oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

29 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Interesting to look at the Championship goalkeeper charts for potential signings, Iversen ranks 2nd in the league for saves made:

www.squawka.com/en/championship-most-saves-clean-sheets/%3famp

Voted Preston's player of the year as well, can't imagine he'd be cheap though he has a long contract with Leicester. 

It would be nice to see us spend some good money on a long-term first choice keeper. 

It's too important a position to not invest in properly. 

Would be ideal if we could sign a Premier League backup keeper and offer him the first-choice position.

- Daniel Ward

- Kelleher (Loan)

- Karl Darlow 

- Tom Heaton

There's a few other options too but trying to be quite realistic with the signings.

Also, some good keepers in Championship. I like Daniel Bentley at Bristol City.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Interesting to look at the Championship goalkeeper charts for potential signings, Iversen ranks 2nd in the league for saves made:

www.squawka.com/en/championship-most-saves-clean-sheets/%3famp

Voted Preston's player of the year as well, can't imagine he'd be cheap though he has a long contract with Leicester. 

The stats make for good reading and I've heard some good things about him from other posters and PNE fans.

Admittedly I've not seen much of him myself, is he more of a shot stopper or a sweeper?

I feel like one of the most important things with any keeper we bring in is that they are good with their feet and quick off their line as that seems to be how Wilder wants to play.

56 minutes ago, notjade said:

If Ben Gibson wasn't from here we wouldn't be considering him at all. He cost Norwich a lot of money and has been pretty pants for them. Pass

I was always a Ben Gibson fan but agree with you, the games I've seen him play for Norwich he's been very poor, he looks like his gone backwards.  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

I was always a Ben Gibson fan but agree with you, the games I've seen him play for Norwich he's been very poor, he looks like his gone backwards.  

i think an argue could be made that his performances would likely improve playing for his hometown team.

also, lets not forgot hes proven at championship level.

1 minute ago, tmcc said:

i think an argue could be made that his performances would likely improve playing for his hometown team.

Last player that did that (Downing) didn't seem to improve on his West Ham form at all

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, tmcc said:

also, lets not forgot hes proven at championship level.

Gibson is definitely a good proven championship CB no question of that.

Gibson played a very key role in Norwichs promotion last season.

To suggest he been pants for them is short sighted. He has been poor in the PL but every single player for Norwich has been pants for them in PL.

That does not mean I would not snap their hands of for half their team at this level. Esepcially the spine of Krul, Gibson, McLean and Pukki.

** I am aware Gibson wont be coming so discussion on him coming is futile but wished to point out Gibson has not been pants for them in his 2 seasons there. 

• Like 1

Don't know what surprises Wilder has in store as to which players will be leaving, but I'd definitely be keeping Jones, Fry, McNair,Tav and Crooks, we already know Howson has been offered a new contract.   

Edited by Rioch's Braves
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Don't know what the surprises will be with the outward players but I'd definitely be keeping Jones, Fry, McNair,Tav and Crooks, we already know Howson has been offered a new contract.   

Agree mate. I think it will be Bola that will be the surprise. Albeit not a surprise anymore. I wonder if we will confirm who is available for transfer in this next week along with confirming the retained list. He did that in January when he confirmed JLS, Uche, Browne and Onel were free to leave.

I am not suggesting this purely on the back of yesterday as I not seen the match and literally just the goals but what do people think of Riis Jakobsen? 20 goals for Preston and 16 in the league. Could he be a more realistic option to lad at Coventry who looks like he has suitors higher up?

7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Agree mate. I think it will be Bola that will be the surprise. Albeit not a surprise anymore. I wonder if we will confirm who is available for transfer in this next week along with confirming the retained list. He did that in January when he confirmed JLS, Uche, Browne and Onel were free to leave.

Yeah, I am interested to see how this pans out. I listened to CW's interview, and he suggested that he'd be talking to some players tomorrow, basically telling them that they only remained on the field because he had no options with which to replace them on the bench. It didn't sound like it would be very private...sounded like CW had been biting his tongue for a while. 

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I am not suggesting this purely on the back of yesterday as I not seen the match and literally just the goals but what do people think of Riis Jakobsen? 20 goals for Preston and 16 in the league. Could he be a more realistic option to lad at Coventry who looks like he has suitors higher up?

Thats a good haul by anyone's standards only young 24 in June and a big lad at 6ft 3 might be worth a serious look.

7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

16 this season, 3 the year before.

Not sure.

1 minute ago, Smoggy-in-VA said:

Yeah, I am interested to see how this pans out. I listened to CW's interview, and he suggested that he'd be talking to some players tomorrow, basically telling them that they only remained on the field because he had no options with which to replace them on the bench. It didn't sound like it would be very private...sounded like CW had been biting his tongue for a while. 

I think the surprise bit has got everyone wondering, it could be a player who just doesn't float his boat but comes as a shock to us.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?