oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

19 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Out of interest who was the last player that pleasantly surprised you despite you dreading when they were linked and eventually signed?

I would say Crooks - thought he was going to be a total Felliani type, he is so much more. 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Out of interest who was the last player that pleasantly surprised you despite you dreading when they were linked and eventually signed?

Aaron Connolly. I was pleasantly surprised with how bad he actually was after already writing him off from watching him play for Brighton. 

• Haha 4
31 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Good Question, for me that would have to be Duncan Watmore. He has certainly impressed me and I was very much against his signing. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Sol Bamba. And Lee Peltier for that matter.

I remember some people gave them dog's abuse when they signed. Although I was never that bad, I still felt like they were just going to be past-it defenders signed because they were pally with Warnock, who would massively weaken our backline if they ever played.

Both were a credit to themselves in their season at Boro.

• Like 5
47 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Peltier. He's been overshadowed by Bamba but he has been reliable and reliably entertaining when it comes to a huge repertoire of shedhousery. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Tom said:

Sol Bamba. And Lee Peltier for that matter.

I remember some people gave them dog's abuse when they signed. Although I was never that bad, I still felt like they were just going to be past-it defenders signed because they were pally with Warnock, who would massively weaken our backline if they ever played.

Both were a credit to themselves in their season at Boro.

Both were really solid when selected apart from Bamba v Huddersfield when were rubbish as a team anyway. Bamba’s performance v Bournemouth (A) was heroic. 

• Like 1

The only things that annoy me about Crooks is giving away needless freekicks and fouls resulting in way too many yellows and when he plays a bit too casual with his passing and touches. Sometimes he plays like we're 3-0 or 4-0 up and tries to showboat a little when it's not needed.

25 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

The only things that annoy me about Crooks is giving away needless freekicks and fouls resulting in way too many yellows and when he plays a bit too casual with his passing and touches. Sometimes he plays like we're 3-0 or 4-0 up and tries to showboat a little when it's not needed.

definitely agree with his sloppiness, although I don't think i've seen much of what I'd call showboating from him tbh - more just terribly weighted passes. His yellow cards are awful though, probably cost us the playoffs.

@smogsterking the Inspirati. Good question that pal. I would say Randolph surprised me as I was not very sure at all about his £5m price given he was WHU 3rd choice keeper at the time behind Hart and Adrian.

Crooks did not surprise me. I saw him a lot in his last season at Rotherham and I thought he just has this knack of scoring goals by being in right place at right time.

3 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Absolutely not. Watford fans dont like him, seems to care more about his social media account than he does football. 

Would also have to put up with his youtube diary every week. Nope

19 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Ben Foster is leaving Watford. 

Pretty sure he said he’s going to the MLS when he leaves Watford.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?