oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Do you not think that's because of how poor all our strikers were? I can't remember Sharp/Mcgoldrick getting subbed and rotated like we were last season.

no, just due to what he expects from them, they should be running out of juice midway into the 2nd half and need to be rotated to stay fresh.  Though if you're banging in the goals and creating chances like  Sharp/Mcgoldrick were, then they've earned the right to stay in the starting level

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Romano is basically an aggregator of other people’s tweets and he writes them in such a way that he cannot be wrong.

“Hearing that Pogba could sign for PSG but wages need to be discussed”

If Pogba signs = credibility

if he doesn’t = no credibility lost.

Other journos think he is a walking meme. He even livestreams on deadline day now, which is him sat on his phone with “guests”.

that's why I only believe random people on forums....

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Do you not think that's because of how poor all our strikers were? I can't remember Sharp/Mcgoldrick getting subbed and rotated like we were last season.

McGoldrick was subbed on 9 times and subbed off with a reasonable amount of time left over a dozen times in their last Championship season under Wilder. 

Sharp tended to see out a lot more of the games, but he was also basically scoring in every 2nd game.

3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/18858565/man-utd-tom-heaton-middlesbrough-transfer-exclusive/

Loads of info here.

We want Heaton and are after a keeper called Liam Roberts too.

We also want Hamza Choudury from Leicester.

We also tried for Dean Henderson but its a no go.

Great Spot. 

The Boro boss is also set to snap up Northampton gloveman Liam Roberts as cover in a surprise deal.

2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/18858565/man-utd-tom-heaton-middlesbrough-transfer-exclusive/

Loads of info here.

We want Heaton and are after a keeper called Liam Roberts too.

We also want Hamza Choudury from Leicester.

We also tried for Dean Henderson but its a no go.

Trying to loan Lumley to Reading, the poor guys.

Not sure on Heaton, he was clearly a great keeper at Burnley but he seems surprisingly injury prone for a keeper and he's getting on a bit.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Trying to loan Lumley to Reading, the poor guys.

Not sure on Heaton, he was clearly a great keeper at Burnley but he seems surprisingly injury prone for a keeper and he's getting on a bit.

Yeah, agree with that. I'd rather have someone as than Heaton. Age and injuries ain't great.

3 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Great Spot. 

The Boro boss is also set to snap up Northampton gloveman Liam Roberts as cover in a surprise deal.

also

Championship side Boro were prepared to pay £40,000 a week towards Henderson’s salary but United wanted more.

Just now, Mr_Maz said:

also

Championship side Boro were prepared to pay £40,000 a week towards Henderson’s salary but United wanted more.

Pointless spending time offering anything on him, never getting him in the Championship.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Romano is basically an aggregator of other people’s tweets and he writes them in such a way that he cannot be wrong.

“Hearing that Pogba could sign for PSG but wages need to be discussed”

If Pogba signs = credibility

if he doesn’t = no credibility lost.

Other journos think he is a walking meme. He even livestreams on deadline day now, which is him sat on his phone with “guests”.

I don’t know that it’s fair to criticise him for the way he words his tweets. As others have said he’s made a career out of being a tap in merchant. When he gives a transfer the “here we go”, you can be 99.9% sure that it’s going to go ahead. 

In that hypothetical scenario you’ve given, if a player is still in discussions with a club he’s not exactly going to jump the gun and claim it’s a done deal because first of all it wouldn’t be accurate reporting but also it would risk his credibility which is where his popularity stems from.

He probably appeals more to casual fans. Some would rather hear every piece of transfer gossip, even if the vast majority don’t materialise. Others would rather just hear about the transfers where there’s a high probability of them going through.

• Like 1

Surely we are not after Tom Heatin. That would be ridiculous. 36 years old and 22 minutes of first team football in the last two years. Can’t get any less ambitious than that. 

• Like 1

Dwight Gayle deal collapsed as we have made surprise progress on 2 strikers and we pulled the plug.( both played uk last year ). Spence deal preventing finalising them both.  Could be another big exit from the squad,  player wants to play premier league But no pressure to sell.  Lenihan already been to rockcliffe for photos. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?