oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, edinboro said:

Sounds so like when AK Walked and then came back. I'm guessing Gibson is good at convincing people to change their mind. 

If his mind was set on leaving I don't expect him to stay long - another reason letting him get rid of so many players is quite odd.

They are players that aren't good enough for where we want to be, regardless of who is manager. If he turned around tomorrow and said he wanted to sell Tav or Izzy because they didn't fit the way he played (obviously they do, but hypothetically) then I'd have an issue. Selling a lump like Ikpeazu or Cakpom would be happening regardless of who was our manager.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Sounds so like when AK Walked and then came back. I'm guessing Gibson is good at convincing people to change their mind. 

If his mind was set on leaving I don't expect him to stay long - another reason letting him get rid of so many players is quite odd.

I've made this point a few times over the summer. If we were to buy gyok with the spence funds I'd be ok with it as he would be good in an system from last seasons evidence but I'm happy enough for the club to be signing frees and loans for the specific players for his system at the moment as there's no guarantee he's gonna stick around for one reason or another. Letting him totally overhaul the squad to suit his tactics and using up most of our funds is a huge risk.

27 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

I’m not sure why these journalists think Steve Gibson is anywhere near the Spence discussions. It will be Scott, and maybe Bausor, if anyone. That alone should be an indicator that they’re just making stuff up.

Gibson is 100% involved in these kind of discussions. He’s more hands on than his public persona shows.

• Like 1
Just now, nunthorpered said:

Gone from "Getting big funds from Spence to signing top strikers" to "Wilders leaving at Xmas" impressive even for Oneboro lol

Total meltdown because of one posters rumour 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Do you think he would knock back a prem job stay with us if we weren't top 2? 

Who knows. With the right backing and support from the fans he could be in top 2. No point worrying about thinks that are unlikely to happen

Just now, Will said:

Where's the meltdown?

This is a football forum. By law we have to describe things by using only the following

Meltdown

Bedwetting

Deluded 

Rose Tinted 

Cynical 

Hey I don’t make the rules 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

On this thread. 

Not a meltdown. A discussion based on what happened re Burnley and some very strange behaviour and comments on current players, and lack of progress in signing people and progress in selling people he wants shot of.

Just now, edinboro said:

Not a meltdown. A discussion based on what happened re Burnley and some very strange behaviour and comments on current players, and lack of progress in signing people and progress in selling people he wants shot of.

Long way of describing a meltdown. 

• Haha 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?