oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Is that a boos? It either means he is unaffordable for them or that he is done with the Championship. Can we afford a keeper from Leicester that's just done well in the Championship?

It'd probably be £3m+.

I'm sure we could afford it, but it's whether it's worth the limitations it puts on our transfer spending in other positions.

He's young, and there'd be scope for selling him on in the future if he's a success.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

He is not a good player. Don't think we need him when you have Coburn and Watmore either 

this, I don't think we need to sign more than two strikers as Coburn and Watmore have both shown they're more than capable back up's.

Especially, Coburn, he scored 4 in 18 in the league despite only starting 3 of those games. Also only played 471 minutes, which is the equivalent to 5 full matches. so based on minutes played he pretty much has a goal a game record and is our most prolific scorer.

7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Is that a boos? It either means he is unaffordable for them or that he is done with the Championship. Can we afford a keeper from Leicester that's just done well in the Championship?

Can we offer higher wages than PNE? Almost certainly. I don't see Iversen replacing Schmeichel anytime soon so another loan is probably best for him.

I'm not a fan though. His shot stopping is pretty good but his distribution is awful, which goes against everything Wilder wants in a keeper.

We really need an established championship keeper or an experienced PL keeper who wants regular game time.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, tmcc said:

this, I don't think we need to sign more than two strikers as Coburn and Watmore have both shown they're more than capable back up's.

Especially, Coburn, he scored 4 in 18 in the league despite only starting 3 of those games. Also only played 471 minutes, which is the equivalent to 5 full matches. so based on minutes played he pretty much has a goal a game record and is our most prolific scorer.

Wilder has said he likes to have three strikers on the bench. I agree that Coburn & Watmore are both good backups for different reasons. I can't help but feel I'd like Coburn to go out on loan to get regular football.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It'd probably be £3m+.

I'm sure we could afford it, but it's whether it's worth the limitations it puts on our transfer spending in other positions.

He's young, and there'd be scope for selling him on in the future if he's a success.

I very much doubt that Leicester are only looking at 3 million with decent experience from League 1+2 and the Championship with good reviews and he's also been called up to the Danish team just in March. I'd be surprised if they are looking at less than 5 million, and I'd also be surprised if he'd want to go on loan in the Championship again. That wouldn't bring him any closed to the Leicester team.

Gibson coming back is inevitable. It's just a case of when.

I'd rather leave it for now and sign someone cheaper as he'll cost a sizeable chunk of money. They signed him for £8m last summer so we'd be looking at £6m or so to bring him back. I don't think he suits Wilders system and style that much too.

It's got to be a good deal, so something like £3m/£4m which won't happen. Leave it and sign him next summer. He'll be in the last year of his contract and we can get him on the cheap. Sign him in Summer 2023, he'll be 30 and we can get a solid 3-4 years out of him.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Wilder has said he likes to have three strikers on the bench. I agree that Coburn & Watmore are both good backups for different reasons. I can't help but feel I'd like Coburn to go out on loan to get regular football.

yeh i get he wants 3 strikers on the bench, but id still say only two additions, keep the two i mentioned then bring up one youth teamer.
My rationale for this that how much it cost us to bring in 3 strikers above the level of Coburn/Watmore? Unless we can land a couple on free's/loans, they'd likely eat up the majority of any budget we're going to have.

Edited by tmcc
9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I very much doubt that Leicester are only looking at 3 million with decent experience from League 1+2 and the Championship with good reviews and he's also been called up to the Danish team just in March. I'd be surprised if they are looking at less than 5 million, and I'd also be surprised if he'd want to go on loan in the Championship again. That wouldn't bring him any closed to the Leicester team.

I said £3m+.

The record fee for a goalkeeper signed in the Championship is £6m 

Screenshot_20220519-104913_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4adb3eccd1cf05c4c14901dc349d61ef.jpg

Iversen has had one and a half seasons at a mid-table Championship club.

I'd be much more surprised if he thought he was going to be playing at a Premier League club next season.

Schmeichel won't be retiring for at least another few years either.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, tmcc said:

yeh i get he wants 3 strikers on the bench, but id stay say two additions, the two i mentioned then bring up one youth teamer.
My rationale for this that how much it cost us to bring in 3 strikers above the level of Coburn/Watmore. Unless we can land a couple on free's/loans, they likely eat up the majority of any budget we're going to have.

Yeah, there's lots of good free agents about.

Maybe look at someone like Cameron Archer on loan too.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I said £3m+.

The record fee for a goalkeeper signed in the Championship is £6m 

Screenshot_20220519-104913_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4adb3eccd1cf05c4c14901dc349d61ef.jpg

Iversen has had one and a half seasons at a mid-table Championship club.

Schmeichel won't be retiring for another few years at least yet.

They've also got Daniel Ward who's the second choice keeper. He's not a bad option to have too.

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

He's still only young in keeper terms at 24,  and had only had one full season at Championship level at a mid to lower level championship side. League 1 ad 2 experience doesn't mean much, just look at the number of young keepers we've had who did well at those levels not to make it.
I think a loan to a  promotion/playoff pushing championship side is his most likely destination next season or maybe he'll try and get on the bench at leicester.

7 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

They've also got Daniel Ward who's the second choice keeper. He's not a bad option to have too.

He'd have been somebody I'd have been tempted to look at if he hadn't just had major surgery.

• Like 2

regarding keepers, someone i think may be a decent shout is Matt Ryan. he looked good two seasons ago at brighton but struggled at arsenal . hes a solid reliable and experienced keeper, commanding and experienced. unfortunately the stumbling block would be wages. and hes australian which has worked before.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Can we offer higher wages than PNE? Almost certainly. I don't see Iversen replacing Schmeichel anytime soon so another loan is probably best for him.

I'm not a fan though. His shot stopping is pretty good but his distribution is awful, which goes against everything Wilder wants in a keeper.

We really need an established championship keeper or an experienced PL keeper who wants regular game time.

Agree. Loads of keepers better than him in the champ this year. Stats wise even Lumley wasn't far off him in alot of categories.  Although they didn't survive, Arminia keeper Stefan Ortega is a very good keeper playing behind a properly *** defence

Edited by nunthorpered
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?