oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

£8m is figure I heard.

Got to make you wonder what exactly our valuation is then if we're supposedly miles off because I don't think £8m sounds entirely unreasonable.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Darlow in by the end of next week

Club pushing hard to get Armstrong and Hamza Choudhury in

Trying to get Gyokores on a permanent still but we're way off Coventry's valuation.

That's all pretty common knowledge or at least widespread rumours in the press.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, edinboro said:

God forbid it was Juninho writing that post…otherwise DZ would be banned.

People were going at him for being vague and posting rumours which were already common knowledge 😂

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, edinboro said:

It certainly is, I've just had it confirmed though. 

If Coventry won't budge I'd like to see us move on, £8m is way too much for a player who's had one good season.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If Coventry won't budge I'd like to see us move on, £8m is way too much for a player who's had one good season.

Do you know coventry’s asking price then? Is the £8-10m quote accurate?

2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Do you know coventry’s asking price then? Is the £8-10m quote accurate?

Just read an article saying Besiktas were apparently quoted €10m or about £8.5m. No idea whether the same would apply to us. They could well be arsey and say they want more to sell to a rival.

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Remember when fans of other teams hated us for ‘buying the league’ cos strachan spent £9m that summer lol, crazy how far the championship has come since then. I don’t think £8m is that crazy a fee, specially when players like waghorn have gone for £6m.

I’m not that up to date anymore with football, just never got back into the habit after warnock and pulis and then covid killed a lot of my interest so I’m not sure what kind of striker Gyokeres is. But from what I remember Gayle and Armstrong seem similar in style, so I’d imagine it would be gyokeres plus Armstrong with Gayle on the bench.

As for mcgoldrick I’ve always kind of liked him, I wanted him when he left Ipswich but he was dismissed as too old then and he went on to have a great season. Not expecting him to repeat that, but he’s an intelligent player, he can score and create and I think he’s decent at set pieces aswell iirc. Don’t see the issue getting him in as a cheap back up who won’t be demanding starts etc.

I really don’t want to be paying over 8mill for Gyokores. Even at 8mill I’m a bit undecided. That probably is his market value at the moment, but he’s only had one good season. I actually think he’s been excellent this year but there’s just not that guarantee he can do it again. But then again you could say that about any signing. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JTG said:

Just read an article saying Besiktas were apparently quoted €10m or about £8.5m. No idea whether the same would apply to us. They could well be arsey and say they want more to sell to a rival.

My guess is that they want 8m plus add ons, and we're offering 5-6m with add ons 

1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

Remember when fans of other teams hated us for ‘buying the league’ cos strachan spent £9m that summer lol, crazy how far the championship has come since then. I don’t think £8m is that crazy a fee, specially when players like waghorn have gone for £6m.

Was just going to say I really don't think £8m is that unreasonable. It's probably the going rate. We were seemingly prepared to spend £6m last summer on Rodrigo Muniz who had only made a handful of appearances in Brazil.

Just now, JTG said:

Was just going to say I really don't think £8m is that unreasonable. It's probably the going rate. We were seemingly prepared to spend £6m last summer on Rodrigo Muniz who had only made a handful of appearances in Brazil.

I’d be surprised if we haven’t taken another look at Muniz, by all accounts did well when he got on the pitch but obviously nobody could’ve took Mitrovic’s place last season 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?