oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

7 hours ago, AllBoro10 said:

Yes he had a good game. He’s still a very basic footballer.

One of the most underrated things in modern football is being  able to do the basic things, but to a high standard

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, kentucky said:

Bordeaux in a mess , could we get Josh Maja , he's had some injuries ,but he's only 23 so should recover fully, maybe a similar signing to Whatmore a new start

Are you a wind up merchant or did you just hit your head repeatedly as a child?

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Uwe said:

One of the most underrated things in modern football is being  able to do the basic things, but to a high standard

Partially agree. Also, anyone who would take Rhodes at this time of his career would need there head looking at. We need better and I’d like to think Wilder will go and get better. Jordan Rhodes FFS

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, PayeroAndParty said:

Its like Christmas!!!! 

I'm convinced the club will release info when its good & ready...The media & especially Oneboro are the last to know until ALL loose ends are tied up

40 minutes ago, Teacider said:

This is a massive misrepresentation of our transfer activity... in the last 7 seasons we've spent £129m but the "some return" you mention which makes it sound insignificant is actually £119m... so yes I get the frustration that players haven't worked out as we would like (far too often!) but making it sound like we've thrown away over £100m just isn't true

Another important number in this conversation is the wage bill, even though our net spend on transfers is around even I would imagine we are well above average for wage bill in this division. 

4 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Partially agree. Also, anyone who would take Rhodes at this time of his career would need there head looking at. We need better and I’d like to think Wilder will go and get better. Jordan Rhodes FFS

688584114_facepalm2.jpg.214f8c9dd7e9a8cf7807820dad805c9e.jpg

4 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Exactly my thoughts if people are Wanting Rhodes 

Yes we are fast approaching desperation times but I comfort myself that behind the scenes all is going well and we will soon be astounded by what is to come😑

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, kentucky said:

Bordeaux in a mess , could we get Josh Maja , he's had some injuries ,but he's only 23 so should recover fully, maybe a similar signing to Whatmore a new start

He's crap

4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Yes we are fast approaching desperation times but I comfort myself that behind the scenes all is going well and we will soon be astounded by what is to come😑

I don't think its desperation times at all! 

We're going to have a better keeper by the time the season starts, we'll have more depth at CB with Lenihan and a better LWB i would expect. 

Our midfield will be no worse than last season by the time the season starts, I know Howson can't go on forever but he'll be fine until the window shuts and as a squad player after that. I'm sure we'll have another defensive midfielder in before the end of August. 

That leaves us with the only problem position which is up front, if the window ends with Watmore and Coburn as our only strikers then we've got a huge problem but that isn't going to happen in a million years. 

I think its pretty obvious that we've been waiting for the Spence money before spending and that looks like its almost resolved now. I'm confident we'll have at least one striker in before West Brom and our team will look pretty decent. If it takes until the end of the window to get all our signings I don't think that will ruin our season.  

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Changing Times said:

It’s a bit like Spence in that we are selling at a point when his stock his high.  If the player goes on to play well then the value will go up but if not then it’s going to get lower, especially when a contract is running out as well as it is with Traore.  If he moves somewhere this summer and has say two solid seasons then he’ll be valued at more than £10m but if he doesn’t then he won’t be.  Spence is a similar situation cos what you’re doing is selling potential really.  I guess I would prefer to get the money in the bank when you’re selling potential rather than hoping that everything works out for the player and you get more in the future.  

This is something I was pondering the other day. We would have sold Spence for between 0-3 mil a year ago and been fairly happy. Now people are kicking off that we are reported to have accepted 12.5m. But think back how many young players have we thought looked really good and then flopped? Luke Williams is the one that springs to mind for me - remember being quite excited when he broke into the team thinking he just needs to add a little bit more and hes there. Would have been mad if we had cashed in on him for a few mil, but in hindsight that would have been a  masterstroke from the club. Tav and Fry have reached prem level IMO and just need those Ptem level players around them to shine. Jones is probably our next sellable asset and I hope he isnt a one season wonder (people saying selling Spence for so much off the back of one good season is great then forget Jones has only had the same).

9 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

We need a triple striker announcement of Ricard, Branca, Alun Armstrong proportions. 

Those 3 now would be better than last season.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?