oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I get that but I’m failing to see where KS fits in with all of this. I thought he was brought in because of his links/expertise but I’m yet to see any of it in action, I get that it’s early in his tenure but I was hoping it would be more ambitious/exciting than being linked with a 36 year old Tom Heaton.

It still just feels like we are going from one extreme to another without a proper long term plan in place. This summer it feels like Wilder’s remit is to get us up next season hence the link with all the experiences pro’s but what if we don’t go up are we going to have another rebuild next year? It’s probably all paper talk rubbish anyway so let’s hope things pick up. 

Think it's worth remembering we've never had a problem identifying good players, we've always had a problem securing them and getting deals over the line.

How many times have we ended up with our 4/5th choice over the past few years?

KS is probably streamlining the whole process and making sure we get who our manager wants early doors. Don't think he's been brought in to magic wonderkids out of thin air after 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Think it's worth remembering we've never had a problem identifying good players, we've always had a problem securing them and getting deals over the line.

KS is probably streamlining the whole process and making sure we get who our manager wants early doors. Don't think he's been brought in to magic wonderkids out of thin air after 6 months.

He did an interview a few months back where he clarified that although he oversees the recruitment team, he really comes in at the end to get deals over the line so he will prove his worth based on whether or not we secure our prime targets.

Just now, BoroJake said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brilliant-finisher-what-adam-armstrongs-24193615

The gazette seem to be doing quite a bit on Adam armstrong. Hopefully something in it

Really hope there's something in it. As much as I'd love to get Gyokeres and in a dream scenario we'd get both, I think out of the links so far Armstrong is the most exciting.

• Like 4

I’d prefer Piroe or Semenyo to be the one on the permanent.

Semenyo out of contract in Summer 2023. He should be affordable with only a year left. £5m or so.

Swansea need to sell, they need cash. Piroe won’t sign a new contract. It’s worth a go at trying to sign him.

if not Piroe, make a move for Obefami.

Think Piroe is probably out of reach. For whatever reason he seems to have quite a bit more hype/interest in him than the others mentioned. Hasn't he also refused to sign a new contract as he wants a prem move? Just seems overall like a non starter. 

There's something untrustworthy to me about a player forcing a move after only a year at a club when they're getting consistent game time.

I doubt they'd think twice about doing the same thing here.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

There's something untrustworthy to me about a player forcing a move after only a year at a club when they're getting consistent game time.

I think it’s a bit different for Armstrong, he’s a Geordie down south and could essentially move back home with a young family. Southampton seem to be stagnating if not declining and we’re very much a side on the up.

1 hour ago, Smokedsalmon said:

monk pulis woodgate warnock these are the reasons we miss out on targets. *** managers with no style or a totally anti football one.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

I think it’s a bit different for Armstrong, he’s a Geordie down south and could essentially move back home with a young family. Southampton seem to be stagnating if not declining and we’re very much a side on the up.

I mean Piroe, not Armstrong.

Armstrong stopped getting picked in the second half of the season and struggled a bit when he did play, a loan makes sense for both parties there.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Think Piroe is probably out of reach. For whatever reason he seems to have quite a bit more hype/interest in him than the others mentioned. Hasn't he also refused to sign a new contract as he wants a prem move? Just seems overall like a non starter. 

I’ll die on the hill that we need a more physical/link up player to go alongside a Gayle/Armstrong etc. We badly missed that last season hence why quite a few went a bit too far and said we missed Uche. A Gyokeres/Piroe type player would be perfect 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I’ll die on the hill that we need a more physical/link up player to go alongside a Gayle/Armstrong etc. We badly missed that last season hence why quite a few went a bit too far and said we missed Uche. A Gyokeres/Piroe type player would be perfect 

Gyokores and Armstrong would be so good it’s quite frightening to think about it 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

have you seen their style of play though. its all pass slowly though the pitch. they dont counter attack or hit channels early. which is his strength really playing the channels getting in behind through the gaps. hes reasonably quick and he would score plenty in the championship. he'd get 30+ in a promotion pushing team. well except for us lol

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?