oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

27 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Chuba should be gone in next few days.... Maybe we are waiting to shift spence and some strikers before making our moves?

Pushing hard in negotiations for Armstrong. Southampton want a replacement in first which may force us to look elsewhere as ideally we want 2 strikers in before Portugal trip.

Player keen to come.

I’m surprised there’s been no noise regarding Uche yet, I thought a plethora of L1 teams would be after him to be honest. Perfect replacement for Smith at Rotherham. 

I think it’s make or break for Payero the next few weeks, pretty obvious from Wilders comments recently that’s it him that needs to show it in training. End of Portugal trip I think Wilder will have made his mind up. 

Steffen to be announced before Bishop on Saturday? Also McGoldrick? 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I’m surprised there’s been no noise regarding Uche yet, I thought a plethora of L1 teams would be after him to be honest. Perfect replacement for Smith at Rotherham. 

I think it’s make or break for Payero the next few weeks, pretty obvious from Wilders comments recently that’s it him that needs to show it in training. End of Portugal trip I think Wilder will have made his mind up. 

Steffen to be announced before Bishop on Saturday? Also McGoldrick? 

3 managers of varying styles and ability didn't want him near their starting lineup this season... He's probably on decent championship wages so L1 clubs will probably come in looking for a bargain at the end of the window when were more desperate to get rid.

The full translation of that Payero in the Gazette today is a lot more encouraging about him wanting to stay and fight for his place.

Obviously not just down to him, but I'd like him to prove himself.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

3 managers of varying styles and ability didn't want him near their starting lineup this season... He's probably on decent championship wages so L1 clubs will probably come in looking for a bargain at the end of the window when were more desperate to get rid.

not quite true.

At Cardiff, if Hugill was fit, he would start. Cardiff fans like Uce

Also, according to Warnock, Uche is one of the lowest paid players in the first team.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Then again he did OK at Cardiff and hasn't been all that bad in the Championship so I thought it would be relatively easy to offload him to another smaller Championship club in the bottom half. Same with Hall but it wouldn't surprise if he's on too big wages for smaller teams. We brought him in on a free so if we really want rid we are likely ready to just give him away, although we might need a fee to pay him off.

He started one game for Cardiff and he got dragged off at half time... People are clouded by the fact he scored a couple of goals off the bench at the very start of his spell, he had a stinker overall.. he won't be playing championship football next season, been saying it all year - not unless he's sat on a bench for a couple of mins here and there. 

On 6/20/2022 at 3:12 PM, Foogle said:

Iverson on loan or Darlow on a permanent would be very happy with either.

Won't preten

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He started one game for Cardiff and he got dragged off at half time... People are clouded by the fact he scored a couple of goals off the bench at the very start of his spell, he had a stinker overall.. he won't be playing championship football next season, been saying it all year - not unless he's sat on a bench for a couple of mins here and there. 

So how many strikers are we looking to bring in?

d to know much about Liam Roberts but there is a video of some saves, looks like he's got some good reactions on him, but looks like a better level of striker may be able to send him the wrong way on some of those 1v1s.

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Chuba should be gone in next few days.... Maybe we are waiting to shift spence and some strikers before making our moves?

Pushing hard in negotiations for Armstrong. Southampton want a replacement in first which may force us to look elsewhere as ideally we want 2 strikers in before Portugal trip.

Player keen to come.

the player is keen to come. thats really promising. he could sit on the bench or drop a level and play. loads of these kids now would take easy street and sit on the bench all year for easy money. always liked him as a player. if we get him he'll score loads.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The full translation of that Payero in the Gazette today is a lot more encouraging about him wanting to stay and fight for his place.

Obviously not just down to him, but I'd like him to prove himself.

As long as he's fully committed in training, I see no reason why he won't be given a chance in pre-season. Remember, it's Chris Wilder and others at the club who see these players every day, if they're bombed out of the club there's probably a good reason.

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Player keen to come.

Gyokeres Armstrong and Gayle would be a scarily good strike force 

• Like 2

How have Spurs managed to get the Richarlison deal done so quickly with personal terms already agreed and just a matter of time before a deal is agreed between the two clubs. Whereas they’ve been trying to get Spence all summer? Either they aren’t serious about Spence or they were trying to get him for as cheap as they can because we are a championship club. 

4 minutes ago, "KM" said:

How have Spurs managed to get the Richarlison deal done so quickly with personal terms already agreed and just a matter of time before a deal is agreed between the two clubs. Whereas they’ve been trying to get Spence all summer? Either they aren’t serious about Spence or they were trying to get him for as cheap as they can because we are a championship club. 

Everton fall foul of FFP on July 1st which is tomorrow. If they don’t sell by midnight tonight they were facing serious sanctions. It’s a completely different situation to Spence 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Everton fall foul of FFP on July 1st which is tomorrow. If they don’t sell by midnight tonight they were facing serious sanctions. It’s a completely different situation to Spence 

Ah fair enough didn’t know about that. Everton will probably still be in deep trouble next season with Lampard still in charge and now their best player gone.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Probably because Richarlison is a proven quality and brazil international so Spurs are just stumping up what everton are asking while Spence is an unproven championship player that we are valueing very high, so of course Spurs are trying to negotiate. Also both Boro and and Spurs are aware that he is still on holiday and won't be back anyway before next week, so I imagine both clubs will get it done early next week so Spence can join up with Spurs immediately.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?