oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Payero was homesick at times last season. 18 months back in South America, come back when he's 25 and perhaps more prepared - if that's the deal, we clearly see a player there worth investing in and not getting shot of, but equally understand that his development might be better suited on loan until he gets his head straight. It *could* be a masterstroke. It *could* be a disaster. Only time would tell (if true, of course)

But, if we are considering McNair a DM option, we still have 2 for each midfield position:

DM - McNair / Howson
CM - Tavernier / Boyd-Munce
CM - Crooks / McGree

I'd like more depth, but not a disaster.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Payero was homesick at times last season. 18 months back in South America, come back when he's 25 and perhaps more prepared - if that's the deal, we clearly see a player there worth investing in and not getting shot of, but equally understand that his development might be better suited on loan until he gets his head straight. It *could* be a masterstroke. It *could* be a disaster. Only time would tell (if true, of course)

But, if we are considering McNair a DM option, we still have 2 for each midfield position:

DM - McNair / Howson
CM - Tavernier / Boyd-Munce
CM - Crooks / McGree

I'd like more depth, but not a disaster.

McGree was a bit pants on the right

1 minute ago, notjade said:

McGree was a bit pants on the right

Tbf, I've not done it as in depth as that with who's on what side. Just bodies. Couldn't be arsed to do anything more detailed. 😂🙃

1 hour ago, "KM" said:

I don’t get this overreaction around Martin Payero. It hasn’t worked out for him the way we would have liked but there’s no need to have a dig at Wilder or Boro about it. This isn’t going to stop us taking risks in the future and it’s not going to put players off from joining us.

Hopefully it might make the chairman rethink his gift buying policy.

Why is it when we sign someone we “definitely” didn’t pay the reported transfer fee and it’s made up of wages and fees and clauses.

Yet when we sell we definitely get the report fee?

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Hopefully it might make the chairman rethink his gift buying policy.

Why is it when we sign someone we “definitely” didn’t pay the reported transfer fee and it’s made up of wages and fees and clauses.

Yet when we sell we definitely get the report fee?

Because the South American press reported the fee differently to how we do over here and included his wages over the entire length of the contract in the fee, which I believe was $6m in total.

The Payero thing I’m happy about, Wilder needs players he can communicate with.  Communicating with someone that does not know the language is not going to be easy.

Ive hardly seen him play so it’s no loss, it’s football.  Players come and go don’t they, we’ve had players in the past that have been crap and we all wanted them to be brilliant.

bad business, get a good pin fee, wages covered and move to the next one.

Not overly bothered by Payero leaving, he'll go back and do well at Boca.

I think McNair in that RCM spot with a bit of coaching could work well, under Woodgate he showed promise as a box to box midfielder he just needed to have a better end product. 

Part of why I'm not happy with McGoldrick is IF we got him, Gayle and Armstrong in none of them are likely to be here next season and we'll be in the same position with our forwards next summer we're supposed to be looking at long term planning as a club but getting those three in on their wages for 1 season is not great business. 

I'd rather we sign players under 30 and to long term contracts where possible not a massive fan of putting most of the budget on these short term dice rolls. 

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Maybe Wilder is going to move McNair back into CM (where he is much better) now that Lenihan has come in? Frees up Payero to move on and make some $$$ back.

Rather have Payero in midfield than Paddy. He is rubbish there. Pretty crap at the back as well. I would punt him as he would be no loss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
46 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I just feel we are giving up on the lad before he got the chance to truly show what he is capable of. As the few minutes he did play for us he looked to have so much skill and technique  

I totally get it from a fan perspective. But Wilder's the one he needed to convince - and he clearly hasn't. 

• Like 1

McGoldrick had a hand in a goal more often than any of our strikers last season and will be a lot cheaper. He's getting on but we've seen how older strikers who were never blessed with pace can carry on. Wouldn't be opposed. 

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?