oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Bizarre comment, Gyokeres was the best striker last season that didn't achieve promotion (mention to Piroe and Adebayo too). He would be an excellent signing, my only concern is that last year he was playing in a really good to watch Coventry side with lots of clever link up play - if we play like we did last season I wouldn't expect him to get so many chances. If we could get him for 8m and Armstrong on loan I would be thrilled.

Why is it ‘bizarre’ lol? As I said I could only find his goals video so not totally fair, from that he didn’t look the most technically gifted and looks like he makes up for it with aggression. Joao is a better footballer.

3 minutes ago, JTG said:

Any transfer is inherently a risk though. There's no such thing as a proven player. We spent 25m on Assombalonga and Rhodes and look how well that went.

We got exactly what we bought with Britt. it was just fans expectation that he would suddenly become a 20+ goal a season striker which he never was.

5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Also I don’t always trust when fans of clubs like Coventry hype over a player, no disrespect but they probably don’t see many good ones, so when they get a half decent player he will look amazing to them. Just look at how forest fans worshipped britt and he was just a decent player, no more no less.

West Ham fans saying the same about us and Jones

Hopefully anyways, I'm worried about that link me would be a nightmare to replace

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

We got exactly what we bought with Britt. it was just fans expectation that he would suddenly become a 20+ goal a season striker which he never was.

Was his all round play for me, bang average at most things apart from cutting in from the left and shooting.

2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Ffs he’s a Coventry striker who’s had a good season not barcas #9

Tbf mate I don’t know how you can say coburn isn’t far behind him in ability. Coburns only young and scored some good goals but his build up play was non existent. 

I can only really go off that game he played against us and I remember asking my mate who he was because he looked class, the only time I remember saying it all season. I know you can’t just go off one game but you can see he is good with the ball at his feet. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, macapes said:

What? He's neither proven or cheap is the issue.

Get in early and pay little, with a risk it fails.  Or pay a lot for a proven option.

Or, as is the case here, get in late, pay a lot for a not proven risk.

Thing is if you really want a proven goal scorer who’s at a semi decent age you’ll be paying upwards of £15-20mill. We obviously can’t do that.

The other option is to try and sign the next Gyokores or whoever it may be for £1-2mill, a far riskier option, and certainly more likely to fail. 

Gyokores is in the middle. He’s had a good season, and he’s a good age. 8-10mill is probably a fair market value for him at the moment. Mentioned earlier, that if he does have another good season with us his value would probably double. 

It’s a fine margin and we simply can’t say if it’s a good deal or bad deal until we see his numbers at the end of this season.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Tbf mate I don’t know how you can say coburn isn’t far behind him in ability. Coburns only young and scored some good goals but his build up play was non existent. 

Spot on with this for me mate, would love for him to get a full season at a decent League 1 side

Potential is there for sure 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

Just similar styles, Coburn is 5 years younger and shown he can handle himself at this level already and hopefully will only improve. He’s shown glimpses that he’s positionally aware and when he gets a good chance he often takes it. He’s got the physical strength already.

1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Coburn not far off Gyökeres... Wow 😂 

Coburn is getting massively over hyped, he's a good finisher but needs to go out on loan not ready for a promotion push.

If we get Armstrong, Gayle and Joao (my preferred choice) then Coburn wouldn’t need to be ‘ready’ for a promotion push.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?