oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

I am sure you are, as I am fine with mine, facts do tend to trump opinion though and that Norwich game was not a one off. Lumley had some good games remember and made some good saves too. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Iversen, consistent reliable less gaff prone keeper and a far more saleable asset for the club in the future if needs be.

Well let’s just wait and see what happens I would prefer Darlow but Iversen would be good too Considering he won player of the year for his club.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Not been funny mate but you sold us the dream with Akpom and Balogun telling us all how exceptional they were. They were ***. My turn to sell you the dream, Darlow is a solid goalie and will be best we have had since Randolph and he will do very well if we sign him. Don’t write him off

Akpom and Balogun were both exceptional at the level I regularly watched them play at. I thought they could step up to Championship level, I was wrong. 

Darlow is barely an upgrade on Lumley or Daniels, there's enough evidence to show that.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

I am sure you are, as I am fine with mine, facts do tend to trump opinion though and that Norwich game was not a one off. Lumley had some good games remember and made some good saves too. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Iversen, consistent reliable less gaff prone keeper and a far more saleable asset for the club in the future if needs be.

'facts tend to trump opinion'

Well this is what Sky put together of the lad from 20/21:

Don't get me wrong, not hailing him as fantastic because of this but these saves are also facts.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

'facts tend to trump opinion'

Well this is what Sky put together of the lad from 20/21:

Don't get me wrong, not hailing him as fantastic because of this but these saves are also facts.

Should've caught that first one 🤣

1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

Awesome saves in there 

I'm not sure he actually got anything on that one against Southampton, the second one against Spurs is a save I'd expect Lumley or Daniels to have made and he was very fortunate against Salah.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm not sure he actually got anything on that one against Southampton, the second one against Spurs is a save I'd expect Lumley or Daniels to have made and he was very fortunate against Salah.

Hahaha what an interesting take that is. They were good saves; he has an excellent spring off the ground that’s clear from them saves. People say there is more to goalkeeping than making saves of course there is, but we haven’t had a keeper for ages who can make saves. Darlow would be absolutely fine.

Also, that Norwich game was from 16/17 so for some more video evidence (and perhaps more proof that video evidence in such small pieces means nothing), here's some of his best saves from that season:

3 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Awesome saves in there 

What happened to “Don’t use YouTube as your go too” or is it ok when it suits? 🤣

I could post some good saves from Lumley too and he was garbage. Youtube is a factual Library, those saves were made just like his gaffs, people tend not to roll them into one video though, mistakes cost points, Darlow causes chaos in the area. I said he was a good shot stopper, but we want more from a keeper than that. Darlow is known by the Toon side of the family as Fred, after Fred Karno’s Army.

• Like 1

Darlow is a solid keeper who has had some very good seasons in the prem and championship, certainly wouldn't be the worst option and he's a massive upgrade on Fumbley.

My only worry is his distribution and ability on the ball, he's never really excelled at that.

Like others have mentioned, if we could get Bazunu on loan I would be offering City a large loan fee to get him as he's genuinely quality and I'd be confident of us going up with him in goal.

Iversen would also be an exceptional signing but I think we'd probably be priced out of him as I imagine they'll want around 5-6m.

My choice would be Michael Cooper from Plymouth, quality goalkeeper who is only 22 and is solid with the ball at his feet and good distribution. Think he could be premier league standard in a few years so not only would he improve our team, he's also a very sellable asset in the future unlike Darlow.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

What happened to “Don’t use YouTube as your go too” or is it ok when it suits? 🤣

I could post some good saves from Lumley too and he was garbage. Youtube is a factual Library, those saves were made just like his gaffs, people tend not to roll them into one video though, mistakes cost points, Darlow causes chaos in the area. I said he was a good shot stopper, but we want more from a keeper than that. Darlow is known by the Toon side of the family as Fred, after Fred Karno’s Army.

Nope as I said in my first reply that good footage isn’t the be all and all either. I watch a lot of football and he’s more than good enough to get us out of the division. The biggest problem last season was n it having a good shot stopper, if we had Darlow I’m confident we would have enough points for a play off spot. You disagree that’s fine but don’t mock me with laughing reactions and a sarcastic tone.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I love the transfer window.

Already enjoying all the intrigue and debate and it's not even open yet.

This thread is always hilarious. 

Three pages of arguing over whether a keeper we probably won't even sign is s*** or not 😂

• Haha 6
1 hour ago, Leesider said:

You mean like Boyd- Munce? 

No.  21 year old vs near 24 year old at the time of signing.  Jones was 20 when we signed him, Munce is an attempt at similar. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?