oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

19 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Yeah, all he mentioned was a large upfront loan fee which we won't be paying for Gayle.

I can't see who else it can be other than Armstrong that we'd be willing to pay a large upfront loan fee.

I'm assuming by large he'll mean £1.5m-£2.0m.

Ben Gibson?

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Did some digging because I remember reading about it:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19845339.middlesbrough-head-football-kieran-scott-riverside-role/

Here's what he says about his role:

“In terms of signing a player, my role really comes in right at the end, and that’s the deal. Of course, I need to see the players and agree they’re right for the club and that the manager is on board, but the shortlisting and scouting, and the early part of the work, is done by the recruitment team underneath."

So is that just incomings then, and Bausor deals with outgoings perhaps?

16 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I mentioned that we are pushing hard for Armstrong, he's keen to come.

Agent was up for talks last week. Covering full wages plus a £1million which further adds on if we reach play offs or get promoted. Scott is pulling a blinder financially in some of tge deals we are offering.

What I find strange is Bausor is involved in spence negotiations and not keiron Scott.

On gayle I was told it didnt move past enquiry stage but I'm sure someone said on here that its progressed since, so I may be out the loop on that deal.

Yeah, you did. He's on £53,000 a week wages which is madness if we're covering full wages.

Although, we did offer to pay £40,000 a week wages towards Dean Henderson so we're clearly prepared to pay a large amount of wages to secure marquee signings. We did pay a large amount of wages for Balogun too. 

We seem to be being smart and we've had a large amount of wages removed in recent seasons. But of course, you worry that we're going to go for it massively this summer and it needs to pay off.

18 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I mentioned that we are pushing hard for Armstrong, he's keen to come.

Agent was up for talks last week. Covering full wages plus a £1million which further adds on if we reach play offs or get promoted. Scott is pulling a blinder financially in some of tge deals we are offering.

What I find strange is Bausor is involved in spence negotiations and not keiron Scott.

On gayle I was told it didnt move past enquiry stage but I'm sure someone said on here that its progressed since, so I may be out the loop on that deal.

Do you know if there was ever anything in Joao digger? There were some initial rumours then nothing further. Only wondering as most of the other striker rumours seem to have something behind them. 

3 minutes ago, tmcc said:

im not sure that the strikers were ineffective, they worked well as part of the team, they finished 10th that season. strikers in Wilders's sides are more than goals, he asks more out of them than any other position on the pitch. Its why he has goes with 3 strikers as he will almost always sub both of them off at some point.

They were ineffective in that they weren't scoring many goals.  I don't believe for a second that Wilder's sides are more than goals.  I think that is said because they did ok in one season in the Premier League without anyone scoring many - their top scorer had 6 goals that season.  I don't believe it's part of some tactical masterplan however.  If any of their strikers had been scoring more regularly then they'd have stayed in the team, exactly as happened the season before as I've already pointed out.  I'm pretty sure that Wilder has just said that you need your top two strikers to be bagging about 40 goals between them, and you're not getting that from strikers who are regularly rotated.  That is Billy Sharp and David McGoldrick in Sheff Utd's promotion season, and he's looking for the same thing for us this season.

7 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Ben Gibson?

He's not a Premier League player. I also wouldn't pay £1.5m-£2.0m loan fee for Gibson. He's not good enough to command that sort of loan fee. I'm pretty sure we'll pick him up next summer with a year left on his contract.

4 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Yeah, you did. He's on £53,000 a week wages which is madness if we're covering full wages.

Although, we did offer to pay £40,000 a week wages towards Dean Henderson so we're clearly prepared to pay a large amount of wages to secure marquee signings. We did pay a large amount of wages for Balogun too. 

We seem to be being smart and we've had a large amount of wages removed in recent seasons. But of course, you worry that we're going to go for it massively this summer and it needs to pay off.

Id be shocked if Armstrong is on that much. 

I don't think we'd be offering to match that level of wages, even the Henderson report was unconfirmed. But if we were willing to pay that much it would have been due to his status as a top level goalkeeper. 

Armstrong is a successful champion goalscorer, who has had 1 poor season in the prem. No was do we offer (or should we offer ) to cover his full wages. 

28 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

I can see Spurs looking elsewhere. Levy is not a man who likes to be dictated to. He would cut off his nose to spite his face- no problem 

True, but neither is Conte. If he is really set on Spence, he won’t be happy with Levy refusing to pay what other clubs have offered. Levy holds the purse strings, but I think Conte is in a much stronger position that previous Spurs managers - Levy won’t want to really cheese him off over a couple of million. Might be different if we were being unreasonable in the fee we were asking, but you would assume Conte hasn’t been put off by the asking price or he would be telling Spurs ot move quickly to his other options.

26 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

"Strange window so far. A couple of deals agreed with clubs done but waiting for spence money to complete them one a big loan but an upfront fee." - so one of the deals is a loan with a big fee (Armstrong?) the other could be Gyorkeres?

"1 player signed but won’t be announced until after return from holiday (lenihan).

There was indeed a medical today not heard the outcome though? (Giles)

Don’t rule out extra out goings though. Could be big window this!"

How I've interpreted his comments. No mention of Gayle until today.

Looks spot on too me.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

He's not a Premier League player. I also wouldn't pay £1.5m-£2.0m loan fee for Gibson. He's not good enough to command that sort of loan fee. I'm pretty sure we'll pick him up next summer with a year left on his contract.

There was no mention of a premier league player in the post I replied to. I would not be shocked if we paid a high loan fee to get him back this season and buy him the next.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?