oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, notjade said:

They have to. They had like 5 players on the books

plus free agents loosing a weeks wage every week that goes by

If Gayle wants to stay in the NE, it gives us a bit of a boost. If we can get him in it takes the pressure off any deal for Armstrong a little - we need at least one of those two.

Wilder saying McNair will be used at RCB suggests we need a defensive/holding midfielder in too. We have Crooks, Tav, Patero, McGree, and Boyd-Munce for the two ahead, but only Howson really for the deeper role. We were linked with Choudhury and Boetius earlier in the window, so you'd think there's a shortlist there. 

LCB - Davies? Branthwaite? Greaves? Someone left field?

2 hours ago, Mr_Maz said:

nice

though that's 2 x Good, 1 x Average, 2 x Developing.

would like a was Good but has experience and can still fill in as Average to come in, and allow Coburn to go on loan.  

With a caveat, as Coburn could go goal crazy in preseason and earn his place.

Coburn should be automatically ahead of a player like Simms. He's actually proven he can do a job in the championship.

4 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Coburn should be automatically ahead of a player like Simms. He's actually proven he can do a job in the championship.

yeah and think the idea of loaning him out to league 1 is borderline pointless, let him be part of the first team and see if he takes his chance at getting into the starting spots, unless our new strikers go balls to the wall and get loads of goals I think he will still get a decent chance even if is down as 5th choice

17 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

If Gayle wants to stay in the NE, it gives us a bit of a boost. If we can get him in it takes the pressure off any deal for Armstrong a little - we need at least one of those two.

Wilder saying McNair will be used at RCB suggests we need a defensive/holding midfielder in too. We have Crooks, Tav, Patero, McGree, and Boyd-Munce for the two ahead, but only Howson really for the deeper role. We were linked with Choudhury and Boetius earlier in the window, so you'd think there's a shortlist there. 

LCB - Davies? Branthwaite? Greaves? Someone left field?

Kongolo and Sarr for some cheaper options maybe. Greaves was the one they really really wanted, but Hull probably taking the *** with price as per

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

he's definitely scored goals in the short amount of game time he gets, but he needs more minutes on the pitch.

he's not going to get that as 5th choice striker (expect the 3 new strikers to be ahead of him), although I would be overjoyed if storms pre-season and moves up the order. 

Simms has had more game time, and progressed in different leagues, plus we are looking to bring in 3 strikers to fight for the 2 starter spots along with Watmore (as things stand this early in pre-season.

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

yeah and think the idea of loaning him out to league 1 is borderline pointless, let him be part of the first team and see if he takes his chance at getting into the starting spots, unless our new strikers go balls to the wall and get loads of goals I think he will still get a decent chance even if is down as 5th choice

As the caveat an above, if he storms pre-season and moves up the order then YIPPPPEEE

if he doesn't then the game-time is the best growth driver for progression. best long-term strategy if we can afford it

Just now, Rob said:

With a better strike partner he will be even more dangerous for me. We are not good enough as a club to think  a player with coburns potential can't develop in our own first team. I mean we will probably just sign someone who can't hit a cows *** anyway. I'd be happy if we signed a player like simms for 500k no problem but the the way people just dismiss coburns ability is quite baffling.

4 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

With a better strike partner he will be even more dangerous for me. We are not good enough as a club to think  a player with coburns potential can't develop in our own first team. I mean we will probably just sign someone who can't hit a cows *** anyway. I'd be happy if we signed a player like simms for 500k no problem but the the way people just dismiss coburns ability is quite baffling.

I'm not sure peopla are dismissing his ability, but instead are looking at solutions how to develop him the most. If we bring in 3 quality-ish strikers ahead of him he's going to get little gametime, so instead of sitting on the bench it might be better to play every week in League 1 and score som goals. Then next season he can move up into the Championship either with us or another team (if we win promotion). He already played too little when we brought in duds like Balogun and Conolly so if we bring in Gyokeres, Armstrong and another he might not see much action. 

• Like 5

Coburn has shown he’s got the gift of right place right time, just needs to develop his ‘football brain’ and use his body better instead of trying to brute force everything.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WarnocksLoveChild said:

Big wage bill for league one income

The EFL are approving every deal, so I doubt it will be significant.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I'm not sure peopla are dismissing his ability, but instead are looking at solutions how to develop him the most. If we bring in 3 quality-ish strikers ahead of him he's going to get little gametime, so instead of sitting on the bench it might be better to play every week in League 1 and score som goals. Then next season he can move up into the Championship either with us or another team (if we win promotion). He already played too little when we brought in duds like Balogun and Conolly so if we bring in Gyokeres, Armstrong and another he might not see much action. 

That was only due to the managers poor selections rather than anything to do with coburn. More than likely he will go on loan but him going out on loan to league 1 and playing with inferior players in a league thats a fair way behind ours in terms of quality isn't as good as letting him develop in our first team. It's conceivable coburn would score at least ten in 30 starts imo. Are we likely to sign 3 players that will do that? I don't think so. Wilder was happy enough to play 3 strikers last season who were pretty awful for long periods over 90 minutes most games and still couldn't score so why wouldn't Coburn be good enough as a 3rd choice option behind 2 new signings now? I'm not saying he should be starting every game this season but he should be getting game time because of the promise he showed last season.

Coburn is a quality-ish striker at this level already because he can do the hardest part of being a striker. With more experience at this level to develop his all round game he could potentially become quality quite quickly as Tavernier and Fry did.

Edited by Foxtrot Oscar Colin
  • Like 1

I think as a striker unless the other choices ahead of him constantly stay fit and when subbed on deliver the goods in terms of goals then he will get his own chance. Like I'm sure watmore will get a decent whack from the bench but will the other choice ahead of him (assuming we have 5 strikers) and when one is injured or suspended he will also get a chance as there is plenty of subs available next year and he usually ends up swapping both strikers out if we are not winning the game. I can't see us getting 4 quality strikers in better than him to be in that situation he won't be needed as part of the first team. Could see us bringing in 2-3, and anyone who would be better than him at 4th choice would be at additional cost to the club when we have a lad showing he is on the fringe of the championship for us who is clearly on peanuts compared to anyone else.

I think if he was wanting to loan him out it would have already happened in January, I think its short sighted loaning him out to be in a situation where one player is out and he is probs getting subbed on, I'd keep him here and can always review it in January 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?