oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

3 hours ago, BoroJake said:

Longstaff signing a new contract at Newcastle. We’d been linked to him I think

I think you’ve got the wrong Longstaff. 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

No it’s the right one

No it’s not. It’s his brother Matty who we were linked with and as far as I know he has been on loan. 

2 hours ago, tmcc said:

not sure if its financial trouble as they havnt spent much in a long time, i think its more that the owner is prioritising the repayment of loans he made to the club of 65 million.

I don't think it's loans that he made to the club, I believe it's loans that were taken out to fund the purchase of the club.  The money was borrowed from the good people at MSD, which is where a chunk of the Derby County money was also owed. Part of the agreement was that if Burnley were relegated then the balance would have to be paid immediately rather than interest payments only being required for the first few years.  Burnley apparently have £50m in cash reserves so they aren't struggling for money, they will inevitably sell some players I guess as well.  Unfortunately, you have a club in Burnley who have actually operated their business in the right way, and have been comfortable in terms of FFP, but they have issues because the person who purchased the club was able to do so with loans made against the business they were buying.  It shouldn't be allowed in football.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, Tom said:

I don't know much about Kompany's style of football, but I feel like he'd need quite a big turnover of players who've been had Dycheball ingrained into them, and obviously bought with that style in mind. 

to be fair Wilder managed to change our style with a mostly Warnock squad

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

to be fair Wilder managed to change our style with a mostly Warnock squad

It was a squad that wasn't suited to Warnockball either though, not enough 6'6 ogres in it 

16 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Any word on a new deal for Howson? Would definitely be good for 20-25 starts and we know he works well in the system. 

He’ll be starting the majority of games if he did stay in my opinion. Not convinced we would bring anyone in to do a better job than him with our recruitment record. 

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think it's loans that he made to the club, I believe it's loans that were taken out to fund the purchase of the club.  The money was borrowed from the good people at MSD, which is where a chunk of the Derby County money was also owed. Part of the agreement was that if Burnley were relegated then the balance would have to be paid immediately rather than interest payments only being required for the first few years.  Burnley apparently have £50m in cash reserves so they aren't struggling for money, they will inevitably sell some players I guess as well.  Unfortunately, you have a club in Burnley who have actually operated their business in the right way, and have been comfortable in terms of FFP, but they have issues because the person who purchased the club was able to do so with loans made against the business they were buying.  It shouldn't be allowed in football.

They also had £102m of debt apparently. When that needs repaying, I don’t know. They have already received the transfer fee for Chris Wood, by borrowing from the bank, so Newcastle owe the bank the second instalment of £12.5m and not Burnley. 
Don’t think they are in dire straits, but they are certainly not rolling in cash. They could sell Pope, Cornet and O’Neill, as their major assets, but they will definitely need a lot of new players over the summer. We had better get used to stories linking both us and Burnley to the same players.

25 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

The cynical me wonders if Howsons improved performances may be due to him trying to get one last deal elsewhere  

I'd be surprised if he leaves and if he does leave, he won't be moving far.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Why are we being linked with every Newcastle player going?! We'll be asking if Steve Howey is left footed next 

He isn't but I believe that Phillipe Albert is  👍

• Haha 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?