oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, Rob said:

think he needs one more failed transfer before he looks to come home lol

We'll be pushing for the champions league by then though so he probably wouldn't get in our team

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Are some fans seriously suggesting Wilder should rip up his system, to play with 2 wingers, or even more stupidly, suggest Adama be used as a wing back?

Adama has no idea how to track back, he switches off far too often, his end product is questionable, his goalscoring record poor. Yes he can create havoc and is exciting to watch, gets people off their seats, but for what in terms of achievement. Give me Jones and Giles as wing backs over Adama any day of the week. They are team players Adama is a luxury that would upset the applecart of our team shape as well as the squad balance given our playing style. I wish Adama well, but I wish Boro every success and, under Wilder, that isn’t and never could be with Adama in the team.

Hes played there alot for wolves and they are as solid a team as you can get in the prem. Very good defensively. I'm pretty sure he would have been tracking back. 

6 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

stick him upfront and just leave him destroy defenses while we all try and keep up with him. adama wouldn't upset the team at all. he'd be amazing upfront over ineffectual strikers we had last season. The team would still keep its shape and izzy and giles would get loads of room because adama would be the main threat they try to nullify(play narrow).

Because Adana has always been renowned for his end product? I doubt he’d suddenly score loads of goals. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

stick him upfront and just leave him destroy defenses while we all try and keep up with him. adama wouldn't upset the team at all. he'd be amazing upfront over ineffectual strikers we had last season. The team would still keep its shape and izzy and giles would get loads of room because adama would be the main threat they try to nullify(play narrow).

I quite like the idea of Adama up top. 

Richard Keogh and the like would absolutely s*it themselves any time the ball is cleared out. 

In all seriousness, if they sell Adama at a loss, i'm guessing it means we won't be taking a percentage of that, which is a valuable lesson for right now with Spence, arguing over some add ons...

4 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Snippet - Spence may be close to signing for a London club but not sure which one, possibly Spurs. Deal is key to us bringing in what we need up front.

Hes been close for the past 6 months, not sure how much closer he can get

3 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Richard Keogh and the like would absolutely s*it themselves any time the ball is cleared out. 

In all seriousness, if they sell Adama at a loss, i'm guessing it means we won't be taking a percentage of that, which is a valuable lesson for right now with Spence, arguing over some add ons...

We wouldn't have anyway, they triggered a release fee so it would have been all up front with no add ons

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Adama doesn't want to play wingback, hence he turned down Spurs.

Yes but this is just a hypothetical conversation anyway or thats how I was treating it! The fact that there are people who don't think he's good enough for our standard in either a role out wide or forward is quite astounding tho. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

We wouldn’t anyway so it’s a moot point. 

2 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Hes been close for the past 6 months, not sure how much closer he can get

Yeah, I might be late to the party on this one (or just bored of the whole thing perhaps)

3 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I would hate add ons if I was a player, it just gives clubs incentive to artificially go cold on your playing time if they want to strengthen the team elsewere and don't want to activate paying your old club a few more million. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?