oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Realistically now I’m expecting Spence to go for 12 million with add ons 

Asking as the add ons are Son and Kane on loan sounds a fair deal 

• Haha 1
Just now, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Been out today, is this in relation to Howson?

Yeah apparently there is a video of a player in Mizuno boots in training today  which a detective like Boro fan reckons it’s Howson as he’s the only player who wears that brand. And Humpty has heard he was at training today and reckons a deals been agreed for him to stay for the season 

Just now, AllBoro10 said:

Yeah apparently there is a video of a player in Mizuno boots in training today  which a detective like Boro fan reckons it’s Howson as he’s the only player who wears that brand. And Humpty has heard he was at training today and reckons a deals been agreed for him to stay for the season 

Ah lovely then cheers

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Realistically now I’m expecting Spence to go for 12 million with add ons 

What has happened to make you say this?

26 minutes ago, p_mards said:

It seems like Tottenham are predictably doing their best to get Spence's price as low as possible. We're clearly desperate to cash in on Spence as soon as possible and want a bidding war to drive up the price, but are unable to do so as Tottenham have scared their rivals off by making it clear that their his first choice and Spence's agent seems to be very closely aligned to Tottenham.

Tottenham are likely waiting for rivals like Forest, Brentford and Arsenal etc to sign alternatives, and therefore completely drop out of the Spence transfer battle, leaving us in a significantly weaker negotiating position before they make their move with a low ball offer. I'm imagining this is why Boro are constantly reiterating that Tottenham haven't made a bid as we want their transfer rivals to maintain their interest in Spence.

It's going to be a difficult predicament for Scott as clearly we want as much as possible for Spence, but we also want the money in the bank asap so that we can reinvest it into several essential areas of the squad before we miss out on our transfer targets. Getting a few million less this week could oddly be better for us than a few million more on the final day of the transfer window, as the bulk of our current targets are going to be off the market by then and teams will sense our desperation and therefore increase prices. There's a delicate balance to be found.

One glimmer of hope is that, according to the Tottenham journalist Alisdair Gould, Conte is supposedly very keen to get new signings in far earlier in the transfer window than what Daniel Levy has previously - thus stumping up more money earlier rather than dragging things out. It's also going to be in our interests for clubs to think we don't get as much as anticipated for him, as the more clubs think we receive, the more they and agents will try to squeeze out of us for signings.

It’s definitely looking more and more like classic Levy gamesmanship. At this point I think we should be speaking to any other interested parties in the hopes of spooking Spurs and bringing them to the table.

They might well be his first choice and while we can’t force him to move to another club ultimately we do still hold all the cards in terms of him having 2 years remaining on his contract and he can’t force us to accept an offer we deem to be unsatisfactory.

If it becomes clear to him that us and Spurs are at an impasse he might well weigh up his options and decide he’d rather move to say a Forest or Brentford than have to stay here, or he might get his agent in the ear of Levy to get him to make us an acceptable offer.

• Like 1

Do I sense some normal transfer rumor thread paranoia creeping in here with respect to Spence and bids? Despite the 479 pages in here, if you look at the business that has been done overall in any of the leagues, it is not very much. Sure it would be nice for everyone's stress level for it all to be done quickly, but that generally does not happen.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, expat-acklam said:

Do I sense some normal transfer rumor thread paranoia creeping in here with respect to Spence and bids? Despite the 479 pages in here, if you look at the business that has been done overall in any of the leagues, it is not very much. Sure it would be nice for everyone's stress level for it all to be done quickly, but that generally does not happen.

It is the football fan way (myself included)

We were all getting very antsy about the kit reveal too, questioning why the club was taking so long and getting annoyed.

Just saw this graphic:

20220620_230154.thumb.jpg.2533d871defc83acc58e617c5871a68a.jpg

Only 6 clubs, one being Middlesbrough, have even revealed their kit.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, expat-acklam said:

The thing that concerns me the most about it is that it shouldn’t really be a difficult transfer to conduct. It’s pretty cut and dry. We want him gone and he wants to leave so it’s difficult to understand the hold up. If Spurs weren’t looking to play games they could have had him yesterday.

I’m not saying they should just hand us a blank cheque, but if reports of him being their top target are to be believed then for them to not have even tabled an offer yet suggests to me that they have no interest in negotiating a reasonable fee and instead sense that we’re desperate for the money to conduct our own business and are going to wait us out to try and get a cut price.

5 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Think Roberts will be a solid addition to the squad. Confident he'll be a great competition, obviously big step up in quality. But the way the Cobblers fans rave about him down here is promising in my eyes.

Read his stats he has had 9 loans to various clubs and was released by Walsall. So hope last season wasnt just a one off.

Edited by Boroinredcar
spelling
8 hours ago, JTG said:

The thing that concerns me the most about it is that it shouldn’t really be a difficult transfer to conduct. It’s pretty cut and dry. We want him gone and he wants to leave so it’s difficult to understand the hold up. If Spurs weren’t looking to play games they could have had him yesterday.

I’m not saying they should just hand us a blank cheque, but if reports of him being their top target are to be believed then for them to not have even tabled an offer yet suggests to me that they have no interest in negotiating a reasonable fee and instead sense that we’re desperate for the money to conduct our own business and are going to wait us out to try and get a cut price.

Maybe the clubs are actually negotiating the transfer, but a formal bid has yet to be lodged by Spurs, and that won't happen untill the two clubs find common ground. Spurs call Scott and ask what our asking price is. Scott says 20 million. Spurs simmer for a few days and come back and asks how much up front, and what kind of add ons would you accept. This goes back and forth untill they reach a result which is then going to be Spurs formal bid. They have untill Spence is back to negotiate anyway. It's annoying as we'd all have liked the 20 million up front deal a week ago.

8 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Predictions for today ? I'm going Roberts announced and some movement on Giles.

don't think anything will happen. It'll just be another slow day🤷‍♂️

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?