oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I like coburn and hes shown he can be a lethal finisher. But id prefer we loaned him to league 1 to see how he gets on with a full season as first choice. 

There's a reason that balogun is on the fringes of one of the top teams in the country and is the starting striker for the England u21s, that isn't just luck or managers being stupid. he'd be way ahead of coburn as things stand. 

Undecided on whether I'd want Coburn loaned out, I'd say if he's getting 10/15 starts and about 25 appearances in all competitions for us I'd prefer him here in a settled environment. That might be better for his development unless we knew for sure he'd start in a league one team. But if we don't think we'll give him that then maybe a loan for development is best.

• Like 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Undecided on whether I'd want Coburn loaned out, I'd say if he's getting 10/15 starts and about 25 appearances in all competitions for us I'd prefer him here in a settled environment. That might be better for his development unless we knew for sure he'd start in a league one team. But if we don't think we'll give him that then maybe a loan for development is best.

I agree. Can't remember the last time we've loaned a youth striker out and they've got enough games to make it worth their while

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

But Coburn wasn't 4th choice, he was 5th and he got half the minutes Balogun did. That's across the full season, during the time with Warnock too, vs. Balogun's half-season.

Remember you also mentioned Watmore. Add Balogun and two other strikers and you're not talking about Coburn being 4th choice, it's 5th choice, the man they throw on when it's all guns blazing, chasing a game, when everyone is available. Why should he be pushed down to that by a player who did less than him?

I'm not disputing whether Wilder's strikers get rotated at all, that's nothing to do with my point. He plays 2 strikers on most occasions though and rotating those during a game leaves 5th choice on the bench. That's what the stats prove, too.

sorry my bad, if i havnt been to clear on this.  In one of my earlier posts i did say we have 2 strikers already (Coburn and watmore), and that we need 3 more, 2 to start and another as one of the 3 back ups on the bench.
3/4/5 for me are much the same in a wilder set up as all 3 will be on the bench in a Wilder side, out of those 3 on the bench, who ever proves themselves the best will get the most game time. like i said in reply to your orginal post to me, i had be happy for that to be Coburn and Balogun, implying them two over Watmore.

Edited by tmcc
  • Like 1

Norwich City and Middlesbrough’s reported target Ryan Fredericks is said to be in advanced talks over a move to Premier League side Bournemouth.

Norwich City and Middlesbrough (The Mail on Sunday, 12.06.21, via Hammers.news) have both been credited with interest in Fredericks this summer after his departure from Premier League side West Ham.

The Hammers’ decision to let the right-sided ace move on opens the door for him to make a free transfer switch ahead of the new season.

Now, a new update has dealt a blow to Norwich City and Middlesbrough’s hopes of striking a deal.

According to Sky Sports reporter Mark McAdam, Premier League new boys Bournemouth are now in talks to sign Fredericks.

Discussions are said to be at an advanced stage as Cherries boss Scott Parker prepares his side for top-flight football, and it seems a new right-back is on his radar.

Staying in the Premier League?

A signing of Fredericks’ pedigree would certainly make for a good addition for either the Canaries or Boro this summer.

He has over 140 Championship appearances to his name and last season’s seven Premier League outings took him to 62 appearances in England’s top-flight too. With that in mind though, it’s no wonder a team like Bournemouth are looking to wrap up a deal as Parker bids to add some Premier League pedigree to his ranks.

While it would be a blow for Norwich City and Middlesbrough if Fredericks ends up joining Bournemouth, the consolation is that there is plenty of time left in the window to pursue alternatives.

Both Dean Smith and Chris Wilder will be looking to build promotion-winning squads this summer, and Fredericks would have been a smart addition.

https://the72.co.uk/2022/06/22/norwich-city-middlesbrough-transfer-target-in-advanced-talks-with-premier-league-club/

West Ham eyeing swoop for Isaiah Jones

The Athletic reckon that there Hammers are keen to bring the 22-year-old attacker back to London from Middlesbrough this summer.

We believe that Jones would be a truly stunning acquisition for West Ham.

Jones was in absolutely sensational form for Middlesbrough last season and he put in an unbelievable display against Tottenham in the FA Cup back in March.

The Lambeth-born ace was a key factor behind Boro’s memorable win at the Riverside.

Photo by Alex Dodd – CameraSport via Getty Images

Jones bagged 10 goal involvements in 42 Championship games for Middlesbrough last season (Transfermarkt).

The 22-year-old is a right winger by trade but has operated mostly as a right wing-back for Boro, especially since Chris Wilder took over at the Riverside in November. He can operate on either wing if need be.

Jones possesses blistering pace, exceptional dribbling ability and is incredibly strong. He proved that he has what it takes to succeed at the very highest level with his display against Tottenham three months ago.

He was recently described as ‘unplayable’ by The Mirror.

Jones could be available for around £15 million this summer according to a report from The Hartlepool Mail. That’s sensational value as far as we’re concerned.

And if West Ham sign Isaiah Jones for anything like that amount of money, we think it will end up proving to be a fabulous piece of business for the East London outfit.

https://www.hammers.news/news/west-ham-want-to-bring-unplayable-isaiah-jones-back-to-london-for-15-million/

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

West Ham eyeing swoop for Isaiah Jones

The Athletic reckon that there Hammers are keen to bring the 22-year-old attacker back to London from Middlesbrough this summer.

We believe that Jones would be a truly stunning acquisition for West Ham.

Jones was in absolutely sensational form for Middlesbrough last season and he put in an unbelievable display against Tottenham in the FA Cup back in March.

The Lambeth-born ace was a key factor behind Boro’s memorable win at the Riverside.

Photo by Alex Dodd – CameraSport via Getty Images

Jones bagged 10 goal involvements in 42 Championship games for Middlesbrough last season (Transfermarkt).

The 22-year-old is a right winger by trade but has operated mostly as a right wing-back for Boro, especially since Chris Wilder took over at the Riverside in November. He can operate on either wing if need be.

Jones possesses blistering pace, exceptional dribbling ability and is incredibly strong. He proved that he has what it takes to succeed at the very highest level with his display against Tottenham three months ago.

He was recently described as ‘unplayable’ by The Mirror.

Jones could be available for around £15 million this summer according to a report from The Hartlepool Mail. That’s sensational value as far as we’re concerned.

And if West Ham sign Isaiah Jones for anything like that amount of money, we think it will end up proving to be a fabulous piece of business for the East London outfit.

https://www.hammers.news/news/west-ham-want-to-bring-unplayable-isaiah-jones-back-to-london-for-15-million/

£15m 😂

i know, then started to read the bit about them commenting on 15m and had to read again as while I was reading it in my mind they were dismissing it and then get to the end they like this would be a bargain lol. I'd of thought if you were selling just now fair price be circa 5m plus (and thought this why clubs be sniffing around now while he is cheap) , and that one reason why he would go. bit of a leap but at least its a decent figure quoted lol

7 minutes ago, CWC said:

Can’t remember who said Dimi was joining the Academy but it doesn’t seem to be the case. 

It was me and I spoke to him directly a week last Monday so not sure what's happened yet.

I know the guy Chris who is taking over his teaching academy.

• Wow 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

It was me and I spoke to him directly a week last Monday so not sure what's happened yet.

I know the guy Chris who is taking over his teaching academy.

Guess he got a better offer.

5 minutes ago, Eggybreadlad said:

Gibson deal stuck because currently he’s on £40k a week - 1st July his contract will reduce to £20k making a deal much more likely and affordable 

why would that be a sticking point when its poised to go down, not like that would stop anything. if both clubs were keen they would odds on just book the transfer in to start after his wage drop

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Eggybreadlad said:

Gibson deal stuck because currently he’s on £40k a week - 1st July his contract will reduce to £20k making a deal much more likely and affordable 

I appreciate info passed but looking at your previous posts about transfers Clarke Salter Vydra Whiteman etc none of them have been true. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Eggybreadlad said:

Absolute nonsense. Doesn't even come close to making sense. We wouldn't be negotiating off a wage that didn't apply to the period in question.

23 minutes ago, Eggybreadlad said:

Complete poppycock!

So what you are saying is the sticking point is 1 weeks wages, possibly 2? 🤣

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?