oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

6 hours ago, Will said:

Sorry mate, I respect your ITK stuff and you as a poster but this is utter ***. Neil Warnock can take no credit for this season 

I'm surprised he's not taking credit for Forest getting promoted 😄

• Haha 3
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

8 hours ago, tmcc said:

finally, as is usually the case, Middlesbrough isnt an attractive option for young players to move to (or back to in this case). With most players, if its between living in Nottingham or Middlesbrough, most are going nottingham.

Spence wanted to be closer to London but more than anything I think he just wanted to play regularly. I think we've done alright attracting players when compared to Forest over the years. 

I don't think we need to go down this avenue of criticising the town every time we are talking about players coming and going.

• Like 2

There was an article about Spence a couple of months ago in the Guardian where all his old coaches were interviewed from being a kid.

One theme - he doesn't do rules and he has an attitude. His family get a mention too. Basically if you criticise him he sulks. Forest will have just let him be for the season. Tell him he's awesome and let him do his stuff.

It will not work long term as his team mates will wonder why he gets special treatment. But on loan for a year it's probably ok.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, Duvel said:

I don't think we need to go down this avenue of criticising the town every time we are talking about players coming and going.

Yeah, not sure you can use the area as a reason for players seemingly not wanting to come here any more.

Most of the players live in Yarm or Ingleby Barwick, they will be well aware of our excellent training facilities and the reputation of Rockliffe Park.

I'd say the playstyle due to past managers has been the problem, hopefully Chris Wilder is enough of a lure this time round.

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Yeah, not sure you can use the area as a reason for players seemingly not wanting to come here any more.

Most of the players live in Yarm or Ingleby Barwick, they will be well aware of our excellent training facilities and the reputation of Rockliffe Park.

I'd say the playstyle due to past managers has been the problem, hopefully Chris Wilder is enough of a lure this time round.

I can understand some players preferring London, especially some of the foreign lads and young domestic players but there's far more to it than that.

Obviously money plays a part as well but not every player is obsessed with nightlife and designer clothes shops. We need to convince players that we're a team who plays good football and (i hate the word) but we are a project that you want to be part of. If we are a team that looks like one who have the chance of promotion then players will come here. 

To say that players would choose Nottingham over here I think is strange though, I've spent a fair bit of time there and the nightlife and shopping isn't great at all. Parts of the city centre are nice but there's some seriously rough parts of the city as well. Its no better or worse than the average northern town. 

Its not long ago we were buying Forest's best player and I don't remember them beating us to signings recently either. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, edinboro said:

There was an article about Spence a couple of months ago in the Guardian where all his old coaches were interviewed from being a kid.

One theme - he doesn't do rules and he has an attitude. His family get a mention too. Basically if you criticise him he sulks. Forest will have just let him be for the season. Tell him he's awesome and let him do his stuff.

It will not work long term as his team mates will wonder why he gets special treatment. But on loan for a year it's probably ok.

He sulks on the pitch as well, throwing his arms around like a petulant child if things are'nt going his way.

Fulham let him go .Warnock let him go. Wilder did'nt get him back.

Lets hope that "hilarious" tweet does'nt put off any potential suitors.

He really comes across as a bit of a clown.

Thanks for the 10-15m Djed,

Cheerio

• Like 2
On 5/28/2022 at 8:21 PM, Riverside94 said:

can’t see us being able to compete financially but then as a striker looking at Fulham, who play one up top .. do you fancy yourself to push out Mitrovic or go somewhere you’d be first choice 😉 

I'd probs see what the contracts look like then decide, probs worth alot more to get them fulham wages and if dont work out you will get your games when go out on loan somewhere and still keep them wages lol

13 minutes ago, Leesider said:

He sulks on the pitch as well, throwing his arms around like a petulant child if things are'nt going his way.

Fulham let him go .Warnock let him go. Wilder did'nt get him back.

Lets hope that "hilarious" tweet does'nt put off any potential suitors.

He really comes across as a bit of a clown.

Thanks for the 10-15m Djed,

Cheerio

Since Fulham and Warnock let him go I'm not sure we can expect anywhere near £10m for him, I mean if they've let him go then for sure he's not going to make it. Just release him on a free and be done with it.

1 minute ago, Will said:

Since Fulham and Warnock let him go I'm not sure we can expect anywhere near £10m for him, I mean if they've let him go then for sure he's not going to make it. Just release him on a free and be done with it.

I know you're being sarky but there is a list a mile long of players let go/not wanted who do very well under certain circumstances. 

I'm not quite sure why you are being so defensive of anyone criticizing Spence. It's pretty obvious Warnock was a massive bellend. It's also pretty obvious Spence plus friends/family are also massive bellends.

Good riddance I say. Personally from a footballing perspective I think we are doing bloody well to pocket this sort of cash because I just haven't seen where the hype is coming from. He definitely looks more confident and has great pace to burst past someone, but his final ball is still absolutely terrible and his all-round play is kinda mediocre. I definitely wouldn't swap him for Jones. 

• Like 4
12 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Said he could go to the top if his attitude was right, could be non-league if it wasn't.

That's it.

Almost every comment about his actual ability has been very positive from Warnock, even when they were both here, though he questioned his attitude a few times.

As did Woodgate before him.

Obviously he's done a great job of proving them wrong by trying to mock a 73 year old retiree on social media as his first tweet after the biggest game of his career 😂

plus he signed him up to a contract extension before letting him go our on loan, so think alot of what he said was for the players benefit and to get the reaction he has given, I would think if warnock see's the tweet he will probably just think mission accomplished. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

He played regularly just generally out of position and was berated unfairly in the press due to serious incompetence within the management of the team. Same old story whoever is at the helm I'm beginning to think there's something in the water at Rockcliffe.

It's got to go down as one of the biggest clangers in recent championship history to ship out the best rwb in the league who goes on to star in winning the loaning side promotion as well as break into the England u21s all the while warnock reverted to 5 at the back and played the likes of dijksteel and Peltier where spence could have been. Absolutely frighteningly bad dinosaur management.

Warnock didnt play wingbacks thought so was never going to use him so sending him out on loan was best option at the time

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I know you're being sarky but there is a list a mile long of players let go/not wanted who do very well under certain circumstances. 

I'm not quite sure why you are being so defensive of anyone criticizing Spence. It's pretty obvious Warnock was a massive bellend. It's also pretty obvious Spence plus friends/family are also massive bellends.

Good riddance I say. Personally from a footballing perspective I think we are doing bloody well to pocket this sort of cash because I just haven't seen where the hype is coming from. He definitely looks more confident and has great pace to burst past someone, but his final ball is still absolutely terrible and his all-round play is kinda mediocre. I definitely wouldn't swap him for Jones. 

Pretty much agree with this, I don't think Warnock or Spence left/ leave here with their reputations particularly enhanced. 

Spence has shown that he's a decent Championship right back at Forest but the jump in levels from this to the Premier league is absolutely enormous. His strength has been going forward rather than defending and both aspects of his game are going to get tested in the top flight. 

I don't mind him giving it the big shot and having a pop at Warnock but he'd better make sure he delivers on the pitch next season otherwise that tweet might come back to bite him. 

As a Boro fan I'm not particularly bothered about him leaving, I've seen far better players leave and the club have survived. He's actually making us a bit of money so him leaving is a positive. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Yes I was, but that is entirely my point.

10 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I don't think I've really defended Spence himself much at all. I've said his tweet was harmless and justifiable given Warnock's words in the press about him, I've said over a few months now that our handling of him was poor and we can consider ourselves extremely lucky that Forest have developed a valuable asset for us. I'll question people who write him off based on the opinion of Neil Warnock, given he's not exactly built his reputation on being a developer of players.

13 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I wouldn't swap him for Jones, I think Jones is more suited to the way we play and the modern interpretation of the RWB role. A good portion of his fee is based on what he can become, the fact he's young and that he's English. I've got to disagree on the good riddance part, I don't like us losing talented footballers and, like Forest have, I think there's a system where him and Jones could play together and be an extremely strong aspect of our team.

• Like 1

My take on Spence for what it’s worth is win win really. We sell now at a high price after 1 good season. We strengthen elsewhere where needed. If he goes on to be a one season wonder or trouble as some have suggested then it’s good business to have shipped him out at a high price. IF he goes on to be world class, then with all due respect to the club I love, then he is never going to stay at boro anyway and would have been sold at some point. Plus I keep going back to the point that it’s been spoken about us wanting to do this as a business model many times. Pick up a gem for free in this case or low cost. Develop them for a couple of years and sell at a large profit and go again. Spence falls into that bracket.

• Like 3
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?