oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Tom said:

Why do you think that?

I know the question wasn't meant for me but I don't think Spence will be at Rockliffe today. He doesn't want to be here and we don't want him here. 

Its probably best for everyone concerned if he stays away until the deal gets done, coming back here to train benefits no one. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 5:09 PM, DurhamRed said:

Hope we add clauses to the spence deal of 

5 million if called up to England 

5 miion if win a trophy 

3 million after 50 apprences etc, 

if win a trophy? we got more chance of that than spurs

On 6/30/2022 at 6:12 PM, "KM" said:

The Joe Lumley effect. 

now we know who recommended him to reading, lumley been sussed during training already

• Haha 1
On 6/30/2022 at 10:08 PM, Foogle said:

So if tomorrow is the reset on most teams financial years, do we reckon the transfers will start flying? Teams will be free of some FFP constraints. 

don't usually work that way as most clubs amortise the players fees and player as an asset over the length of their contract. so you may spend say 10m on a player and give a 5 year contract so they usually booked 2m per year to each years accounts, so they would do the same and book the costs to their accounts like that even if bought before july.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Is anyone sat in the Rockcliffe bushes to snap Spence if he returns? 

I know we're desperate for him to never play for us again, but surely breaking his ankles is a bit harsh?

• Haha 5
21 minutes ago, Duvel said:
44 minutes ago, Tom said:

Why do you think that?

I know the question wasn't meant for me but I don't think Spence will be at Rockliffe today. He doesn't want to be here and we don't want him here. 

Its probably best for everyone concerned if he stays away until the deal gets done, coming back here to train benefits no one. 

And that's fair enough, and makes a degree of sense. But him staying away or training alone with the blessing of the club is one thing, but the comment was that he'd go AWOL to try to force a move. I just wondered what the reasoning behind that was.

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

don't usually work that way as most clubs amortise the players fees and player as an asset over the length of their contract. so you may spend say 10m on a player and give a 5 year contract so they usually booked 2m per year to each years accounts, so they would do the same and book the costs to their accounts like that even if bought before july.

But from a selling teams perspective the sale would go on the books straight away. I.e. this season we'd show a £15m profit on Spence, so teams would start to be more inclined to sell to roll the FFP benefits over to the next year.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?