oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

One thing a few people are missing with the prolonged Spence bid is the message it's sending out to everyone else. No one comes and pinches our players without a fight and certainly not on the cheap. It's an important message and one we've been guilty of not portraying over the years. Keeping hold of our stars is as important if not more important than creating funds for new players.

• Like 17
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Given Levy's reputation I would imagine Gibson is doubling down and not budging. Both have fairly high reputations in English football and can see a bit of *** measuring going on in negotiations. Gibson will be wanting him to know he is no mug. 

I'm wondering if any other bids have been received, When is the expected bidding war starting? Were the rumours of interest from Arsenal, Munich, Dortmund etc wildly inaccurate. It would appear that that is the case. Why would we be messing around with Levy if there was a que around the block for his services?

23 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Ellis Sims would fill that roll but its just rumour atm isn't it

I thought he was more of a backup/bench warmer. Not sure he'd be the standard to set your hopes on for a promotion team? I don't know much about him though. 

7 minutes ago, Leesider said:

I'm wondering if any other bids have been received, When is the expected bidding war starting? Were the rumours of interest from Arsenal, Munich, Dortmund etc wildly inaccurate. It would appear that that is the case. Why would we be messing around with Levy if there was a que around the block for his services?

Because there is no queue?

8 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Spence really, really wants to go to Spurs

15 minutes ago, Humpty said:

One thing a few people are missing with the prolonged Spence bid is the message it's sending out to everyone else. No one comes and pinches our players without a fight and certainly not on the cheap. It's an important message and one we've been guilty of not portraying over the years. Keeping hold of our stars is as important if not more important than creating funds for new players.

Yes, but while that is true we're still in a situation where we need a keeper and at least two strikers with the season just three weeks away. I don't believe that we should settle for much less than our evaluation and it's easy for fans to say "just get it over with" when we have no idea what has actually been offered compared to what we want. 1 million is still a lot of money and not just something we should waver.

When push comes to shove I think we need to sell Spence more than Spurs need to buy him and that is obviously something Levy is well aware of. While I'm behind Gibson in this I'm still a bit worried that we could find ourselves in a bit of bother if we don't manage to sell him any time soon. We really don't need him anymore but we sorely need the funds elsewhere in the team.

• Like 2

Again - while it would be ideal, we don't need all of our targets in by the opening day. There's still another 2 months of the window. 

I'd rather we signed our first choice on 31st August than our 7th or 8th choice now. It's about signing the right players, not signing any players 

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yes, but while that is true we're still in a situation where we need a keeper and at least two strikers with the season just three weeks away. I don't believe that we should settle for much less than our evaluation and it's easy for fans to say "just get it over with" when we have no idea what has actually been offered compared to what we want. 1 million is still a lot of money and not just something we should waver.

When push comes to shove I think we need to sell Spence more than Spurs need to buy him and that is obviously something Levy is well aware of. While I'm behind Gibson in this I'm still a bit worried that we could find ourselves in a bit of bother if we don't manage to sell him any time soon. We really don't need him anymore but we sorely need the funds elsewhere in the team.

The window doesn't close for nearly two months unless i'm mistaken? We'll get our strikers but it's important we get the right one's and not just bodies through the door for the first game.

• Like 2

We can't go in to the first game of the season with just Coburn and Watmore as our strikers, regardless of what happens with Spence.

There's another 22 days until then, so I'm sure we'll bring in at least one, but it's getting closer and closer and we haven't made a signing in 2 weeks.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

The window doesn't close for nearly two months unless i'm mistaken? We'll get our strikers but it's important we get the right one's and not just bodies through the door for the first game.

Sure it is. But there aren't a massive que for Spence. It's just Spurs apparently and do you think we can get the right strikers in without selling Spence? Would you hang your hat on us selling Spence in the final week and getting the rest of the players in the final days? There are 7 rounds before the end of the window and I don't think we can afford to wait too long.

11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Again - while it would be ideal, we don't need all of our targets in by the opening day. There's still another 2 months of the window. 

I'd rather we signed our first choice on 31st August than our 7th or 8th choice now. It's about signing the right players, not signing any players 

You're being way over dramatic here just to make your point. We're not on the opening day. Using your analogy would you be comfortable playing the first 7 rounds with just Coburn and Watmore and feel comfortable that we will get all our first choices in on the final day of the window?

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We can't go in to the first game of the season with just Coburn and Watmore as our strikers, regardless of what happens with Spence.

There's another 22 days until then, so I'm sure we'll bring in at least one, but it's getting closer and closer and we haven't made a signing in 2 weeks.

Yes we can, categorically. It's not ideal but it's 100% better than buying someone for the sake of it. Wilder has already referenced that McGree can play as a 10 so he's clearly prepared to do that.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

If it works, fair play to the club, but I hope we don't end up with egg on our face over Spence if we hold out for too much.

Yeah hope so too, if they already agreed the fee's like it said then they can at least back down to previous amounts, but does not really sound like a situation that you would go down as a seller unless you either didn't want to sell or other parties were contacting saying look I know spurs will pay 20m with extras but we want to pay 22m+ here's our offer etc, but then where is even the rumours or bullshit reports that anyone else has even made an offer on par with spurs. The news is constant he is going to spurs, and if other clubs are interested I think they just waiting to pick up the pieces at the cheaper end of what's been mentioned previously. In my eyes if that was the situation then why wouldn't you then leak you had accepted a bid of that figure with these other clubs even if your just accepting the offer to give spurs the message this is the fee that he will be sold for, submit similar bid and then agree terms with djed which I would of thought would be reasonably easy considering what money he on at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

always people who don't have that money  who are so quick to write it off or get it paid its only few million, just so they don't have to wait any longer lol

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Yes we can, categorically. It's not ideal but it's 100% better than buying someone for the sake of it. Wilder has already referenced that McGree can play as a 10 so he's clearly prepared to do that.

Obviously we can in a literal sense, but it would be idiocy.

Either Wilder completely changes the style of play he used all last season because of a lack of progress with signings, or we go in with no options from the bench and hope neither get injured.

Watmore picked up an injury against Bishop Auckland in a friendly, the intensity will be much higher in a televised Championship match between 2 of the early favourites for promotion.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?