oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Whether Juninho23 is or isn't who he claims he is or accused of being surely he should be allowed to post until such times as he does or says something unacceptable. No doubt the usual suspects will be wetting themselves with glee if he does indeed turn out to be a pain which is sadder still.

This forum should be representative of all things Boro, daft kids posting nonsense, old farts posting nonsense, excitable posters exclaiming their Boro till I die credentials, erudite posters, witty posters, lurking posters, posters whose escape from sad reality is here, posters who love to revel in intellectual debate, posters who perhaps didn't get straight "A's" and struggle to use paragraphs or know there from their and everything in between and much more. Elitism isn't a good look no matter which way it's wrapped up.

In most cases we don't know what posters individual situations are and what they may be going through privately. Some are no doubt strong and highly opinionated and dish out as good as they get but no doubt there will be many (probably lurking) lacking confidence in fear of bullying by the mob even if "humorous" pretentiousness less than subtly masks it.

Maybe Juninho23 is Juno10 and multiple other past usernames, maybe he misses contributing, maybe he has realised his past mistakes (there are some on here who have been banned and come back if not perhaps contrite at least better game players) and wants to start again, maybe not. If he is intending on being mischievous at least this time thus far his contributions have been both accurate and valuable. Innocent until proven guilty, live and let live and less Judge, Jury and Executioners please.

• Like 16
17 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Whether Juninho23 is or isn't who he claims he is or accused of being surely he should be allowed to post until such times as he does or says something unacceptable. No doubt the usual suspects will be wetting themselves with glee if he does indeed turn out to be a pain which is sadder still.

This forum should be representative of all things Boro, daft kids posting nonsense, old farts posting nonsense, excitable posters exclaiming their Boro till I die credentials, erudite posters, witty posters, lurking posters, posters whose escape from sad reality is here, posters who love to revel in intellectual debate, posters who perhaps didn't get straight "A's" and struggle to use paragraphs or know there from their and everything in between and much more. Elitism isn't a good look no matter which way it's wrapped up.

In most cases we don't know what posters individual situations are and what they may be going through privately. Some are no doubt strong and highly opinionated and dish out as good as they get but no doubt there will be many (probably lurking) lacking confidence in fear of bullying by the mob even if "humorous" pretentiousness less than subtly masks it.

Maybe Juninho23 is Juno10 and multiple other past usernames, maybe he misses contributing, maybe he has realised his past mistakes (there are some on here who have been banned and come back if not perhaps contrite at least better game players) and wants to start again, maybe not. If he is intending on being mischievous at least this time thus far his contributions have been both accurate and valuable. Innocent until proven guilty, live and let live and less Judge, Jury and Executioners please.

I think this is a good place to leave it now and get back to the good stuff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I think this is a good place to leave it now and get back to the good stuff

He called us all plebs and we sunk to his level 😭

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Just looked at Giles's underlying stats to see what happened in the second half of the season. His key passes did drop from 2.4 to 1.5 per 90. On the face of it, this is a big drop, however 2.4 is absolutely insane. Our best over the season was Tav with 1.5. our next best Jones on 1.1. so it seems like most of the struggle was putting away the chances he created. 

The drop was more to do with the fact that he wasn't crossing the ball as much.  The high key passes figure comes from the fact he crossed the ball more than any other player in the league, and by quite a big margin - he made 3 crosses per game, the next highest was 2.2. Now, while he was at Cardiff I imagine he was encouraged to do just that given their strikers, and they did have one of the highest cross totals in the league.  At Blackburn however it became 1.6 crosses per game, with 1.5 key passes.  The previous season figures were 1.2 and 0.9 at Coventry, and 1.5 and 0.6 at Rotherham.  If our intention is going to be to cross the ball early and often then it'll suit him down to the ground but I'm not sure if that will be our plan.  It doesn't feel like what we've seen so far under Wilder anyway but that could be something that Wilder is looking to change of course.

I'm not trying to rain on a parade here.  The kid clearly has loads of potential.  But he's had one truly effective half season in the last two seasons, and that's really it.  I would suspect he'll be asked to do more here than he was at Cardiff, just hitting cross after cross won't do. He'll need to play more, and think more while he's doing it.  Defensively he is virtually non-existent as well, and given the fans treatment of certain other players here, he could end up getting grief for that side of things.  I hope not like but it happens unfortunately.

3 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

A Juninho related user name isn’t that unlikely on a Boro forum though is it?

There was an unnecessary pile-on when all the guy was doing was providing everyone with the very information they were craving. 

All join on!  All join on!  If you see Juninho then kick him up his bum! 😮

That's what I say, anyway.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, TLF10 said:

With all respect I think most will treat you as ITK if you provide actual ITK info. Saying Giles was training with us is not ITK. Its just saying something on top of what was known already.

Its like me coming on here and saying “been told Lenihan deal should be confirmed in soon”

However, if you want to start Juninho fan club. Holla at me. 

RAF said last night that someone was in for a medical but didn't give a name, and we had signed someone but didn't give a name, and then mentioned some other players we've been linked to already, and every bugger was swooning over him.  Maybe he isn't ITK either by that logic?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Nope...  nothing to do with Irishwomen....  

A few years after the film, saw the "Pub landlady" (Lila Kaye) in a production of Nicholas Nickleby" in London. one of our bunch had to drop out due to a very bad incident (later recovered) but during intervals cast mixed with audience, so we asked them to sign a programme for her.  When I spoke to Lila, after abut twenty seconds, she said "I know where you are from, I was born there..  boring but true

And there was me worried that the heat would keep me from sleeping tonight but I think this story will do the trick 😴😉

2 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

The pull Chris Wilder has in the game compared to our previous managers will be night and day. It will be instrumental in attracting the better players this window, make no doubt about it.

Lots of money might help as well.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The drop was more to do with the fact that he wasn't crossing the ball as much.  The high key passes figure comes from the fact he crossed the ball more than any other player in the league, and by quite a big margin - he made 3 crosses per game, the next highest was 2.2. Now, while he was at Cardiff I imagine he was encouraged to do just that given their strikers, and they did have one of the highest cross totals in the league.  At Blackburn however it became 1.6 crosses per game, with 1.5 key passes.  The previous season figures were 1.2 and 0.9 at Coventry, and 1.5 and 0.6 at Rotherham.  If our intention is going to be to cross the ball early and often then it'll suit him down to the ground but I'm not sure if that will be our plan.  It doesn't feel like what we've seen so far under Wilder anyway but that could be something that Wilder is looking to change of course.

I'm not trying to rain on a parade here.  The kid clearly has loads of potential.  But he's had one truly effective half season in the last two seasons, and that's really it.  I would suspect he'll be asked to do more here than he was at Cardiff, just hitting cross after cross won't do. He'll need to play more, and think more while he's doing it.  Defensively he is virtually non-existent as well, and given the fans treatment of certain other players here, he could end up getting grief for that side of things.  I hope not like but it happens unfortunately.

Could a drop in chances created/key passed be down to him taking corners at Cardiff and not elsewhere? Tav's chance creation is massively boosted by set pieces for example. 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?