oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

4 minutes ago, notjade said:

No you must remain absolutely silent until someone is announced. Then someone can post the tweet here here and we can all like it. That's it

What if I don't like it?

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, macapes said:

What if I don't like it?

You get a free flight every week to watch Venezia and ST to watch their new star striker and you have to attend or go to prison for the rest of your life. I appreciate prison is tough, but at least it wont hurt your eyes.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, notjade said:
1 hour ago, Liquid said:

Just been talking to a mate about Rhodes, the outcome being that we think he would be a decent signing. A few reasons

- He would be on relatively doable wages.

- He would be able to aid the development of our young strikers.

- He would be lethal on the end of Jones' low crosses.

Expand  

He was miserable here, think he'd rather retire than come back. Not happening

I said this the other day, but on the footballing side of things, Dael Fry and Leo are the only people still here from his first spell.

Then of course, there's the chairman who thought he was worth spending a fortune on in the first place, and the fans who were always behind him.

As it happens, I don't think Rhodes will end up here, but I doubt that his previous spell will have any bearing on him making a decision.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

I would be disappointed if Jordan Rhodes returned. I just don’t get it. He is at an age with no resale value, Huddersfield would think they’d won the lottery.

We need 3 strikers. They can't all be young players that we can develop and have in their prime years on our budget.

As I say, I don't think Rhodes will come, but I assume the thinking would be that he'd be a low cost backup option rather than first choice.

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

We need 3 strikers. They can't all be young players that we can develop and have in their prime years on our budget.

As I say, I don't think Rhodes will come, but I assume the thinking would be that he'd be a low cost backup option rather than first choice.

I get all that. Any fee is thrown away due to no resale value, dead money, he offers nothing for me. He is a mid table championship striker, not a striker for a top 2 aspirational team. I would far sooner have had a loan from say Archer or Scarlet than him. A backup striker needs to be someone who is desperately keen to make a stating line up, not someone happy to take a back seat just in case they are needed. 

• Like 1

I hated watch Jordan Rhodes try and play football when he was here last time, so technically poor and slow

Missed so many chances as well 

1 hour ago, BoroAbroad said:

Soooo. Another 10 pages and ....................

Still nothing new.  :classic_dry:

Well.. there's this American keeper due for a medical, spence is finally on his way.. so nothing new

It's hard to see Rhodes being picked ahead of Watmore or Coburn, and it's hard to see them being picked ahead of the calibre of strikers we're trying to bring in. So I really don't see the point of Rhodes coming back. Let's hope this is just misplaced speculation.

• Like 3

Thought Rhodes was really rubbish when he was here, slow, poor on the ball and timid.

Scored 6 crucial goals, so I get the fondness, but he missed so many more chances.

He'd probably be held in less high esteem if we hadn't somehow managed to get our money back from Sheffield Wednesday.

• Like 5
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?