oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Very happy with this signing. Learning from pep and ederson every day in training surely be good. USA #1 keeper, fits wilders style of play and an absolute unit. Get some strikers in, and cover players. Then I will start getting excited, can’t help but get the feeling something is getting built here. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Guffie said:

Very happy with this signing. Learning from pep and ederson every day in training surely be good. USA #1 keeper, fits wilders style of play and an absolute unit. Get some strikers in, and cover players. Then I will start getting excited, can’t help but get the feeling something is getting built here. 

Agree. And more than anything looking forward to shouting USA when Steffen makes a good save 

• Haha 6
2 hours ago, DevKWat said:

People saying no are definitely the ones who saw his only mistake in the FA cup semi against Liverpool 

I have to say I am underwhelmed compared to most on here. I will admit I have only seen snippets from his time with Man City when he has played. Clearly my judgement is limited to not a lot of game time. He really did have a mare v Liverpool. He looked everything I felt on Lumley. He was slow reacting to their first goal, made a half hearted attempt from what I remember, the second was absolutely pathetic, and he showed far too much goal at the near post on the third. That save compilation made me giggle, only 2, possibly 3 were really good saves, the rest were routine, nothing out of the ordinary and he even did a Lumley v Posh tackle way out of his box. I am sure he will be an upgrade, but I hoped for better. I hoped for Iversen, but fear Darlow would have been better and I didn’t want him.

Positives:

Tall

Sweeper Keeper

Been under Pep

International (albeit USA)

Loan, so can send back after a year if he is poor or look to buy if he proves himself worthy.

upgrade on Lumley in theory

Negatives:

Puncher rather than catcher

Slow to React from what I’ve seen to date

Pep clearly feels he needs a better number 2

I saw that Liverpool game and took the p*** out of my City supporting friend asking him if Steffen was Joe Lumley’s American cousin, he was not amused.

I have just had a text from him a few minutes ago that reads: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I suspect I’m in for a torrid time at the pub on Friday 🤦🏻

Lets hope thats where the torrid times end.

The Gazette and The Northern Echo are saying it’s not quite as close as initial reports were saying but we are working hard to get the deal done. 

3 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

I have to say I am underwhelmed compared to most on here. I will admit I have only seen snippets from his time with Man City when he has played. Clearly my judgement is limited to not a lot of game time. He really did have a mare v Liverpool. He looked everything I felt on Lumley. He was slow reacting to their first goal, made a half hearted attempt from what I remember, the second was absolutely pathetic, and he showed far too much goal at the near post on the third. That save compilation made me giggle, only 2, possibly 3 were really good saves, the rest were routine, nothing out of the ordinary and he even did a Lumley v Posh tackle way out of his box. I am sure he will be an upgrade, but I hoped for better. I hoped for Iversen, but fear Darlow would have been better and I didn’t want him.

Positives:

Tall

Sweeper Keeper

Been under Pep

International (albeit USA)

Loan, so can send back after a year if he is poor or look to buy if he proves himself worthy.

upgrade on Lumley in theory

Negatives:

Puncher rather than catcher

Slow to React from what I’ve seen to date

Pep clearly feels he needs a better number 2

I saw that Liverpool game and took the p*** out of my City supporting friend asking him if Steffen was Joe Lumley’s American cousin, he was not amused.

I have just had a text from him a few minutes ago that reads: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I suspect I’m in for a torrid time at the pub on Friday 🤦🏻

Lets hope thats where the torrid times end.

I mean he’s been capped for USA nearly 30 times. Joe Lumley isn’t in the same league. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?