oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

8 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I think this forum needs to remember that opinions are mostly within the grey scale and not just black and white...

No they're definitely not 

• Haha 3
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

5 hours ago, DocMartin said:

Mainly because Steffen is worse mate, you will see. How often you seen him? So much carp talked on here from people i doubt seen him much. You also ignore my Iversen comment 🤷‍♂️

I like how other people aren't allowed a view on Steffen because they haven't seen him enough, but you're okay to have the view that's he's worse than another keeper, having presumably seen the same amount of him. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

I like how other people aren't allowed a view on Steffen because they haven't seen him enough, but you're okay to have the view that's he's worse than another keeper, having presumably seen the same amount of him. 

he might be right. we do sign duffers. no need to get defensive with players we sign if someone says they are tosh. if he turns out lumly mk2 are you going to blindly defend the lad all season even though they are actually terrible. haha

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

he might be right. we do sign duffers. no need to get defensive with players we sign if someone says they are tosh. if he turns out lumly mk2 are you going to blindly defend the lad all season even though they are actually terrible. haha

Or he might be wrong. How about we back the lad and give him a chance before we slag him off.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

What a weird question. If he turns out to be Randolph mk2 will you still continue to slate him even though he is magnificent?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, LBP said:

Burnley in for O'Hare, could affect us and Gyokeres if Cov sell him and Hamer you'd think we'd have to pay more for VG

I doubt they'd be willing to sell all three to be honest, I reckon two max. It would be like us selling Tav Fry, and Jones all in one window. The fans would be up in arms.

9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Stop making things up! Where have I said people are not allowed a view on Steffen? That is right I haven’t. 

It would be fair to say I am questioning some peoples ott judgement that he is a quality keeper based on their no doubt limited tv viewings.

I have already stated earlier in this thread that my view of him is based on my limited viewings, so I have already been clear on that. However, I have seen him in those games been responsible for goals conceded, look dodgy on crosses  and have rushes of blood to the head, dally on the ball etc. He looks like a premier league Lumley to me from what I have seen and a City supporting friend sent me lots of laughing emoji’s on hearing the link. 

It is true I have seen far more of Karius, it is also true that he has had some dodgy times too in games one very high profile match in particular. However, I have seen far more of Karius and witnessed him have some very good games too, for Mainz, Liverpool and a trusted friend spoke very highly of him at a Besiktas game. Hence why I think Karius would be less of a risk than Steffen, neither offers a guarantee though.

Do I think it possible Steffen will be a good signing, no, I don’t. Could he be a good signing, yes of course he could. Any signing could be a success or a failure or anywhere in between. Have I said I want Karius at Middlesbrough? No I haven’t, I said I want Iversen, a proven top performing Championship keeper. However, signing him as any other player is not a guarantee of future success, signing a player, any player is a risk. I was critical of the Darlow link, but would take him over Steffen too. I hope that clarifies my view. Time will tell if any of us are right or wrong, we are all speculating and judging based on all sorts of data we have personally interpreted, some of it is very limited indeed. I think someone said something like you don’t get to play around 30 games for the USA and be a bad goalie, well I give you Brad Guzan who played around 60 I think, how well did people take to him?

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

Nobody  does that do they? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Borodane said:

What a weird question. If he turns out to be Randolph mk2 will you still continue to slate him even though he is magnificent?

i haven't slated him at all. never seen him play. but if someone has seen him and give an opinion then we should accept it and move on. no need to oppose it because you dont agree. it is what it is.

i was more referencing last season. i recognized a player was not up to standard the first time i saw him and voiced my opinion. others like NB got quite defensive because{we need to give the lad a chance}. which i normally do myself as is a fair view, which we should always do. i get as defensive over our players as anyone. but this guy was so bad i felt i had to express my discontent with him.

i think everyone is entitled to an opinion and if people dont agree then it can create a divide and cause needless arguments. you know the ones were we all try and show we are right lol. 

i just dont want NB and others like him getting riled up again over a new player being called out as a dud. he might well be. i'll give my opinion when i see him. the real bad ones are pretty obvious. especially in goal. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Stop making things up! Where have I said people are not allowed a view on Steffen? That is right I haven’t. 

It would be fair to say I am questioning some peoples ott judgement that he is a quality keeper based on their no doubt limited tv viewings.

I have already stated earlier in this thread that my view of him is based on my limited viewings, so I have already been clear on that. However, I have seen him in those games been responsible for goals conceded, look dodgy on crosses  and have rushes of blood to the head, dally on the ball etc. He looks like a premier league Lumley to me from what I have seen and a City supporting friend sent me lots of laughing emoji’s on hearing the link. 

It is true I have seen far more of Karius, it is also true that he has had some dodgy times too in games one very high profile match in particular. However, I have seen far more of Karius and witnessed him have some very good games too, for Mainz, Liverpool and a trusted friend spoke very highly of him at a Besiktas game. Hence why I think Karius would be less of a risk than Steffen, neither offers a guarantee though.

Do I think it possible Steffen will be a good signing, no, I don’t. Could he be a good signing, yes of course he could. Any signing could be a success or a failure or anywhere in between. Have I said I want Karius at Middlesbrough? No I haven’t, I said I want Iversen, a proven top performing Championship keeper. However, signing him as any other player is not a guarantee of future success, signing a player, any player is a risk. I was critical of the Darlow link, but would take him over Steffen too. I hope that clarifies my view. Time will tell if any of us are right or wrong, we are all speculating and judging based on all sorts of data we have personally interpreted, some of it is very limited indeed. I think someone said something like you don’t get to play around 30 games for the USA and be a bad goalie, well I give you Brad Guzan who played around 60 I think, how well did people take to him?

"Mainly because Steffen is worse mate, you will see. How often you seen him? So much carp talked on here from people i doubt seen him much. "

You've criticised him and then called out people for having an opinion on him when they haven't seen enough of him. Yet you've formed an opinion on what you've seen of him. You don't see the hypocrisy?

• Like 1

I really hope we sign Steffen tomorrow. We could really do with a top quality GK marshalling our defence. Going up as champions with him in goal 💪

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?