. We haven't got enough money to build the squad we need. If we sold 1-2 players we could buy 4-5 players who are better than what we have, and more importantly, that we desperately need.

Normally that would be a bit silly to say, but our squad is literally that unbalanced.

I think with the figures being quoted for Spence alone we should have more than enough to bring in the players we need.  

Just now, "KM" said:

I think with the figures being quoted for Spence alone we should have more than enough to bring in the players we need.  

The maximum I've seen him valued at is 15m.

Our shopping list is;

First-choice GK

LWB

LCB

CB

CM

ST

ST

At an absolute minimum, we need all those positions filled with first team players, and we would still have very little depth afterwards. Is 15m enough for that? I'm not so sure.

I don’t see us spending more than 15m. Remember, some of our signings will be loans/free agents. Plus we don’t know how much we already have to spend before sales. 

33 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/marcus-tavernier-signs-new-contract

Does he actually or is that just the Gazette making an error?

He signed a 3 and a half year deal in January 2020.

There may have been an option of a further year hidden away which we've taken, but there's nothing public about that and in the same article they don't know Nathan Wood or Josh Coburn's contract length, so it's not like they've got an accurate list in front of them.

They mention it again in a later article, so I'm guessing they may have been told something, and I'd hope it is accurate, but they've made plenty of mistakes in their articles over the years.

Wouldn't be selling any of Tav, Jones or Fry personally. Have people gone mad? Tav and Jones have pretty much carried our team at points this season and are irreplacable. If you think you can just find another RWB of Jones' quality that easily then you're in for a shock.

I think we should get around 15-20m for Djed Spence and then maybe we can cash in on McNair for around 7-8m.

That should be more than enough money to build a new squad, this summer has one of the craziest free agent markets football has ever seen, there is so much quality available for a free. People think you need to spend all this money to build a championship squad, but look at Luton and how much they've spent.

To be quite honest looking at Wilder's record at Sheffield United and spending money it isn't very good. I know there's rumours not all signings were his but he definitely would have had a say in some of them (especially the strikers which were all god awful). With Scott at the club now we should have a much bigger recruitment network which will hopefully help us spend wisely.

Under no circumstances should we be selling key players from a squad that managed to finish 7th despite having a third of the season under Warnock.

• Like 5
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?