oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Spurs fans seem to think hakimi could be moving. Maybe spurs did all this to scare forest off, hoping forest sign a full back (neco Williams) and then just offer 10m or so. Just find it strange there’s been no official bid after all the reports. Probably (definitely) me just thinking too much about it 😂

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Any cause for concern that nobody has actually bid for Spence yet...? Seems odd as Spurs have been really fast with their other business. Surprised Forest haven't thrown their hat in the ring too tbh. 

I think someone said that Spence is on holiday and that’s what’s holding things up. 
Surely he could have taken a break at some other point in the year?

Oh and does Tav’s contract run out in ‘23?

And in other news, the word on the putting green is we’re looking at a defender called Lenny Ham. 

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Why hasn't he signed a contract yet?

It could be that he wants to stay and the club want him to stay, so it makes sense for him to train with the squad, but his agent is just going back and forth over the finer points of the contract.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Tom said:

It could be that he wants to stay and the club want him to stay, so it makes sense for him to train with the squad, but his agent is just going back and forth over the finer points of the contract.

When did his contract expire?

2 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

When did his contract expire?

It actually hasn't yet, but without a new contract in place he wouldn't usually be expected to report for pre season for obvious reasons.

15 minutes ago, Will said:

It actually hasn't yet, but without a new contract in place he wouldn't usually be expected to report for pre season for obvious reasons.

But is still technically a boro player until it officially expires on the end of June I guess.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Burnley have bid 4 mil for Scott Twine according to Mr Nixon 

I can see it all kicking off now and getting a bit daft with a few more top end clubs in the division fighting it out for him. 

It seems like Tottenham are predictably doing their best to get Spence's price as low as possible. We're clearly desperate to cash in on Spence as soon as possible and want a bidding war to drive up the price, but are unable to do so as Tottenham have scared their rivals off by making it clear that their his first choice and Spence's agent seems to be very closely aligned to Tottenham.

Tottenham are likely waiting for rivals like Forest, Brentford and Arsenal etc to sign alternatives, and therefore completely drop out of the Spence transfer battle, leaving us in a significantly weaker negotiating position before they make their move with a low ball offer. I'm imagining this is why Boro are constantly reiterating that Tottenham haven't made a bid as we want their transfer rivals to maintain their interest in Spence.

It's going to be a difficult predicament for Scott as clearly we want as much as possible for Spence, but we also want the money in the bank asap so that we can reinvest it into several essential areas of the squad before we miss out on our transfer targets. Getting a few million less this week could oddly be better for us than a few million more on the final day of the transfer window, as the bulk of our current targets are going to be off the market by then and teams will sense our desperation and therefore increase prices. There's a delicate balance to be found.

One glimmer of hope is that, according to the Tottenham journalist Alisdair Gould, Conte is supposedly very keen to get new signings in far earlier in the transfer window than what Daniel Levy has previously - thus stumping up more money earlier rather than dragging things out. It's also going to be in our interests for clubs to think we don't get as much as anticipated for him, as the more clubs think we receive, the more they and agents will try to squeeze out of us for signings.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?