oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

3 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I can’t see this being completely true tbh. Why didn’t he leave then? What stopped him or Burnley? He’d have only been here for a matter of months, none of it would have made any sense at all.

If I was going to be very cynical, I'd ask if we improved his contract, making him have a sudden change of heart & stay.

• Like 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Could he maybe have used it as some kind of motivation tactic at end of season? To the players like ‘show me why I should stay’ 

It worked *** terribly if this was the case 😂

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Didn't work considering it was the day before the Huddersfield match. 

I can remember in his pre match interview with sky sports wilder said we didn’t do any preparation for the Huddersfield game. This probably explains why. He had his head turned. 

Just now, "KM" said:

I can remember in his pre match interview with sky sports wilder said we didn’t do any preparation for the Huddersfield game. This probably explains why. He had his head turned. 

Mate, I don't think managers in the second division of English football can just rock up to work and say "sorry lads, not training today, I'm off to Burnley so there's no point is there, haha!" and then just carry on the next week.

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

I’m not sure why these journalists think Steve Gibson is anywhere near the Spence discussions. It will be Scott, and maybe Bausor, if anyone. That alone should be an indicator that they’re just making stuff up.

I think Gibson is involved in the Spence discussions.

Just now, Riverside94 said:

So what we saying is … Wilder to walk as soon as a premier league job comes up this season?

I've got no confidence that he wouldn't. Which isn't a great thing to say about someone who's been here less than a year and will be getting backed heavily in the transfer market.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

I’m not sure why these journalists think Steve Gibson is anywhere near the Spence discussions. It will be Scott, and maybe Bausor, if anyone. That alone should be an indicator that they’re just making stuff up.

I know Scott is involved now so it's a little different but I don't find it hard to believe Steve Gibson still has his hand in transfers at all. It's not like he's never been involved, it's not like he has a history of keeping his nose out of it. Bausor will definitely be part of it too, wouldn't consider that a maybe. Wilder mentions him too often.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Riverside94 said:

So what we saying is … Wilder to walk as soon as a premier league job comes up this season?

Probably, especially if things aren't looking good here.

10 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I can’t see this being completely true tbh. Why didn’t he leave then? What stopped him or Burnley? He’d have only been here for a matter of months, none of it would have made any sense at all.

Burnley picked up considerably under the caretaker which may have put the owners off bringing someone in. They were kind of already getting the new manager bounce.

Just now, Will said:

I think Gibson is involved in the Spence discussions.

Yeah I'd imagine that too. Considering we're apparently very tough on our stance I'd imagine than Gibson will himself have told Levy how the landscape is. From top dog to top dog. Just to let Levy know that it's no use for him to try an bully or negotiate the fee down with Bausor and Scott. I reckon that is something that a guy like Levy needs to hear from the owner himself.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

That's likely. Like all other Championship managers. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yeah, he told McNair, and Bamba, he was off. Nobody knows why he stayed

Sounds so like when AK Walked and then came back. I'm guessing Gibson is good at convincing people to change their mind. 

If his mind was set on leaving I don't expect him to stay long - another reason letting him get rid of so many players is quite odd.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?